Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Weird, how am I power leveling all those people on Torment VI then?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Suspicious posted:

Weird, how am I power leveling all those people on Torment VI then?!

You make the game. They can't make their own torment games until 70.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
No. You can join or make games up to T6 with a sub level 70 character. It's been like this since forever.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If it's their first ever character they can't go above Master unless someone else makes the game.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I keep hoping one of these replies is going to be somebody parroting bliz announcing S12's start date.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Larrymer posted:

I keep hoping one of these replies is going to be somebody parroting bliz announcing S12's start date.

Soon™

E:

"Hey everyone,

BlizzCon draws near, and we wanted to give you an update about Diablo’s presence at the show. Last year at BlizzCon, we kicked off Diablo’s 20th anniversary by announcing the old-school cathedral dungeon (if you missed that the first time around, it’s coming back in January) and unveiling Rise of the Necromancer. This year, we want to give you a heads-up that while Diablo will be on the show floor, we won’t be making any new Diablo announcements. There will be a time for that at some point in the future, but that time is not now.

However, in addition to the special BlizzCon Diablo III in-game reward, we’ll also have Diablo panels for attendees and Virtual Ticket holders, and, as always, we look forward to a weekend filled with fun and revelry with the heroes who call Sanctuary home.

Patch 2.6.1 is on the horizon. Looking beyond that, we’re hard at work on the future of Diablo and exploring what’s next for the franchise. Please be patient. Our passion for Sanctuary burns as bright as the High Heavens and as hot as the Burning Hells—and we’re excited to hunker down and get working!

Until next time,
The Diablo Development Team"

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 27, 2017

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The red headed stepchild of Blizzard games.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Have they even revealed what the special BlizzCon Diablo III in-game reward is

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

I don't think so. They had a big Virtual Ticket stream last week, but all it revealed is the WoW reward and the backpack. I just checked the site and it only shows the WoW reward. They mentioned they'd reveal the rewards over time, but I'm guessing the 'Diablo 3 Toilet Paper Roll' will be the last to be shown.

mewse
May 2, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

I don't think so. They had a big Virtual Ticket stream last week, but all it revealed is the WoW reward and the backpack. I just checked the site and it only shows the WoW reward. They mentioned they'd reveal the rewards over time, but I'm guessing the 'Diablo 3 Toilet Paper Roll' will be the last to be shown.

I'm actually pretty excited about the special BlizzCon Diablo III in-game toilet paper roll cosmetic pet

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
This playthrough is feeling a bit pointless. Over an hour into act 2, and nothing so far has been the least bit challenging (outside the beginning of the game before I had any gear). I don't think my health bar has gone below 50% once, and it's usually full because of how generous the life gain gear is. I get that the "real game" starts at level 70 or whatever, but this feels like a waste of time. Why would you design your game this way?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Campaign sucks balls

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Rinkles posted:

This playthrough is feeling a bit pointless. Over an hour into act 2, and nothing so far has been the least bit challenging (outside the beginning of the game before I had any gear). I don't think my health bar has gone below 50% once, and it's usually full because of how generous the life gain gear is. I get that the "real game" starts at level 70 or whatever, but this feels like a waste of time. Why would you design your game this way?

Just up your difficulty until it feels challenging.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

bamhand posted:

Just up your difficulty until it feels challenging.

Yesterday it wouldn't let me (I could only lower it), but now I can. Maybe because I was already in-game yesterday.

Also it auto logged me in this time, somehow.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

You can change the difficulty setting even while in combat, so they disallowed raising it in game so you don't get a boss down to 5% and then raise it as high as you can

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
Has anyone made a build work using Broken Promises? If it were possible to get to 0 CHC I could see it working, but otherwise it seems too unreliable.

twice burned ice fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 28, 2017

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.

twice burned ice posted:

Has anyone made a build work using Broken Promises? If it were possible to get to 0 CHC I could see it working, but otherwise it seems too unreliable.

There was an Uliana build a few patches back that used it to great effect. You roll off crit on every piece (for other positive effects) in exchange for pretty insane burst damage on Seven Sided Strike/Exploding Palm. 5% base crit means any random three hits in a row is 85.7% likely to give you CHC steroids, which is about as reliable a proc as you can get.

Man I'm going to roll a monk again for S12 I guess...

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

mewse posted:

It's a rite of passage.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I appreciate that while set pieces are the letter of the law "Take this lovely item and break it" is the spirit

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

JohnnySavs posted:

There was an Uliana build a few patches back that used it to great effect. You roll off crit on every piece (for other positive effects) in exchange for pretty insane burst damage on Seven Sided Strike/Exploding Palm. 5% base crit means any random three hits in a row is 85.7% likely to give you CHC steroids, which is about as reliable a proc as you can get.

Man I'm going to roll a monk again for S12 I guess...

