Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Varg posted:

The best pit I've seen was just 2 guys during an opening band for Demolition Hammer this year. They would roll around and then sit and meditate because no one else was in the mood to hit each other yet
when I saw Carnivore on their last tour before Peter Steele died, there were two Brokencyde-looking pit ninjas going at it for the opener and one very large, very drunk Carnivore fan who kept shoving them out of the pit like they had no right to be there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
my fav are the opening bar tae kwon do masters that end up falling on their neck and knocking themselves out

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Vulture Culture posted:

when I saw Carnivore on their last tour before Peter Steele died, there were two Brokencyde-looking pit ninjas going at it for the opener and one very large, very drunk Carnivore fan who kept shoving them out of the pit like they had no right to be there

He was 100% correct

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Pretty good album here. It's how I hoped Vektor would sound.

https://expander.bandcamp.com/album/endless-computer

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

Dimebags Brain posted:

Pretty good album here. It's how I hoped Vektor would sound.

https://expander.bandcamp.com/album/endless-computer

This is good poo poo.

So is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBXc4t5PB0k

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Oh poo poo, I didn't know there's a new exhumed album coming out. I wonder when, let me google up more about it:

https://label.relapse.com/exhumed-announce-new-album-death-revenge-premiere-new-song-defenders-of-the-grave/

"The band’s 6th full-length sees them tread into ambitious new territory with their first concept album; a musical melodrama in thirteen parts based on shocking true events."

Oh, uh. Hmm. Ok.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Vulture Culture posted:

when slayer and hatebreed toured together sometime in the early 2000s some guys started doing kung-fu stuff and a giant skinhead came out and threw them both to the ground and just started stomping the poo poo out of them with his boot.

they were dragged to the upper floor and they never came back.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm not normally that into tech-death. Is there anything out there that's going to floor me like the new Archspire? I can't stop listening to it.

saviro
Apr 28, 2005
the revenge of the peruvian

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I'm not normally that into tech-death. Is there anything out there that's going to floor me like the new Archspire? I can't stop listening to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYUtF6fhxFk

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

when slayer and hatebreed toured together sometime in the early 2000s some guys started doing kung-fu stuff and a giant skinhead came out and threw them both to the ground and just started stomping the poo poo out of them with his boot.

they were dragged to the upper floor and they never came back.

That's kind of hosed up. Although holy poo poo do I find the kung fu poo poo in mosh pits stupid as gently caress.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
I love the mosh pit dude that is somehow completely hammered and staggering around during the opener. I always wonder how they'll make it through the entire show. Spoiler alert: they never do.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Not a huge moshpit guy, but if I have a few drinks I might get brave. There was one time at a club venue for Alestorm and the dude made us form a wall of death. Whilst we were waiting for the song to break, across the space directly opposite me was the hugest dude I have ever seen, wearing an eyepatch and making the throat slit gesture. When we all ran forwards and poo poo hit the fan, I bounced off him and went flying. He pretty much picked me up with one huge hand on my head, slapped me on the back with a big grin and disappeared into the chaos. I think I saw more people flying around like bowling skittles.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Idle headbanging or nothing, please don't touch me

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

awkwardly leaning against the wall and nodding in 5/8 time, please don't touch or talk to me

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I can only headbang to Meshuggah's polyrhythms.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I'm in the balcony recording John Petrucci's hands with an LG slider phone.

Oh wait I forgot this isn't 2005.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I am a small man who stands just outside the pit because the view is better but inevitably gets hit in the chest and neck by a wayward mosher and then moves away.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
In front of the pit if I really like the band. Behind the pit if I'm indifferent

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Inappropriate time moshpit guy is a hero. Everyone trying to keep track of what the Melvins are doing or sing along with Hansi have the secret desire for someone, anyone, to start a circle pit.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

There was a big pit full of dummies for Godflesh, which seemed very out of place.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I love that every show has a perfectly round 5'2" man in a Pantera shirt who's just a wrecking ball in the pit

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I'm seeing discharge in a underground hole sometime in november :P

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i discharge in a underground hole every day

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I am that old grumpy dude wondering if he's the only one struggling with pain in the back and legs after like three songs.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

When I saw Opeth back in 2005 or 2006 people kept opening up pits at the wrong time. They'd slowly get all amped up during the heavy part and then throw down just as the band got to one of the soft sections.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

henpod posted:

