Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Conservatives are human garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jurgan posted:

Well-known football players "Smith, Jones, and Vlastenec?" Are these supposed to be real people? I don't know football. It reads like Ramirez was trying to use generic names and couldn't think of a third one, because "Vlastenec" is pretty weird.

"Vlastenec" is Czech for "patriot."

eh, who knows.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Drunkboxer posted:

Is Branco actually published anywhere? Like does anyone outside of this thread see his scribblings?

Not sure if anyone publishes him per se, but he gets plenty of traction on Facebook. Ted Cruz has tweeted several of his cartoons, and somebody decided to place him alongside Pope and Bors as one of the 10 best cartoonists in the world.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

This is a real thing that's happening and it is loving terrifying me. My wife is a green card recipient.

:same: :smith:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

In the land of Alabama, where the Shadow lies...

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Snakeoil still exists!

Jerm is back!

The pot is a blameless vessel, wouldn't "HATE" be the flame amperage or the knob?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

D.N. Nation posted:

Thing? No, thing!

It follows the same convention of the dumb trope but at least "guy in another room asks about what he hears on TV" is more believable than the usual "guy staring straight at TV asks about what he's obviously been watching"

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Saint Sputnik posted:

"guy staring straight at TV asks about what he's obviously been watching"
Political cartoonists are just giving a voice to Americans with anterograde amnesia, thank you very much.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Post 9-11 User posted:

The pot is a blameless vessel, wouldn't "HATE" be the flame amperage or the knob?

I see, so the frogs were happily stewing in hatred until the ANC ruined everything by boiling the water within the hatred which... uh... hmm.

Man there are a lot of bad visual metaphors this page.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Post 9-11 User posted:

Snakeoil still exists!

Jerm is back!

Feeling pretty jermaphobic right now.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Lord Hydronium posted:

Political cartoonists are just giving a voice to Americans with anterograde amnesia, thank you very much.

I blank out at this poo poo myself, I have to say that's the most realistic poo poo.

I read a comic, then I go "what" and can't believe what I just saw.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I hate this poo poo. No one's died for your right "to stand".

Ever.

Ever ever.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Somehow the most :wow: one yet.

Yes, it's the flag Iraqi/Afghani insurgents were fighting against.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Also, nobody died because they were fighting someone who was an enemy of cloth. They died for the pinciples the flag represents, and not the flag itself.

Stuff like this makes me wonder whether they're going to successfully spin this as an "attack against are flag".

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Bok can go die in a fire.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Stuff like this makes me wonder whether they're going to successfully spin this as an "attack against are flag".

They definitely already have.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Has summers ever seen an amputee in his life?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Didn't use Dying for Bush's Oil Profits. -20

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

That pink hat.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

lol at a Trump supporter asking for a return to normalcy

If the Donald J Trump administration represents the new normal, then loving kill me

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

:psyboom:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

what?

no seriously, what?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Why even bother having a thread for the worst cartoons when we get poo poo like this on the reg

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

cheetah7071 posted:

what?

no seriously, what?

Footballers dumb.

Footballers protest dumb.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Are they all required to do this exact toon or something?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Lurdiak posted:

They definitely already have.

"Successfully" being the operative word. Sure, the party faithful have been eating it up, but the protests have been spreading and the talking points haven't kept up well.

"Dissent=treason" is still going strong but we're seeing actual disabled veterans saying "gently caress you asswipe, don't put words in my mouth. I'm with Kaepernick on this."

"I'm a huge baby and I'll throw a tantrum if you don't shut up" seems to be the new talking point, but that's pretty clearly a non-starter. Bok seems to be trying out "Haha retard! Go get more brain damage, idiot," which is so pointlessly mean that I have a hard time seeing that get traction among anyone who isn't a monster.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why does the kneeling make conservatives so incredibly mad? It's like the most passive form of protest possible.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

are you loving kidding me

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

SirSamVimes posted:

Why does the kneeling make conservatives so incredibly mad? It's like the most passive form of protest possible.

Black people making their voices heard always makes conservatives hopping mad

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

SirSamVimes posted:

It looks a bit too much like:

Which probably makes them a bit uncomfortable.

^^^^
Or maybe just that.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
SCIENTIST ADMIT
MODELS WRONG

jeez Dr. Admit why weren't you better trained to walk down a runway

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I hate this poo poo. No one's died for your right "to stand".

Ever.

Ever ever.

Tell that to the Facebook comments section.
To hear them tell it, the privilege of "Standing for the flag and honoring ARE TROOPS!" is the exact reason they fought.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tarezax posted:

Black people making their voices heard always makes conservatives hopping mad

Also, they're invading football, the true religion of rural America.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

These soldiers gave all for your rights, you better not actually use them!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Remember when soldiers gave black people the right to vote in 1965

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I haven't kept up with the actual news, so like...was this kneeling protest thing actually at a veterans' event or something? Cause I am not following how the flag = the troops otherwise. It's a symbol of America, not just the military.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Sagebrush posted:

I haven't kept up with the actual news, so like...was this kneeling protest thing actually at a veterans' event or something? Cause I am not following how the flag = the troops otherwise. It's a symbol of America, not just the military.

No. It's just during the playing of the national anthem at the opening of a football game.

Literally one of the tamest things they could possibly do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

someone post the Bors

• Locked thread