Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
i have no phone and yet i must tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

the black husserl posted:

there is a crucial misconception in this thread i NEED to correct

the piss tape is real. but there is no guarantee whatsoever that the piss tape will ever be streamed. or that it is even in any condition to be streamed.

here is what is true: there is zero doubt under heaven that donald j. trump paid a pair of russian sex workers to piss on a bed he thought president obama slept in, and that putin recorded the act in questions. facts. any expectations about a nationwide streaming party are sadly just fantasy ~

never don't post or rewatch this if ever your faith should falter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbandPlKsJI&t=39s

quote:

“It’s made up. Never existed. Never happened. And the reason I say that so strongly because nothing is ever going to show up. There’s never going to be a tape that shows up. There’s never going to be anything that shows up. Now, I would be very embarrassed if a tape actually showed up, saying something like that. It would be double embarrassed because I’m saying there is no tape. There is no event. I was never even in that room for that period of time.”

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

euphronius posted:

I'm an optimist and really dumb but I hope great book eventually comes out about the meuller prosecution

I'm doubtful I'll actually bag Trump but I think there will be a decent number brought down

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Jesus Christ the deepest of cuts

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
twitter is required 4the full trump experience tho

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

the black husserl posted:

there is a crucial misconception in this thread i NEED to correct

the piss tape is real. but there is no guarantee whatsoever that the piss tape will ever be streamed. or that it is even in any condition to be streamed.

here is what is true: there is zero doubt under heaven that donald j. trump paid a pair of russian sex workers to piss on a bed he thought president obama slept in, and that putin recorded the act in questions. facts. any expectations about a nationwide streaming party are sadly just fantasy ~

Which stream would you say is more likely to be seen by the American public; a) Trump Putin piss tape, b) Star Trek: Discovery.

I'm voting a), because I ain't paying CBS a drat thing to watch the other.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

brugroffil posted:

I'm doubtful I'll actually bag Trump but I think there will be a decent number brought down

I mean this is teighlor made to be a movie

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

That DICK! posted:

Can anyone do a search to see how many times this has been said in these threads

just check Agronox's post history and youll get 90% of thenm

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

I mean tax cuts were supposed to be a march or April issue

they are way off track and not reacting to what's happening

it's kind of comical in the sense of the clown is dying is comical

When they started in January they assumed that Obamacare would be a matter of passing a quick wind-down followed by a full repeal and that Trump would be a help instead of a massive time sink. Now they're headed into fall with nothing substantial to show for it and no way to pay for any tax cut that they want to pass except by balancing it on the backs of the poor.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

BUSH 2112 posted:

best knob on any synth imo

wish my mt-32 had one, i'd turn it down

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

When they started in January they assumed that Obamacare would be a matter of passing a quick wind-down followed by a full repeal and that Trump would be a help instead of a massive time sink. Now they're headed into fall with nothing substantial to show for it and no way to pay for any tax cut that they want to pass except by balancing it on the backs of the poor.

yeah exactly

they can't even FOR REPUBLICANS lie about it being a tax cut in any meaningful sense

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Shugojin posted:

once i got a speeding ticket and i actually got out of the car and approached the cop car and asked him a question

i realized later that if i were black i would be Extremely loving Dead for that

and that was my personal "understanding white privilege" moment

Did the same thing first time I got pulled over. Man was that cop upset with me. Yelled at me to get back to my car and when I came up my hands had better either be on the steering wheel or hanging out the window. He did explain to me why I didn't want to run up to the car. And also explained he had to run the plates before approaching.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

um there's a $500 elderly care tax credit and they'll eliminate the estate tax - how is that not a tax cut?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

HycoCam posted:

Did the same thing first time I got pulled over. Man was that cop upset with me. Yelled at me to get back to my car and when I came up my hands had better either be on the steering wheel or hanging out the window. He did explain to me why I didn't want to run up to the car. And also explained he had to run the plates before approaching.

shoulda ran

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

brugroffil posted:

Nobody was saying "what's the point" though

"Police brutality is not going away even if it lessens" seems to imply something defeatist so that's what I took it as, apologies.

It's a difficult question and it's gotten very complex, but until there are policies where the police are made more likely to be accountable for their actions, that is the gesture that needs to happen to go forward at this point.

