Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I know what will destroy Bernie

he has stubby fingers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Frijolero posted:

Can't wait for Tulsi to use her dark Hindu magic to kill all Muslims on earth, because I'm a racist leftist lol Awooo!

sir

i disagree

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

One of the things I've learned in the last couple years is that "competence" as an abstract concept doesn't matter nearly as much to a campaign as the commentariat seems to think.

It was the main thing HRC had going for her -- she was seasoned, she was serious, serious people took her seriously, etc. She generated such an aura of competence that a lot of people didn't even care what she wanted to do with it. I heard so many Clinton supporters compare the election to a job interview attempting to find the most "qualified" candidate it was ridiculous.

But once you get outside the primary, which those same people tried super hard to remove policy and ideology from entirely, people care less about how qualified you are to do whatever you want and more about whether the things you want will benefit them. It's not a job interview. We can't count on them to act as we want, like a prospective employee, because the president's orders will not come from us. Otherwise political parties would be completely irrelevant.

Clinton wasn't actually competent at leadership though and the only people who thought she had that aura were people in her cult of personality. Clinton is really, really good at creating personal power networks in an organization. That's what she excels at. She's very competent at trading favors.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Clinton wasn't actually competent at leadership though and the only people who thought she had that aura were people in her cult of personality. Clinton is really, really good at creating personal power networks in an organization. That's what she excels at. She's very competent at trading favors.

I enjoyed your hit book "Clinton Cash"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

https://twitter.com/NaveedAJamali/status/913408256474624000

shallow optics is all these fuckin' grifters care about

They've all fully internalized the logic of bourgeois affectation. They don't get that sharp, pressed suits worn by politicians are a sign that they're out to gently caress you.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

joy is a really good photographer

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

E Honda would have won

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Nanomachines, Son

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bernie dresses like someone who goes outside and moves around. Can't say that instills confidence.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dear Insufferable Spite Woman,

you got it through the USPS hth

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

im impressed by bernie's huge and powerfull hand

a presidential hand

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/913426492348014592

lol

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thoguh posted:

Eight years of Bill, eight years of Hill. :abuela:

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

lol this owns

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Jesus bleating Christ

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ahaha

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hillary clinton, noted shill for NBC programming and the kingdom of saudi arabia, an ancient monarchy that beheads women and legalized rape. yyyaAAAaaaassss

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
IMPEACH!

https://twitter.com/byrdinator/status/913443865910300672

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/849276093932732417
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/884770144765059073

:barf:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

zegermans posted:

Sexism is more insidious and subsurface than racism. We're just now getting around to having words like b---- and c--- being absolute no-go words, while n------ has been at that point for decades. Hell, Antonin Scalia didn't even think the 14th amendment applied to women. For every person that has extremely not racist opinions about affirmative action you'll fine two that have the same type of very serious opinions about feminism.

your post reminded me of these 2008 obama voters (nsfw)

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Democracy was a mistake

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Willa Rogers posted:

not to mention his campaign staff turned white house staff turned podcast hosts

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

yes, Sarah Palin endured some pretty lovely sexism that would have been a much bigger deal if it were racial slurs instead.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
america is a grift economy. i'm so close to sitting down and writing a loving book about this

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

Are these the pod save america people

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zegermans posted:

Are these the pod save america people

yes

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Willa Rogers posted:

where's the lie

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

hillary clinton, noted shill for NBC programming and the kingdom of saudi arabia, an ancient monarchy that beheads women and legalized rape. yyyaAAAaaaassss

HRC is Human Rights Campaign

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

deadgoon posted:

where's the lie

mords??

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

Pod Glass America

jesus

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is still happening:
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/913226799647268864

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
everyone who opposed hillary is an agent of putin

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
worth pointing out that nobody at politico actually saw any of these facebook ads and they were not published in the story, they were "described to" the reporters by "federal government officials"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

start your siege engines!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Joementum posted:

worth pointing out that nobody at politico actually saw any of these facebook ads and they were not published in the story, they were "described to" the reporters by "federal government officials"

sources say

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Taintrunner posted:

america is a grift economy. i'm so close to sitting down and writing a loving book about this

h*eck ya sell out~

speak to your brand persona, your heart will reach millions of consumerists as long as you speak in brand speak

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
me, stupid, a child: maybe we shouldn't trust the Trump administration that Russia is behind BLM

you, wise beyond belief: the CIA would never lie

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Willa Rogers posted:

Obama Boys!!!!

*Shakes Fist*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Taintrunner posted:

everyone who opposed hillary is an agent of putin

extremely Putinishly:] Ah but Hillary has been subversive and engaged in the very act of opposing herself as well, therefore she is an agent of Putin as well, singlehandedly giving the election to Donald Trump out of avoidable oversights. Hubris seems quite a convenient spin, da?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm starting to think that Russia actually did something really clever. (I consider this marginally more likely than the supposed American Deep State doing something really clever.)

A few rumors here, a few transparent failed 'hacking' attempts there, a few twitterbots and facebook ads over here, and suddenly everyone is accusing everyone else of having been subverted by the Russian Cybermenace and they didn't actually have to do anything much at all.

They done Monsters On Maple Streeted us.

• Locked thread