Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Intruder posted:

lol I still can't believe the Texans a) actually honest to god should have won a meaningful game in Foxborough and b) pissed it away anyway

That final Pats drive was brutal, especially the dropped pick that was basically a gimme game winner

I feel like the Texans could win this division if they had a good coach. Unfortunately we should probably just congratulate the Titans right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
3rd and 1, a first down lets us kill the clock, good thing we drafted a big short yardage back

*runs Lamar Miller up the gut*

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I, for one, am glad it's somebody else's turn to be the worst team in the AFC dirty souf

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Randaconda posted:

I, for one, am glad it's somebody else's turn to be the worst team in the AFC dirty souf

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I thought my favorite addition in JAX was going to be A.J Bouye thanks to his pairing with Ramsey, but Calais Campbell is my dude right now. That D line has crazy talent and most of them can get to the ball.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the game winning Cooks TD catch

https://twitter.com/StephStradley/status/912368573867282432

Ah well

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wow that's some serious loving garbage.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

The Texans, getting hosed by the refs? Well I never!

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Intruder posted:

lol I still can't believe the Texans a) actually honest to god should have won a meaningful game in Foxborough and b) pissed it away anyway

That final Pats drive was brutal, especially the dropped pick that was basically a gimme game winner

How is b a surprise at all?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

But Not Tonight posted:

The Texans, getting hosed by the refs? Well I never!

No reason for it to have gotten to that point anyway. The Texans on that final drive allowed conversions of 3rd and 12 and 3rd and 18, forced a fumble but didn't recover it, and had a game winning pick dropped by an undrafted safety who is famous for being on Hard Knocks and having Charles James tell him to shape the gently caress up. Then when they got the ball back they completed a pass to around midfield with 13 seconds left while down a FG and let it tick down to 3 before calling timeout (I know Watson was signalling, but O'Brien should have been calling it from the sideline)

I'm not mad about the call on the TD because Cooks very clearly had a catch and only went to the ground because he had toe tapped and the byzantine rules of the NFL make it a no-catch

b0ng posted:

How is b a surprise at all?

Fair

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

At least the Astros are really good. Baseball is a much bigger sport priority for me right now.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Intruder posted:

No reason for it to have gotten to that point anyway. The Texans on that final drive allowed conversions of 3rd and 12 and 3rd and 18, forced a fumble but didn't recover it, and had a game winning pick dropped by an undrafted safety who is famous for being on Hard Knocks and having Charles James tell him to shape the gently caress up. Then when they got the ball back they completed a pass to around midfield with 13 seconds left while down a FG and let it tick down to 3 before calling timeout (I know Watson was signalling, but O'Brien should have been calling it from the sideline)

I'm not mad about the call on the TD because Cooks very clearly had a catch and only went to the ground because he had toe tapped and the byzantine rules of the NFL make it a no-catch

Very true, the game was ours to win but we choked when it mattered the most. Oh well, at least it's better than giving up at halftime and getting spanked like we've had happen before. Still real excited to watch Watson, in spite of our loss.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Watson is 100% the reason I'm watching games this year. He looked fantastic and I'm very excited to watch him grow. If he turns out to be a great player, even if we go 4-12 and give up a top 5 pick, that trade will be absolutely worth it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Do you guys think that the Texans will retain BOB if they have a bad record but Watson continues to be electric?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Do you guys think that the Texans will retain BOB if they have a bad record but Watson continues to be electric?

Probably won't get rid of him because he has had nothing but above .500 seasons up until now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

At least the Astros are really good. Baseball is a much bigger sport priority for me right now.

Baseball should always be a bigger priority as it is the best sport

I'd trade away both Rockets titles and a future Texans title to have the Astros win it all this year

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Probably. Also if Watson is electric they'll keep Rick Smith forever which makes me cringe but they're probably doing that anyway

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Is BOB the next Jeff Fisher? The NFL loves its middle of the road coaches, and BOB can get a new job by claiming "They just never gave me a QB!"

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

b0ng posted:

Probably won't get rid of him because he has had nothing but above .500 seasons up until now.

yeah but he's garbage though right?

idk I've pretty much only watched them when they play the Titans besides last week

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Athanatos posted:

Is BOB the next Jeff Fisher? The NFL loves its middle of the road coaches, and BOB can get a new job by claiming "They just never gave me a QB!"

He really can't claim that now.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I wish Bort's winning streak was as long as his widow's peak.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Athanatos posted:

Fisher got dragged to a Superbowl though, if BOB ever gets to one then maybe

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I have had a slow day at work so I've been reading up on football/Jaguars news and keep seeing all this poo poo about how the Jaguars may be 3-1 going into October and how that will be such a big deal (first time in 10 years and so on), and that the Jaguars are favored on the road for the first time in like three years. I keep thinking "The Jets just trounced the Dolphins; the Jaguars are coming home from London and are banged up..... slow your loving roll".

So now I have to assume that everyone is expecting the Jaguars to win so they will find a way to get embarrassed by the lowly Jets.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I'm pretty much expecting them to lose on Sunday, but it's still pretty cool that they wrecked two teams of any quality already

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

deshaun

watson

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
This was the only way this could end, really, a dead Mariota and the Texans finding a way to take the AFC South division.

Congrats, Houston fans.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Watson > Mariota

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

They'll both be dead by season's end, lets not even pretend here.

Also, move on from LeBeau.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans have the best QB in the AFC South

Mother of god

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

Intruder posted:

The Texans have the best QB in the AFC South

Mother of god

Another must be sacrificed

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
THIS IS WHY I WANTED SOME loving CORNERS

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

we all did, bud, we all did

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Andrew Luck
Marcus Mariota
Deshaun Watson
Blake Bortles

makes you think

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Metapod posted:

But you signed a Patriots free age-

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Kirios posted:

Andrew Luck
Marcus Mariota
Deshaun Watson
Blake Bortles

makes you think

Luck only exists in theory

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Metapod posted:

*wipes sweat off of forehead*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/terrymc13/status/914579660025016322

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/914602898218250240

:rip:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Last year really was the year for the Titans to win the division. Geez

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Sign Kaepernick plz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

So uh, the ref's completely hosed the Jaguars in the Jets game. Powell got a 75 yard TD because they somehow missed that he tripped over a Jaguar player, both live on the field and in the replay, where it is glaringly obvious...
Later, they missed a blindside block on a punt, but called taunting on the Jaguars player who got blindside blocked because he got upset that he got blindside blocked.

gently caress the refs.

• Locked thread