It's not really 85.7 because it counts AoE as a single hit for the consecutive hit count but separate hits for crit purposes. So an explosion that hits 5 guys has 5 chances to crit but only counts as 1 hit for your no-crit streak. So as monster density goes up you become less and less likely to proc the ring.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Died for the first time, because I followed a treasure goblin into a pack of elites. Shouldn't have gone down, but got a bit too cocksure.

Am I correct in assuming the damage comparison stat doesn't take into account skill specific item properties? Like an equipment boosting grenade damage. Because I changed my selected skills and the comparison numbers remained the same.

With how polished and well thought out everything about the game is (e.g., even minor things like when you right click an item to equip it, the previously equipped item will occupy the same slot in the inventory) I'm a bit surprised you can't control the movement of your character with the map overlay on. Unless that's intentional.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

You can uh, definitely still control your character with the map overlay.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The lmb moves the map for me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That should only happen if you're trying to click and drag for some reason. If you just point your cursor normally on the ground then your character will continue moving toward that spot.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Am I correct in assuming the damage comparison stat doesn't take into account skill specific item properties? Like an equipment boosting grenade damage. Because I changed my selected skills and the comparison numbers remained the same.

Yes, you are. If you click the Details button below those base numbers, you will see a detailed breakdown of all that information.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Item properties with the amber colored diamond next to them are not factored into character sheet calculations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

We must be approaching the end of the season soon.. seasons 7,8,9 were 70-71 days and today marks 70 days

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Toshimo posted:

Eujangdo

Im using fraility which kills everything at 15% life so the auto freeze at 20 isnt very good.

Why not use azurewrath which freezes 25% -of the time?

Also if I have a weapen which has IAS and cool down reduction should I be rolling the secondaries to 2.5% chance to something?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

There's going to be a final PTR 'buffs' patch today, and then a bit of tweaking and fixing before releasing it, so I'm guessing that they plan to keep it on PTR at least another two weeks. This could still let them give us the two week notice this week and get it out in time, but they might wait at least one more week for wiggle room with final bug fixes. Soon™!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

TheAbortionator posted:

Im using fraility which kills everything at 15% life so the auto freeze at 20 isnt very good.

Why not use azurewrath which freezes 25% -of the time?

Because Azurewrath can't roll Lightning damage.

In that case, just go TFury for the AS/MS debuffs.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Toshimo posted:

Because Azurewrath can't roll Lightning damage.

In that case, just go TFury for the AS/MS debuffs.

Ahhhhhhhhhh makes complete sense. Thanks

Using the templar at the moment.

Doing TF with a wyrdward, justice latern, ess, and freeze. (occy ring is incredible but lazy storm i find myself only using the ring if im unloading bone spirts, otherwise its just never where I need it to be.

I put the emphasize on Cool down reduction and attack speed and block chance. How usefull is area damage?

Since damage isnt important should be looking to pick up items with dex for the attack speed ?

I have a really good sultan which is on entrantress and all my items are mostly Intelligence, so I am leaning towards switching to that. Also the templar abilites are less usefull then enchantress and scoundrel.

-----

After trying this out I gotta say I went from dying about 10 times in GR70 to clearing it death free twice in a row in under 7.

Had no idea how much damage the Templar would suck up, and the extra CC is probably helping a ton with Krispins and getting hit less.

TheAbortionator fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 28, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I don't think sex increases Aspd.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

yeah just dodge, which is counterproductive to procing the block with freeze.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

mewse posted:

We must be approaching the end of the season soon.. seasons 7,8,9 were 70-71 days and today marks 70 days

No miniature ghost dragon pet for me, I guess.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I've been trying out a Rakoff's Glass of Life on my templar for my necro, wouldn't have thought about it until I found a primal one and looked at the text again but it helps paired with Reaper's Wraps assuming it works the same way the Occy ring does which I feel like it does anecdotally.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

great big cardboard tube posted:

I've been trying out a Rakoff's Glass of Life on my templar for my necro, wouldn't have thought about it until I found a primal one and looked at the text again but it helps paired with Reaper's Wraps assuming it works the same way the Occy ring does which I feel like it does anecdotally.

There's a 0% chance that Rakoff's will ever be better than Desire, even if it procs off assists, which I doubt.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Positioning doesn't matter much when your only aoe is area damage and you have a lot of other status effects being thrown around already and 30% essence is worth a good amount on a Singularity/Shadowhook/max essence build and I'm still clearing GR100 with it so while I won't say I'm not retarded I want to say the chance might be greater than 0%

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

great big cardboard tube posted:

Positioning doesn't matter much when your only aoe is area damage and you have a lot of other status effects being thrown around already and 30% essence is worth a good amount on a Singularity/Shadowhook/max essence build and I'm still clearing GR100 with it so while I won't say I'm not retarded I want to say the chance might be greater than 0%

What

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Ess no help much. 30% essence good. Me still smash GR100. Rathma/Jesseth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I SAID DESIRE NOT ESS, FRIEND.