Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

And you didn't because?

It won't stay up.

The roof. The roof won't stay up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Eh, it's been over 3 years, I don't see any particular reason to change that now

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

DICK DICER posted:

Eh, it's been over 3 years, I don't see any particular reason to change that now

Yeah once you pop that cork it won't go back in without some work either.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

DICK DICER posted:

Every flat so far has been due to a different, located and corrected puncture

At the risk of beating a very dead horse- are you clocking the tire to the rim when you put it back on? Lining up the label to the valve isn't just an OCD thing; it makes it easier- only two areas to check- to find a burr in the tire if you have a flat.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

glyph posted:

At the risk of beating a very dead horse- are you clocking the tire to the rim when you put it back on? Lining up the label to the valve isn't just an OCD thing; it makes it easier- only two areas to check- to find a burr in the tire if you have a flat.

I've been trying to reinstall it 90* off for aesthetic reasons :v:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

DICK DICER posted:

700x40 was the size I was looking for originally, I just looked them up and I think those would be way way better tan the 42s offered before

Mine are schwalbe marathons though, so like flats are done.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

I could have easily gone home with a lady from the bar lol

You have to accept what is offered

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

nm posted:

Mine are schwalbe marathons though, so like flats are done.

I have an honest gut feeling that 40 is about the max I can squeeze in, I know a 42 isn't much different and if dude doesn't find the other ones I can give them a shot, but I do know somewhere there's got to be an upper limit of what fits

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

DICK DICER posted:

I have an honest gut feeling that 40 is about the max I can squeeze in, I know a 42 isn't much different and if dude doesn't find the other ones I can give them a shot, but I do know somewhere there's got to be an upper limit of what fits

Get the 40s and see if they fit. If you still get flats and have a few mm on eitger side, let me know. Mine are confusing listed as both 700x40, but also 622-42. Note that tgose two numbers are supposed to measure the same thing and they're kinda wide and have a tread, so I go with the 42 measurement.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

There are waffle houses in Amarillo and a Huddle House in Lubbock in a former Waffle House building. There are a few in Albuquerque as well. I didn't bother looking further west, but it's a safe assumption there are waffle houses in California as well.

And Happy State Bank is based out of Happy, TX and there are branches all over the panhandle. If you worked for a Pizza hut in the Midland/Odessa area, it's likely that it's a part of a group of franchises owned by someone in the panhandle, and likely the same people that own most of the PH franchises in west tx.

I bank with HSB, they're good. And I also make the Waffle House on I-27 & Hollywood Rd. a regular stop. :v: I still miss Dave's in Clovis, though, they were the best.

All the Pizza Huts north of Plainview that aren't in Amarillo are owned by a company out of Indiana, though (:suicide:). Amarillo and Plainview and south are owned by another franchise based in either Lubbock or Odessa.

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009
Can you fill the tires with builder's foam or some such? Just stuff them full of grass, as I read in a book about cycling 20 years ago (which remains the only thing I know about cycling)?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Red_October_7000 posted:

Can you fill the tires with builder's foam or some such? Just stuff them full of grass, as I read in a book about cycling 20 years ago (which remains the only thing I know about cycling)?

No.

Dick, are your valve cores removable? If so you can put some tubeless tire sealant in them. Works really well.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Mr. Nice! posted:

And Happy State Bank is based out of Happy, TX and there are branches all over the panhandle. If you worked for a Pizza hut in the Midland/Odessa area, it's likely that it's a part of a group of franchises owned by someone in the panhandle, and likely the same people that own most of the PH franchises in west tx.

They own Taco Bell and Pizza Hut in Midland/Odessa; here in DFW they only own Pizza Hut in three suburbs (Frisco, Allen, and McKinney, AFAIK), but they have their HQ here I believe (also have offices in Odessa, and may own locations in Amarillo?). I worked for locations in Frisco and Allen.

The franchisee operates as Tumbleweed Pizza Partners in some areas, and Progressive Pizza Partners in others (supposedly PPP here, but my checks usually said Tumbleweed). They also do Taco Bell and a couple of different BBQ places (I just learned they're handling franchising for a BBQ place I like :smith:). The owner lives here, and used to work for Pizza Hut corporate before buying his own stores.

I'm not sure how many stores he really has, since he has them spread out into different LPs depending on area and brand, and he's a fairly tight lipped guy about money and what he owns. He was always kind of a dick when I met him.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

DICK DICER posted:

For what it's worth, my boy's Grater with 37mm Marathons has at least 5mm of clearance to the nearest chainstay, I think 42's would fit on it.

He has Marathon Pluses which are approaching 7,000km with no punctures and the rear is finally starting to square off because he never rotates them. They're heavy and don't grip or roll worth poo poo but are perfect for cycling in the blasted hellscape that is Reading Valentine.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You should have went home with the future Mrs. Dick, moved in, moved the truck and camper, and been on you way to mayor. Instead we get 30 posts about tires. This Let's Play is boring.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

ExplodingSims posted:

Also Pro-tip for lovely diners: DO EAT AT DENNYS. They are the loving worst.

We had their contract for a bit and had to service all their refrigeration poo poo. Good god those places are disgusting.

Once, during a hungover road trip back from Minneapolis, we stopped by the Denny's in Clear Lake Iowa.

The three of us were in Deep Hurting after a weekend of getting absolutely piss-drunk and playing paintball, so we all ordered breakfast. We got 3 servings of grits. One was a rock hard lump roughly the temperature of the sun. One was warmish soup. And one was the proper consistency, but ice loving cold. We, being reasonable human beings, sent them back. The waitress returns a few minutes later looking nervous, and tells us the manager is cooking, and I quote: "He says they only come that way."

