Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Fun Times! posted:

How do you play Picross

With your heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fun Times! posted:

How do you play Picross

A 2D grid of squares with numbers at the end of each row and column. The numbers represent how many squares need to be filled horizontally (rows) and vertically (columns.) Only the proper squares are allowed to be filled in, and filling an incorrect square penalizes your time exponentially. The final square reveals a pixel art picture you just drew.

Picross 3D is this but in 3D.

I'll probably pick Picross S up, since $8 is pretty cheap, but it won't have touch controls and that's a huge bummer. I couldn't get into playing without the stylus in the 3DS games, felt too busy.

enojy fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Sep 28, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sensual Simian posted:

Okay, what the hell is the huge appeal with Picross S? Its just Sudoku/Minesweeper? Are ya'll serious?

It's neither of those things you doof
It's a puzzle game where you use the numbers in each row / column to draw a picture

It's fun and it owns

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Sounds like the worksheets I had to do in elementary school!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fun Times! posted:

Sounds like the worksheets I had to do in elementary school!

It sounds like you had a cool elementary school, I never got any nonogram puzzles

If you want to see what it's like, there are a shitload of free ones on mobile app stores. And if you have a 3ds there's a free to play Pokemon themed one on there.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Picross 3D Round 2 is the greatest game ever created

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Fun Times! posted:

How do you play Picross

with a solver

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

HyperPuma posted:

i just saw that the lovely mario arcade game is 8 bucks lmao

yikes

Yikes nothing. I'm way into finally having a way to legit play the actual arcade version.
Arcade Archives are all the same price regardless of era on PS4, right?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

raditts posted:

If you want to see what it’s like, there are a shitload of free ones on mobile app stores. And if you have a 3ds there’s a free to play Pokemon themed one on there.

I highly recommend Pokémon Picross as a free example, I have yet to find a smartphone picross game I actually liked.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Golf Story reviews are out.

It's Good.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-28-golf-story-review

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yikes nothing. I'm way into finally having a way to legit play the actual arcade version.
Arcade Archives are all the same price regardless of era on PS4, right?

Yeah pretty much, I think some of the more popular Neo Geo games are maybe a couple of bucks more.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

My faith never wavered, my conviction strong.

They reward me.

And now, for one final and heartfelt...

Golf Story when

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lelandjs posted:

I highly recommend Pokémon Picross as a free example, I have yet to find a smartphone picross game I actually liked.

I refuse to play picross without a dpad and buttons

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Yo it's the 28th where the heck is golf story

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Andrast posted:

I refuse to play picross without a dpad and buttons

Yeah, that's part of the reason I dislike mobile picross games. There was an Android one that had a virtual dpad and buttons that was pretty good, but nothing beats the real thing.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Hungry Cat Picross doesn't play exactly like regular picross but it is the best version of the game I have found on Android.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

That's a loving pro subhead.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Burning Fight | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Astro Bears Party | NA | PAL | $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99 (eShop Only)
Binaries | NA | PAL | $12.99 / £9.99 / €11.99 (eShop Only)
Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch's Story: COMBAT | NA | PAL | $8.99 / £8.09 / €8.99 (eShop Only)
Butcher | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (eShop Only)
Conga Master Party! | NA | PAL | $9.95 / £7.99 / €8.99 (eShop Only)
Deemo | NA | PAL | $29.99 / £26.99 / €29.99 (eShop Only)
FIFA 18 | NA | PAL | $59.99 / £54.99 / €59.99 (eShop / Retail) (Sept 29)
Golf Story | NA | PAL | $14.99 / £ ? / € ? (eShop Only)
Inversus Deluxe | NA | PAL | $14.99 / £10.99 / €11.99 (eShop Only)
One Piece Unlimited World Red Deluxe Edition | NA | PAL | $39.99 / £ ? / € ? (eShop / Retail) (Sept 29 NA / ? PAL)
Pankapu | NA | PAL | $11.99 / £ ? / € ? (eShop Only)
Physical Contact: Picture Place | NA | PAL | $4.99 / £ ? / € ? (eShop Only)
Picross S | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £7.19 / €7.99 (eShop Only)
Sparkle 2 | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £ ? / € ? (eShop Only)
Tower of Babel | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £ ? / € ? (eShop Only)

There seems to be loads of stuff on Switch this week. FIFA 18 is missing a few modes from PS4/Xbone versions, but has apparently been built from scratch for the Switch. It supports split joycon play and includes Ultimate Team, Career Mode, local Seasons, Online Seasons, Kick Off, "and more". 1080p docked, 720p in handheld/tabletop.

Golf Story is, basically, a golfing RPG. It could be GOAT or it could be trash. WHO KNOWS?!

Picross S is by Jupiter, who made the Picross-e series for 3DS. They're good games, Brett. If you don't know what Picross is, it's a little bit like Sudoku I guess, except you're filling in squares to make a particular shape. It's pretty chill and fun, and can get quite addicting.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Wasn't Golf Story the game Bart tried to shoplift?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Lube Enthusiast posted:

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Bonestorm

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lube Enthusiast posted:

b-b-b-b-bonestorm

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
There are now so many games coming out for the Switch I don't even know what half of them are.

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006
Golfstory is available in AU store as are all the other games being released today

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Physical contact when....?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

poo poo my bad I was thinking of the copy of Lee Corvello's Putting Challenge he gets at the end of the ep

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Guys I want to keep playing Splatoon but other good games are coming out help

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Golf story is also available in the EU store now

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dizz posted:

with a solver

Ban this criminal tia

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

If you are part of BB GCU you can get the new Mario game for 47.99 they are also giving a $10 rewards cert on top of that so pretty much you can get the game for like $37 bucks.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bill Barber posted:

Yeah, that's why 90% of this thread is people repeating "game when???" over and over again.

It's because we can't play our Switches at work.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If I could get a nod to hand out probations for contentless "_____ WHEN?" posts I would. It's annoying, repetitive, and stopped being funny about the third time it was done.

But that's not really my call and they probably don't want to have to police a single thread that much.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

MarcusSA posted:

If you are part of BB GCU you can get the new Mario game for 47.99 they are also giving a $10 rewards cert on top of that so pretty much you can get the game for like $37 bucks.

And a free commemorative coin for preordering! MSRP: $0.00001

Also whoever said Golf Story would be up at 9:00 EST lies and now I have to get back to work with no sneak peek at Earthbound Golf.

enojy fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 28, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

GOLF STORY NOW

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

yeah the 'x when' posts need to go. It's just white noise.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
lmao at the massive weenies not wanting to play fun and good games like Picross and i guess Golf Story going by early reviews. These are the exact kind of games i want to round out a Nintendo system library.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Picross is definitely my favorite puzzle and it's a crime there isn't one printed in the paper every day and books full of nonograms in the game section at book stores.

There's a couple crappy Android games, the good Jupiter games, and a few decent picross ones by third parties.
Super Hanjie is a v. good nonograms periodical. Only sold in whsmiths but you can get it online. Theres a half sized non super version if you cant hack 30x45 grids.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neat. My only disappointment with S is they didn't use the higher resolution screen to throw in some bigger grids.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Was there ever some kind of fix for that issue where some people were having their joy-cons not connect properly? I remember hearing a lot about it early on, and feel like it kind of vanished 2-3 weeks later... but I never heard anyone mention it had been fixed.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

MaxDuo posted:

Was there ever some kind of fix for that issue where some people were having their joy-cons not connect properly? I remember hearing a lot about it early on, and feel like it kind of vanished 2-3 weeks later... but I never heard anyone mention it had been fixed.

Nintendo fixes them when you send them in and they had already fixed the issue during early production, it seems, as it didn't affect everybody and does seem to have dwindled away even as way more folks have gotten systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Someone who got Picross S please tell how the game feels. It's super natural with a stylus on the 3ds, does it feel jilted using finger-touch/button controls?

Also, are the music/theme options decent? I love Picross 3d Round 2 but I got so sick of some of those tracks.

• Locked thread