Not a huge moshpit guy, but if I have a few drinks I might get brave. There was one time at a club venue for Alestorm and the dude made us form a wall of death. Whilst we were waiting for the song to break, across the space directly opposite me was the hugest dude I have ever seen, wearing an eyepatch and making the throat slit gesture. When we all ran forwards and poo poo hit the fan, I bounced off him and went flying. He pretty much picked me up with one huge hand on my head, slapped me on the back with a big grin and disappeared into the chaos. I think I saw more people flying around like bowling skittles.
My first show was Iced Earth, In Flames and Jag Panzer in 2002. We weren't sure where to stand so we ended up right in the middle of the pit about 20 seconds into Bullet Ride. My friend got a lens knocked out of his glasses and the entire pit stopped moshing to crawl around and help find it in the dark

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Vulture Culture posted:

My first show was Iced Earth, In Flames and Jag Panzer in 2002.

Hey this was my first metal show too. :hfive:

Ah, back when In Flames wasn't poo poo and Jon Schafer playing the national anthem in front of a giant American flag seemed innocent.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 27, 2017

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Henchman of Santa posted:

I love that every show has a perfectly round 5'2" man in a Pantera shirt who's just a wrecking ball in the pit

I've seen this guy as well.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Hulk Krogan posted:

When I saw Opeth back in 2005 or 2006 people kept opening up pits at the wrong time. They'd slowly get all amped up during the heavy part and then throw down just as the band got to one of the soft sections.

What, you've never heard of syncopated moshing?

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Pantera Wrecking Ball guy always seems to be supporting the two or three "I have a shirt NOW ITS GONE" guys, they normally perform shortly after he goes to the bar

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I'm a small, old, dude with a spine made of dust and I know I have no business being in a pit, but I made the mistake of being near the back edge of one while at a Damageplan show and one of those drunk assholes who just has to get into the pit as fast as he can from the back of the hall slammed into my lower back and I felt a bolt of lightning through my spine.

I hobbled off and from that moment on I've stayed as far away from the pit as I can. Jesus that loving hurt.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Hulk Krogan posted:

Hey this was my first metal show too. :hfive:

Ah, back when In Flames wasn't poo poo and Jon Schafer playing the national anthem in front of a giant American flag seemed innocent.

I was also at this tour lol. My brothers first show. Got knocked on his rear end when Pinball Map started off haha

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Hulk Krogan posted:

Also, there was an actual venue called the WWF New York and metal bands played there.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I saw Blind Guardian and Symphony X there too!

Avenged Sevenfold opened lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Re: pit talk, when I saw Vektor and Black Fast in a small D.C. club, some deathcore band opened and there was just one guy kung-fuing it up by himself in the center of everyone as they just kinda glanced at him and gave him room. Once they were gone, he left the venue entirely and I swear there was an audible collective sigh of relief.

Also my first pit was during an Exodus show and a guy who records a lot of shows in the tristate area caught a perfect video of me absolutely eating poo poo right as I entered the pit. :cripes:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I got a black eye from someone crowdkilling at a show years ago, which isn't the easiest thing to explain to your manager in the office.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I've never been a pit person. The one time I went in one I hosed my ankle up :(

My favorite pit memory though was from Bonnaroo during High on Fire. Not where you would expect a pit. I was off behind it, and just watched this gigantic(like 6'4") redhead just destroying dudes left and right. It went on for almost the whole set, it was pretty funny to watch. As we are leaving the tent that the show was in the giant redhead passes me, and I realize it was a woman. I don't think I'll ever be as metal as her.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Giant red headed metal women crushing lesser beings are pretty much as good as it gets.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I'm a fan of the giant black dude who is at every single show who moshes the entire night and gets high-fives from even the neo-nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saviro
Apr 28, 2005
the revenge of the peruvian
mosh pits have definitely changed, I remember shows like Morbid Angel in 2005 when Vincent came back and Dying Fetus around that time that were a room to the brim of pure violence, you would end in a completely different part of the venue between each song just because everyone was moving. Now I'm usually one of the oldest people at shows and I have to start the pit, morbid saint comes to mind recently. too bad I can only do it in 30 second bursts because I get gassed too quick