Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Alaois posted:

just lol if your team has changed its uniform enough to have throwbacks

(please update the Panthers uniform jerry you geriatric gently caress)

Yeah, the Panthers jersey is one of the worst in the league and reeks of the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I want the 3 different golds back.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Alaois posted:

(please die jerry you geriatric gently caress)

Ftfy

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I think Jerry's right to some degree, but it's difficult to go back to where we were.

He is right that politicizing the game is damaging.

However what's done is done (Kaep's initial protest), and now that the President is openly attacking players, you can't just ignore that. It's naive to think that the players can keep politics out of the game when Trump is saying the things he is saying.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Slowpoke! posted:

I think Jerry's right to some degree, but it's difficult to go back to where we were.

He is right that politicizing the game is damaging.

However what's done is done (Kaep's initial protest), and now that the President is openly attacking players, you can't just ignore that. It's naive to think that the players can keep politics out of the game when Trump is saying the things he is saying.

Amen

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/PanthersMax/status/913055987157946369

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Season saved.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ulmont posted:

In fairness, I honestly don't know who came up with this style first.

The smoke and lens flare make this look like a long lost background member of the parliment funkadelic

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Barudak posted:

The smoke and lens flare make this look like a long lost background member of the parliment funkadelic

I still see the white power ranger everytime I see that jersey hah. It's cool though, I like the gold on white.

In other news, apparently Vic Beasley is already back at practice...it's probably just coach speak and I really hope they hold him out until after the bye but that is encouraging. Schraeder is back this week thankfully. Sambrailo was good in the run but his pass pro is pretty meh.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
More like... "Some gwai lo".

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lame

https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/913077104027275264

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wtf how did I miss this

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Perfect opportunity to bust out the biggest southern insult possible.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Perfect opportunity to bust out the biggest southern insult possible.

bless his heart

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Everyone is backpedaling now...smh

https://twitter.com/MikeConti929/status/913077088403574785

https://twitter.com/knoxbardeen/status/913078705521664001

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Whelp gently caress the NFL I guess

How are the hornets supposed to do this year

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
I didn’t stand for the US anthem at Wembley on Sunday. They played the UK anthem after and I sat for that too coz gently caress standing for that if I can’t bring myself to stand for your one, as the UK is just as poo poo and has been even longer. Everyone else around me stood but no one gave me any poo poo.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Whelp gently caress the NFL I guess

How are the hornets supposed to do this year

They have Dwayne Bacon so probably really good.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Sounds like no Kwon or Lavonte this Sunday. So a rookie (Beckwith) will be calling the D that just got roasted by Case Keenum. Yikes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Only Poe and Jarret knelt on Sunday.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Only Poe and Jarret knelt on Sunday.

Not anymore!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

They have Dwayne Bacon so probably really good.

we also have

dwight howard

gently caress everything

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

boxcarhobo posted:

we also have

dwight howard

gently caress everything

I'm sorry and I was very much wrong about being really good. I forgot he existed.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/913048485812772864

:fork:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Yeah no poo poo. Better keep throwing him out there to get murdered.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

I can definitely see that, especially if he doesn't like needles and painkillers.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
where's the overtly racist lava hot take that chastises him for having celebration things and not wanting to rub some dirt in it and get back on the field

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

I can definitely see that, especially if he doesn't like needles and painkillers.

So crazy. He is such a physical specimen that I just assumed he would withstand the test of time. The past couple seasons have not been kind to Cam, it legit makes me sad.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

My only hope is that with Cam goes this staff. At least Rivera and Shula.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

weird Asian candy posted:

So crazy. He is such a physical specimen that I just assumed he would withstand the test of time. The past couple seasons have not been kind to Cam, it legit makes me sad.

you'd need to be made out of solid steel in order to withstand the pounding he's been taking

but according to replies to that tweet it's because he will occasionally run the ball because he's a greedy showboat

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
At least the Panthers will have CMC to rebuild around.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

At least the Panthers will have CMC to rebuild around.

And he's so small your building doesn't have to be that big! that's savin' on resrouces!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/913133178508005376

:tif:

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/913131979461287938

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 27, 2017

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I honestly believe Cam's aversion to needles is good for him in the long term. Hopefully he'll know when his body has had enough before it gets to the point where he's crippled himself on the field.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

There's something to be said for knowing when youre in pain I agree.

I don't want to read about him eating a bullet in ten years time because he's so hosed up he just wants it to stop.

They should sit him for 2 or 3 weeks. At worst the team is 2-4 when he comes back and he comes back actually physically ready to play.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

BlindSite posted:

There's something to be said for knowing when youre in pain I agree.

I don't want to read about him eating a bullet in ten years time because he's so hosed up he just wants it to stop.

They should sit him for 2 or 3 weeks. At worst the team is 2-4 when he comes back and he comes back actually physically ready to play.

If his body is physically breaking down, is 2-3 weeks really going to do much in the long run?

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Cam is injured, but that's not the largest problem.

He just isn't a good pass-only QB. Take away what his running does to defenses, and he's a bottom tier QB.

That's what they have been asking him to do since the end of his MVP season.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

If his body is physically breaking down, is 2-3 weeks really going to do much in the long run?

Better than nothing. Playing with minor injuries is an easier path to major ones. They should probably either let him have a few weeks off or just bring him out for division games.

Yall know I always hate on Cam because I didn't think he quite lived up to the hype but still its sad to see someone who could have had a legendary upside already start to lose that.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

Better than nothing. Playing with minor injuries is an easier path to major ones. They should probably either let him have a few weeks off or just bring him out for division games.

Yall know I always hate on Cam because I didn't think he quite lived up to the hype but still its sad to see someone who could have had a legendary upside already start to lose that.

I guess I am more questioning the ceiling of his health at this point in his career. Sure, playing with minor injuries leads to more major ones, but if his body is capped at like 70-80% of what it used to be or something, I don't know how much a couple weeks off is going to do especially considering we are 3 weeks into a new season and apparently staff is already saying his body is shutting down.

It is sad though. It seems wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I guess I am more questioning the ceiling of his health at this point in his career. Sure, playing with minor injuries leads to more major ones, but if his body is capped at like 70-80% of what it used to be or something, I don't know how much a couple weeks off is going to do especially considering we are 3 weeks into a new season and apparently staff is already saying his body is shutting down.

It is sad though. It seems wrong.

Probably then just turns into 'is it just this year or next year that he can possibly take us all the way'. Kinda same boat we've been in with Brees over here for a while but he keeps defying age expectations.

• Locked thread