Instead we're getting racial tension and contempt because republicans are just that, racists and aren't going to take steps to enforce better monitoring of the police force, instead they are going to double down because they're the "victims" here with muh flag, and "we have to militarize the police against these thugs" :qq:

Also again, America is just too big with all these localized issues. Almost as if all states can't proportionally enact policies towards this, so it needs to be done on a federal level and The highest level of the american governance, the three branches are corrupt and inept, and are too busy with their own pet issues on how to screw the people over more.

It's not going to go away, especially with an orange pissbaby who is deeply insecure and hosed in the head, taunting and goading them like a bully instead of a leader. Things are going to get bad, and "At what point do they stop kneeling?" (which i also took as an implication) becomes "At what point does the American populace really start asking why the government isn't solving this, at all? It's affecting muh games :qq: Muh personal lives :qq:"

THS
Sep 15, 2017

when poor people do their taxes at the end of the year, living paycheck to paycheck, they think "oh thank god i got a deduction off the children for $1000, we can get out of poverty now"

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Duscat posted:

"There is no event. I was never even in that room for that period of time.”

ahahahaahahahaa WHAT ROOM DO YOU SPEAK OF?

IS IT THE FABLED 'PISS ROOM'?!?!?!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

BUSH 2112 posted:

best knob on any synth imo

but theres so many to choose from!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Yandat posted:

when poor people do their taxes at the end of the year, living paycheck to paycheck, they think "oh thank god i got a deduction off the children for $1000, we can get out of poverty now"

i kinda doubt most poor ppl in america are itemizing tho...

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Bust the knob bret

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Duscat posted:

yeah i kinda misread the op there, police brutality is defs not going anywhere, but the NFL will have to find some minimum in the net outrage function between the chuds and the humans

I don't really see how they can do that without a third party input, like maybe the friggin president's guidance in soothing relations

he's actually provoking instead

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Mariana Horchata posted:

i kinda doubt most poor ppl in america are itemizing tho...

i'm a single fag so i have nothing to itemize, you're probably right though. how many people don't get government benefits because they never apply, how many people don't get these tax credits because it's a pain in the rear end

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

when lil bits of weed fall into the jacks does it change the sound at all?? if so how so :420:

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Post the knobs boys

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

I don't really see how they can do that without a third party input, like maybe the friggin president's guidance in soothing relations

yeah, i honestly can't guess how this'll play out, it'll be interesting and informative to watch

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
lol if you doubt the piss tape is real. just lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DrPossum posted:

"it's clear from the autopsy that a lack of exercise and diet heavy in polonium contributed to an early demise"

[extremely detective joementum voice] "he must've been extremely concerned about iran, case closed boys"

*dragnet theme*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Duscat posted:

yeah, i honestly can't guess how this'll play out, it'll be interesting and informative to watch

I think it's gonna be a tragedy for everyone involved

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

I could go for a piece of that pizza.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

trump just does whatever gets the most people watching him

the easiest way to defeat him is to ignore him, but that's kind of hard atm for obvious reasons

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
it would be so great if twitter went under or banned Trump or something. we wouldn't even be able to know how angry he was. he'd be fuming, but he would have no audience and the though of that is hilarious to me.

I picture him angrily mashing a group text to everyone in his phone.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

I think it's gonna be a tragedy for everyone involved

given how things turn out for trump i think it will be a tragedy for everyone specifically not involved

like both nukes will suddenly veer off course and land directly in canada

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Yinlock posted:

trump just does whatever gets the most people watching him

the easiest way to defeat him is to ignore him, but that's kind of hard atm for obvious reasons

he's president

THS
Sep 15, 2017

wait trump is president ?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

When I first started working in an office and drinking coffee because it was there I used to load it with cream and sugar.
Then one day this older lady said very bluntly to me "UFO, you don't like coffee you like ice cream".

I took that a challenge. Black is the way to go for me now.
Just realized she super owned me.

i admit im basically drinking caffeinated hot chocolate and im okay with that

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Duscat posted:

never don't post or rewatch this if ever your faith should falter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbandPlKsJI&t=39s

I just said it was real!!!

There is just no guarantee that we're going to see it. FACTS

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/simonmaloy/status/913186466997694464

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Yandat posted:

don't believe the trolls

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Yandat posted:

Donald Trump? That doesn't sound right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Trump has promised world leaders that he'll start a nuclear was with N.K if the pee tape gets leaked. Every time there's news about it he moves closer to pulling the trigger.

• Locked thread