Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
He's going to get a lot of tail with that kind of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

He is one of the only guys who is routinely good-mannered during matches, and doesn't ever really play [Obviously Broken Character of the Current Patch], so it was nice for example to see him (and some other people) winning by some other means than maining BALANCED ADAM, GUIDO OF LIGHTNING.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lmao yeah he only plays known lovely characters Red Hood and Deadshot instead.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

He won a pro tour event with Captain Cold, a character that had been widely considered a joke and that no one else played. He has also busted out a Black Canary in top 8s

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Nobody good at this game thought Cold was a joke.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

He also brought out Scarecrow at a time when everyone thought he was a fun but awkward character, busting out "nobody good at the game thought <thing that you can definitely Monday morning quarterback into being correct>" does not make you right or smart.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm right though. The only people who thought he was a bad character are the people who memed about him being a "bad Sub-Zero."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is Injustice 2 really considered a legitimately good and interesting esports title? How many big name fighting game players are in the esports scene for this game? It's hard to say if a character is really that good if the pool of talent is small. I have no idea if it is or not.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

He won a pro tour event with Captain Cold, a character that had been widely considered a joke and that no one else played. He has also busted out a Black Canary in top 8s

That pro tour event Captain Cold was explicitly after the patch that massively buffed Cold and everyone he was fighting was playing characters that suck against cold. Canary is legit though. But claiming Sonicfox plays low tier is kind of a stretch, considering everything he played in MKX and Injustice 2.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

I said come in! posted:

Is Injustice 2 really considered a legitimately good and interesting esports title? How many big name fighting game players are in the esports scene for this game? It's hard to say if a character is really that good if the pool of talent is small. I have no idea if it is or not.

Big-name players don't play NRS games but the people who do have enough skill, or at least enough game-specific knowledge, to keep talented opportunists from sleepwalking their way through NRS tournaments for the money.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

DatonKallandor posted:

That pro tour event Captain Cold was explicitly after the patch that massively buffed Cold and everyone he was fighting was playing characters that suck against cold. Canary is legit though. But claiming Sonicfox plays low tier is kind of a stretch, considering everything he played in MKX and Injustice 2.

What patch buffed Cold?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
The big one. The one that really kicked Aquaman straight in the junk.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/71uqkq/having_difficulties_sacrificing_250_epic_gears_in/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao amazing. Legendary gear is cool but obtaining it is beyond stupid.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
I saw a shader verse and got excited. Got a joker shader.....

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

I said come in! posted:

lmao amazing. Legendary gear is cool but obtaining it is beyond stupid.

ppl like to just throw around the word "legendary" a lot, but this gear rlly is the stuff of fighting game forum legend

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

New patch features new Legendary Multiverses and 2 new purchasable skins per non-DLC fighter

Also adds Raiden's name to the roster.

:eng101:

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Apparently somebody hosed up. Raiden is available for use on Xbone as of today

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have been away from this game for a few months, are any of the PS4 guilds still kicking?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

opioid agonist posted:

Apparently somebody hosed up. Raiden is available for use on Xbone as of today

I don't see him in my available downloads :(

Oberst
May 24, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have been away from this game for a few months, are any of the PS4 guilds still kicking?

There's still people playing koh but our guild multiverse record is abysmal

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Lmao the patch reset all my god/devil/premier skins

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Oberst posted:

Lmao the patch reset all my god/devil/premier skins

Check your gear and shaders. Today's patch made most ppl lose lots of things, myself included. 3 of my characters have 0 gear now

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah I'm not touching it until that gets fixed

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

hup posted:

Yeah I'm not touching it until that gets fixed

:what:

I knew about it, but when I restarted my ps4 it updated automatically. Unplug your ethernet cable just to be sure

Oberst
May 24, 2010

It didn't do anything to my gear or shaders. It just set any god/demon/premier to the default

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

That happens to me every night. Those 4 shaders have never stopped flashing for more than 24 hours. Since launch.

Def makes me sneer at god and demon shaders on the reg

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Goon Squad is still accepting members but yea Guild Multiverse is bleh. Maybe Opioid can tell us if the higher level of guild multiverse are worth it!

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

It's only worth it if you're going after Legendary gear. The Gear Drop Rarity buff you get from a hard working, organized guild will make the 0/250 rare or epic gear sacrifice requirement a realistic thing.

Having said that, if I don't earn 500 guild points daily, my guild will kick me out immediately. They made that very clear.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

opioid agonist posted:

That happens to me every night. Those 4 shaders have never stopped flashing for more than 24 hours. Since launch.

Def makes me sneer at god and demon shaders on the reg

I refuse to use those shaders.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I said come in! posted:

I refuse to use those shaders.

The Demon ones are cool.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

hey so premium skins can't drop from boxes, right? thinking about dropping my first 6k crystals on bizzaro

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Brother Entropy posted:

hey so premium skins can't drop from boxes, right? thinking about dropping my first 6k crystals on bizzaro

Correct

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Oh poo poo now the sacrifice for legendary multiverse is "rare or better"!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Grem posted:

Oh poo poo now the sacrifice for legendary multiverse is "rare or better"!

Rare gear?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I actually have a full inventory of all atrocious epics but now I can sell the dupes and just trash rares :devil:

Have they fixed the gear glitch yet? I'm scared to play :ohdear:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Guilty gear

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

Rare gear?

Yup, you can sacrifice epic or rare, much easier.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I haven't checked if any of my poo poo got erased or not, haven't booted up the game in last 2 weeks but the system did autodownload both patches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

I haven't checked if any of my poo poo got erased or not, haven't booted up the game in last 2 weeks but the system did autodownload both patches.

fwiw it looked like my gear got deleted with the last patch but I hosed with another page for a minute (the motherbox tab i think)then went back and everything was there

so don't immediately freak if your stuff looks gone

• Locked thread