Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i have like a bunch of nose tampons in right now this sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

All hail Friend Computer

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

triple sulk posted:

the insurance companies definitely won't collude or anything

Insurance companies aren't going to even bother to do it. Crossing state lines is already an option in several states that nobody uses because it would require companies to set up markets to handle out of state customers, a lot of work for little gain.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

thats not how things work

...or is it?? :smugdon:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

single payer trumpcare pivot when??!!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Zyla posted:

i have like a bunch of nose tampons in right now this sucks

ayyyyyyyy, this guy's called Pussyhead ovah heah! Eyyyyyyy Pussyhead! Ya ma-rone

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Typo posted:

i can't remember now but why is this bad? cuz I sort of remember this will blow up insurance markets in certain states

it becomes a race to the bottom, each insurance corp can go to the state with the lowest requirements, then offer those poo poo plans over the whole country

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

trump is such a loving simple minded orange baboon moron

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zyla posted:

i'd rather go to a foo concert than a nirvana one :shrug:

I saw the Foo Fighters at Wrigley Field which was amazing. Especially when then did a bunch of Van Halen poo poo during the band introductions.

I also saw them in Pensacola at a music festival where they played about 100 feet from the Gulf. Pearl Jam closed the night before and the Zac Brown Band closed the next night. It was awesome.

The Foos put on excellent shows.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Typo posted:

i can't remember now but why is this bad? cuz I sort of remember this will blow up insurance markets in certain states

sooo many reasons.. it can easily cause the health insurance market to collapse in certain states.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
I'm the reporters screaming "WHO'S IN THE HOSPITAL?!" into the void as Trump ignores them

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah libertarians are wacky but their not all pedophi

Nevermind

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Louisgod posted:

I don't think so, it has too far of a reach on established exchanges and local economies and likely clashes with baked law in the ACA. Seems easy to argue it's unconstitutional.

in the several weeks between this passing and getting blocked in some appeals court the economy will have a heart attack

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Typo posted:

i think the idea is all insurance co's would move to the state with least regulations/protections for the insuree

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/913088907633463296

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

deathbysnusnu posted:

:pray: please let this be another bloody week of firings. I want trump to sack sessions, price, and Kelly this week and whoever took over for spicer. Do it you bitch, fire a bunch of people to make up for not being able to fire mcconnel.

he should fire mueller too while he's at it

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Von Sloneker posted:

I'm the reporters screaming "WHO'S IN THE HOSPITAL?!" into the void as Trump ignores them

maybe he was thinking of Steve Scalise or John McCain and had a brain fart

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I saw the Foo Fighters at Wrigley Field which was amazing. Especially when then did a bunch of Van Halen poo poo during the band introductions.

I also saw them in Pensacola at a music festival where they played about 100 feet from the Gulf. Pearl Jam closed the night before and the Zac Brown Band closed the next night. It was awesome.

i saw them open for RHCP in the late 90s and the foo show was the better one lol

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

only President Big Boy gets two scoops of ice cream at dinner, only he gets to use the big fancy planes. everyone else gotta fly coach. know your place, peons

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

the bitcoin of weed posted:

trump is just going to sign a bunch of retarded executive orders and hope all of them getting tied up in the supreme court kills off ginsburg so he can appoint ed balls as her replacement and do whatever he wants

trump thinks he is a monarch that signs EO's which directly and immediately translates into the law of the land

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

ILL SEE YOU IN HELL THE SECURITY OF FOOTBALL IS AT STAKE

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Pead posted:

Insurance companies aren't going to even bother to do it. Crossing state lines is already an option in several states that nobody uses because it would require companies to set up markets to handle out of state customers, a lot of work for little gain.
t

this is the correct take

this thing already has existed before, and the administrative problems of it all makes it not a winning bargain for anyone

a company in arizona sure as gently caress isnt gonna spend all the time and effort to associate with a bunch of doctors in maine for little to no appreciable markup

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

TMMadman posted:

I'm not the biggest fan of the Foos but I'll never argue that Dave Grohl isn't a talented musician or good frontman. His collaboration with Lemmy back in the early 2000s was surprisingly good.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Yeah libertarians are wacky but their not all pedophi

Nevermind

Of course it's Walter Block. Of course it is.

Captain_Maclaine has issued a correction as of 18:20 on Sep 27, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I take a break to watch watch the Rick Pitino firing press conference and now Trump is planning to sign EOs for cross-state healthcare plans, jesus christ

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Who is in the upper left corner?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/913088807293132801

still might be outside of his powers, but has nothing to do with what katy tur said

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

fire those sons of bitches to hell

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

ArmZ posted:

i saw them open for RHCP in the late 90s and the foo show was the better one lol

"Better than RHCP" is not that high a bar to clear.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

hell stadium

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

triple sulk posted:

reminder that this is the best album of the 70s and if you haven't listened to it then smh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYtDhfR2t2Y

thats is my 4th-favourite bowie album from the 70s

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/eliotnelson/status/913084814391201793

gregday
May 23, 2003

peepeepants posted:

Who is in the upper left corner?

Pence

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Tom "is gonna pay the iron" Price

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

ILL SEE YOU IN HELL THE SECURITY OF FOOTBALL IS AT STAKE

kneeling so hard, i break the earth and go straight into hell

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

how many times has the nfl declared bankruptcy and is staying afloat through russianmoney laundering?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
insurers have no interest in setting up multi-state insurance because it would be a fuckin nightmare

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

oh wow, lol

Also Tucker got pretty ed balls:
https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/912838930583769100

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Lastgirl posted:

kneeling so hard, i break the earth and go straight into hell

new reality tv show hell's football

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:thunk: