Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Appropriate that google play selected Elder: riddle of steel

https://youtu.be/ViWgZ9168a4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dagen H posted:

Hammer and punch...?

While laying on my back and just enough clearance for my forehead

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
My kingdom for a pair of ramps

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well I guess I'm swapping the rear tire again and riding back into town for a punch set

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

DICK DICER posted:

While laying on my back and just enough clearance for my forehead

Jack it?

...then find some way to raise the trailer

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009
You can sometimes drive a self-tapping or other pointy screw into a roll pin and pull it out with a claw hammer or crow's-foot bar or whatever's to hand. Neither the screw nor the roll pin survive this process.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Red_October_7000 posted:

You can sometimes drive a self-tapping or other pointy screw into a roll pin and pull it out with a claw hammer or crow's-foot bar or whatever's to hand. Neither the screw nor the roll pin survive this process.

I should make a note to buy roll pins too,

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Red_October_7000 posted:

Wouldn't that expand the pin? I mean, great sounding tip but less useful up to your elbows in shufflepucks.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

The Locator posted:

I'd be willing to bet money that the food there is really good.

You know who has good food? This place, local to me:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dagen H posted:

You know who has good food? This place, local to me:

:stonk:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've earned a god drat beer after this

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

DICK DICER posted:

700x32 but the bonerangers are 35. I'm thinking about the 42s, they should fit just fine

Boner anger. I am absolutely co-opting that.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

glyph posted:

Boner anger. I am absolutely co-opting that.

I think it's "bone ranger", a parody of Bontrager.

VVV welp

Dagen H fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 27, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It was boner ranger, but now it's boner anger :v:

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Dagen H posted:

I think it's "bone ranger", a parody of Bontrager.

VVV welp

Oh, I know it's bontrager. I've actually met Keith, amazing dude. He's absolutely awesome AI poo poo- he made his name unpinning double wall 700c road rims, cutting them down, and rerolling them in a 26" diameter for mountain bike dudes because there weren't solid MTB rim options back in the day.

I'm going with boner anger. Right along with motor-bacon.

:dong::arghfist:

glyph fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 27, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I worked for a corporate owned store, they still did paper checks (and pay stubs) until the mid 00s as an option, and offered direct deposit "as a benefit" once you'd been there 3 months. I had direct deposit, but a lot of the insiders (cooks, phones, etc) didn't.

They don't issue checks or even paystubs at all anymore - you can have the manager print off a pay stub, but your only options to get paid there now are direct deposit or have them put it on one of those scummy reloadable prepaid debit cards that charge fees for every tiny little thing.

The Pizza Hut franchise I worked for a few years ago only did paper checks. They're a large franchise, but only managers could get direct deposit. And they were drawn on some bank that nobody has ever heard of (Happy State Bank) - I stumbled across a building with their name on it once, but there was no bank branch in there, just offices.

Village Inn is pretty good for a chain. My hometown still has several.

I have a Denny's and a Waffle House within walking distance. Then there's this place about 10 minutes away.

(Far) West Texas doesn't have Waffle House. I'd never seen one until I moved to Dallas (grew up in El Paso). I don't think you'll find one west of Midland/Odessa?

There are waffle houses in Amarillo and a Huddle House in Lubbock in a former Waffle House building. There are a few in Albuquerque as well. I didn't bother looking further west, but it's a safe assumption there are waffle houses in California as well.

And Happy State Bank is based out of Happy, TX and there are branches all over the panhandle. If you worked for a Pizza hut in the Midland/Odessa area, it's likely that it's a part of a group of franchises owned by someone in the panhandle, and likely the same people that own most of the PH franchises in west tx.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 28, 2017

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
If you don't like "whiffletree", then this would be an appropriate time to use "antler choocher".

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Also Pro-tip for lovely diners: DO EAT AT DENNYS. They are the loving worst.

We had their contract for a bit and had to service all their refrigeration poo poo. Good god those places are disgusting.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Another. loving. Flat.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

DICK DICER posted:

Another. loving. Flat.

How are you "fixing" the flats?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Seminal Flu posted:

Yeah, this really sounds like something sharp is embeded in the tread or the rim tape.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jesus. I got one of those tire liners (made by slime I think) for the rear and haven't had a flat since and I ride on a beach full of broken shell shards. Best :10bux: I ever spent on a bike.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Seminal Flu posted:

Nailing in patches.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seminal Flu posted:

Staple gun

brand new tube each time, inspected the rim and rim band every time

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Probably time for the solid rubbers.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Running a cotton ball inside a tire is a great way to find if there's something poking through the carcass.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

glyph posted:

Running a cotton ball inside a tire is a great way to find if there's something poking through the carcass.

So's the tip of your dick but now I'm not allowed back within 500 feet of the library

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I think my bike pump is actually damaging the seat of the presta stems, inve$$$ted in a proper bike pump

Soodonim
Jul 3, 2007

woooosh!
Can we do more direct deposit chat?

I never understood why the old dudes in the plant were so resistant to switching to direct deposit years ago. One guy finally gave it to me straight: he didn't want his wife to know how much he made. When I explained to him he could split his direct deposit between multiple accounts, even at multiple banks, I thought the dude was gonna kiss me. :)

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
We had a guy not cash his checks for 6 months cause he was planning for a divorce or something. I called him in and said if you lost these we will replace them it isn't a problem but you haven't cashed any in a long time do you need help with a bank or something, he said nope all of them are in my glove box. I said ok thanks for letting me know.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I worked at a bank for about 6 years. The main reasons:

1) IRS lien. They will take money from your account
2) child support lien
3) They had an account closed at another bank due to excessive overdrafts and no bank will let them open an account
4) Money isn't real unless you can hold it in your hand.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

We had a guy not cash his checks for 6 months cause he was planning for a divorce or something. I called him in and said if you lost these we will replace them it isn't a problem but you haven't cashed any in a long time do you need help with a bank or something, he said nope all of them are in my glove box. I said ok thanks for letting me know.

One of the old-timers at work was hoarding ~6mo worth of paychecks in his glovebox because he was eccentric (and already had money). This was a great plan until his car was broken into, and the checks stolen.

HR went to the trouble of cancelling the old checks and re-issuing them on the condition he signed up for direct deposit before they did so :v:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

DICK DICER posted:

I think my bike pump is actually damaging the seat of the presta stems, inve$$$ted in a proper bike pump

Have you looked at where you are getting the flats? Is it all the same place?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

nm posted:

Yes, Valentine NE

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Every flat so far has been due to a different, located and corrected puncture

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I may have a pair of 700x40 clement xplor mso tires in the barn if you think you could use them. I will check tomorrow. They were too wide for my bike and have 0 miles on them.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
700x40 was the size I was looking for originally, I just looked them up and I think those would be way way better tan the 42s offered before

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I could have easily gone home with a lady from the bar lol

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

DICK DICER posted:

nm posted:

Yes, Valentine NE

:rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DICK DICER posted:

I could have easily gone home with a lady from the bar lol

And you didn't because?

• Locked thread