My buddy, being more lucid than I am at this point , eyes the grits, then the waitress, then asks, "Which one of these is that loving way, then?"

We never did get an answer, but the consensus on leaving is that we needed to firebomb that loving Denny's for the good of the world.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I still have the tires. PM me the address and I will stick them in a flat rate box today.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Liquid Communism posted:

Once, during a hungover road trip back from Minneapolis, we stopped by the Denny's in Clear Lake Iowa.

The three of us were in Deep Hurting after a weekend of getting absolutely piss-drunk and playing paintball, so we all ordered breakfast. We got 3 servings of grits. One was a rock hard lump roughly the temperature of the sun. One was warmish soup. And one was the proper consistency, but ice loving cold. We, being reasonable human beings, sent them back. The waitress returns a few minutes later looking nervous, and tells us the manager is cooking, and I quote: "He says they only come that way."

My buddy, being more lucid than I am at this point , eyes the grits, then the waitress, then asks, "Which one of these is that loving way, then?"

We never did get an answer, but the consensus on leaving is that we needed to firebomb that loving Denny's for the good of the world.

I used to live in a rural area that was so far from anything that going to a Denny's in the nearest small town was like a trip to Manhattan. Fortunately there was a kickass local place nearby too.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Hypnolobster posted:

You all need to find Jesus/Ohio, because there are IHOPs and Waffle Houses all over the place up here.

We too have found how to live in prosperity:

tl;dr welcome to breakfast in suburbia

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Elephanthead posted:

You should have went home with the future Mrs. Dick, moved in, moved the truck and camper, and been on you way to mayor. Instead we get 30 posts about tires. This Let's Play is boring.

Yeah but now I've got everything I need so today is actually a Work Day, I finally even have coffee

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

nm posted:

No.

Dick, are your valve cores removable? If so you can put some tubeless tire sealant in them. Works really well.

Lmao no I have a full bottle of that poo poo I was unable to force in

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

DICK DICER posted:

Yeah but now I've got everything I need so today is actually a Work Day, I finally even have coffee

Coffee and cigarettes cure many ills.

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

How's it the kiss of death, if I have no lips?
College Slice

DICK DICER posted:

I should make a note to buy roll pins too,

Bane of my loving existance for an entire summer was a bitch pin on an EM1 I was working on, stupid roll pin into the shift linkage REFUSED to budge while under the car, get the piece of poo poo entire transmission out, hit it twice with a punch and sledge and it ricochets off my concrete never to be found again.
I nearly sold the car then out of anger and fury.

Also, obligatory my favorite greasy spoon close to home.

http://www.tommysdiner.com/

kzersatz fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Sep 28, 2017

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

There are waffle houses in Amarillo and a Huddle House in Lubbock in a former Waffle House building. There are a few in Albuquerque as well. I didn't bother looking further west, but it's a safe assumption there are waffle houses in California as well.

There are two here in Albuquerque. To my shame I've never gone. There are no Waffle houses in California, although there are some in Arizona.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh many bay area goons know of Alice's by hypercar reputation, but if you havent go loving track down the Red Apple in Aptos or Santa Cruz or something like that, I have fitful dreams about going back there it's so good

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Pham Nuwen posted:

There are two here in Albuquerque. To my shame I've never gone. There are no Waffle houses in California, although there are some in Arizona.

I don't know about the waffle houses, but the Standard Diner in Albuquerque was pretty good when I was last out that way.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Live streaming of the whammy bar replacement to continue in 5 to 10 minutes

EvilPsych
Jul 19, 2004
Ask me about my 'LiveJournal' :rollseyes:
Berryman's at the tractor shop is great stuff. I can't stand slime. Might get them to pour some in next time you flat

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Tires sent. Tracking is USPS 9505512583577271057525. Hopefully they work for you, if not feel free to discard.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

DICK DICER posted:

Live streaming of the whammy bar replacement to continue in 5 to 10 minutes

Now walk into town

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

My Man Shran posted:

Now walk into town

The walkin' dude comes to Valentine

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOZe8Ubfa3w

Death metal guy decides to be a country/western singer: the 14 INCH DICK story

Edit: I realize Mr. Nergal isn't really a death metal man but Behemoth sure as gently caress isn't trve/kvlt either.

Rudeboy Detective fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 28, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
For fucks sake after buying all the poo poo for my bike yesterday I don't have enough left over for cigarettes

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You are on a reservation you can't get tax free smokes?

Unclean
Jun 28, 2002

My Man Shran posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOZe8Ubfa3w

Death metal guy decides to be a country/western singer: the 14 INCH DICK story

Edit: I realize Mr. Nergal isn't really a death metal man but Behemoth sure as gently caress isn't trve/kvlt either.

I keep forgetting to check that out. Ever hear Aeon going country? Great for sing alongs at parties!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2E6RGcCK3Xk

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Unclean posted:

I keep forgetting to check that out. Ever hear Aeon going country? Great for sing alongs at parties!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2E6RGcCK3Xk

That's pretty amazing.

Country music isn't my thing, but it's better than all those European artists who retired from metal into neofolk, a genre for nazis by nazis (and at least one unironic anarchist).

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I don't know about the waffle houses, but the Standard Diner in Albuquerque was pretty good when I was last out that way.

Yeah but that's like a totally different category from Waffle House.

I've been meaning to try the diner on Central they kept using in Breaking Bad, it looks like just the right level of slightly run down that the food could be both cheap and good.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sounds and looks like a half assed attempt at a Johnny Cash rip off to me, is this what the kids are into these days?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Elephanthead posted:

You are on a reservation you can't get tax free smokes?

Technically Rosebud is in South Dakota

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
3/4 corners completed. Shot an e clip and flanged nut/washer down into a column never to be seen again.

• Locked thread