Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Forthog DLC now included with Shadows of War. Seems like international charity laws prevented them from saying that money from out of the country goes to charity. I bet Sterling is claiming he single-handedly brought the change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Also RIP Barry Dennen.

You'll go down in history as the man who beat Peter Stillman.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Scalding Coffee posted:

Forthog DLC now included with Shadows of War. Seems like international charity laws prevented them from saying that money from out of the country goes to charity. I bet Sterling is claiming he single-handedly brought the change.

It took me a second to process this and thought that Shadow of War was getting a Fortnite mode with a PUBG mode in its Fortnite mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

precision posted:

man i loved that one

is there not an Ys Megathread? search turns up nothing but i swear there was one

There's one in the imp zone but it may be archived by now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Edit it is in fact still alive https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3755391

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shadow Of War seems like a better Mordor sequel that is also unfortunately getting facefucked to death by all these microtransaction DLC tidbits that are just whittling down a great idea into a typical rear end in a top hat AAA shitfest. It's a real shame WB Games is so intent on ruining it.

Speaking of ruining, Ruiner is great. I beat the first boss battle and didn't notice until after that I was holding my breath the whole time. The "strategic dash" is pretty much necessity and is a really unique mechanic for this kind of games. It's basically timewarp bullethell Hotline Miami with abilities and skills.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Bad microtransactions and bad pr worked so well for the last Deus Ex, I can certainly see why somebody would imitate it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

should I get and play D: The Game

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Bad microtransactions and bad pr worked so well for the last Deus Ex, I can certainly see why somebody would imitate it.

holding a story mission with Pritchard hostage as DLC was loving abhorrent

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

DLC Inc posted:

holding a story mission with Pritchard hostage as DLC was loving abhorrent

You're kidding me that they actually did that

This sounds worse than the Dragon's Age DLC NPC

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Samuringa posted:

You're kidding me that they actually did that

This sounds worse than the Dragon's Age DLC NPC

Dragon age was so loving egregious

They actually had a dialogue prompt saying

Oh no, our village is being attacked by orcs! Please help us!
1. Oh sure, I will help you kill those smelly orcs because I am a cool dude. <PURCHASE DLC>
2. gently caress off, dwarf! I care not for your pitiful kinfolk. I laugh and watch as orcs devour your children!

Like, Jesus.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

only if you livepost your reactions, and also play d2 and livepost your reactions to that as well.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Suffer like D did

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Is that the one that was on 3DO and... PS1, I think? The only thing I really remember about it is busting out laughing at the twist.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The best 3DO adventure game was the one based on the premise that a portal to hell opened up in front of the US Congress. They should remake that

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I want the D
4, season 2

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

raditts posted:

Is that the one that was on 3DO and... PS1, I think? The only thing I really remember about it is busting out laughing at the twist.

Saturn and PSX.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tbh the guy who made d is cooler than the game itself. dude was legit loving nuts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenji_Eno

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Colonel posted:

tbh the guy who made d is cooler than the game itself. dude was legit loving nuts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenji_Eno

Yeah no kidding. I would've liked to see what he could accomplish with today's gaming tech. I feel like he would have tried to get some VR stuff going.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Maybe I'm crazy but I never had a problem with Project 10 dollar. I don't get why people freaked out about it so much given a lot of people purchase a game new anyways.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Healbot posted:

Saturn and PSX.

It was definitely on 3do too, that's where I played it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Has anyone here played Hob?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

D is awesome. Enemy Zero is cool in concept but the gameplay is so rough that I couldn't get through it. I've been chomping at the bit to play D2 for years since I played D but I still don't own a Dreamcast.

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me

Guavatin posted:

The QoL improvements in Steamworld Dig are great!

Having the water regen by just being on the surface saves so much time. Actual water alchoves regenning you don't run out anymore aswell!
Plus the sticky bomb shooter you get early instantly gets rid of my gripes of the first game.

Coupled with the nice artstyle, the bigger new town, music and character designs, this may end up being my GoTM.

My thoughts on the new Steamworld Dig. Great stuff.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Marry, gently caress, kill: Capcom, Ubisoft, EA

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Jay Rust posted:

marry Capcom then get Vampire Savior and Monster Hunter in the divorce
gently caress EA
kill Ubisoft

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jay Rust posted:

supergiant games, grasshopper manufacture, konami

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Jay Rust posted:

You originally put murder here instead of marry and I was wondering why we got to kill 2

gently caress capcom kill the other 2, then I still get monster hunter

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jay Rust posted:

inti creates, platinum, wb

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Cowcaster posted:

supergiant games, grasshopper manufacture, konami
First time I didn't see someone say gently caress konami.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Trying to play PUBG with friends and my game is running like absolute dogshit. Tried fiddling with the settings and it's not fixing it. Suggestions? The loading screen takes forever. Huge lag spikes, game locking up in vehicles, etc. I know it's early access but my friends are able to run it fine and my computer should be more than capable of handling this game

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Aww gently caress, y'know who else passed away this week?

The guy behind the LEGO Island games.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Is it too soon for GOTY chat? If not:

Surge
Ruiner
Tekken 7
Destiny 2

I'm comfortable with that list.

Forza 7 is the only one left that could sneak in.

E-technically Payday 2 update would be slot #1 (console).

swims fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Sep 27, 2017

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me

swims posted:

Surge
Ruiner
Tekken 7
Destiny 2

how's Ruiner going so far?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

swims posted:

Surge
Ruiner
Tekken 7
Destiny 2

Persona 5
Nier Automata
Breath of the Wild
:colbert:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

marry ubi, gently caress capcom, kill EA

what even does EA make that anyone cares about on this forum. i dont mean in the world because obv battlefield, madden whatever. i mean the people in this thread

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

marry ubi, gently caress capcom, kill EA

what even does EA make that anyone cares about on this forum. i dont mean in the world because obv battlefield, madden whatever. i mean the people in this thread

Titanfall 2 is good.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

T2 is really good but didnt it sell bad so like they probably will just go back to making it a multi-only game

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Marry Capcom then break it's neck, gently caress Ubisoft to death, kill EA right away. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Titanfall 2 is good.

Arguably that is in spite of EA. Wouldn't surprise me to learn they pushed against a single player campaign, because nobody likes those anymore, based on information from absolutely nowhere.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 27, 2017

• Locked thread