Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
its more so for the second duty, which for pubbies have a hard time with because it requires advanced skills like "not standing in the bad" and "reading the name of the enemies spell"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

homeless snail posted:

There's some nice looking PvP exclusive gear, especially from the limited time PvP event that's probably gonna end before too long, but nah. You're never forced to do it, and PvE levels don't matter, it is its own thing. So do it whenever you feel like it (but look at the Garou gear at some point and decide if you want to grind for it before it goes away, just takes a couple matches to get a full set)

Cool, thanks. The pictures on the wiki do make some of those armor sets look pretty neat. You get PvP currency win or lose right?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Automated Posting posted:

Cool, thanks. The pictures on the wiki do make some of those armor sets look pretty neat. You get PvP currency win or lose right?

Yup, 500 for a win, 250 for a loss in unranked. Not sure if it's the same for other modes.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Yeah, it's pretty painless but bot infested. 3-4min queues with 12-15min matches

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Wiping repeatedly is part of the Last Trial Experience, and if you go in with a group that already knows it you're missing out.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

homeless snail posted:

There's some nice looking PvP exclusive gear, especially from the limited time PvP event that's probably gonna end before too long, but nah. You're never forced to do it, and PvE levels don't matter, it is its own thing. So do it whenever you feel like it (but look at the Garou gear at some point and decide if you want to grind for it before it goes away, just takes a couple matches to get a full set)

I'd say about 1/3rd of the Makai poo poo looked good. The rest looked like hot garbage.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

jalapeno_dude posted:

Wiping repeatedly is part of the Last Trial Experience, and if you go in with a group that already knows it you're missing out.

The best part of the fight (sudden TPK at the 30 second mark) is sadly pretty rare now unless you manage to find a mostly newbie party.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Hey, got my MCH up to level 64 tonight in between leveling my DRK (69, just one more to go!) and fiddling with my character at the aesthetician, and unlocked all these neat Heated Shots. Should I still be trying to pop into Overheat for Wildfire, or should I aim to stay in the 50-95 heat range so I don't have to build back up to the danger zone? And for that matter, will that change once I unlock Barrel Stabilizer at level 66? The various heated shot animations are really over the top and awesome; they also make me glad that I opted for shorts instead of a skirt on my glamour set.

Did I mention that Duskwights are really photogenic once you get a feel for what cosmetic colors and dyes work well?

BANG BANG BABY

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Once you get Barrel Stabilizer you want to do your best to overheat into every Wildfire that you can. Stabilizer is the bit that really makes the MCH rotation flow correctly.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

You also get a daily 1000 pvp marks from running the pvp roulette.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Basically it's super easy to farm up a PVP set if you really want one, and you get some tomestones or XP for the effort too.

Just be sure to hit the wolves' den and get used to your class' PVP skills first though.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'd give up on the limited time Garo pvp armor with a vague experation date. You'll need both the game and the expansion pack to equip the level 60 armor and rushing through the game for that is not worth it.

If it is important though you can buy non dyable versions at the Golden Saucer if something looks really cool. At level 50 you'll get acess to the glamor system where you can wear what you want to wear

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Asimo posted:

Basically it's super easy to farm up a PVP set if you really want one, and you get some tomestones or XP for the effort too.

Just be sure to hit the wolves' den and get used to your class' PVP skills first though.

Corollary to this: set your additional PVP actions!!! This is how you do things like sprint or get MP back in PVP

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'd give up on the limited time Garo pvp armor with a vague experation date. You'll need both the game and the expansion pack to equip the level 60 armor and rushing through the game for that is not worth it.

If it is important though you can buy non dyable versions at the Golden Saucer if something looks really cool. At level 50 you'll get acess to the glamor system where you can wear what you want to wear

I'm pretty sure you can still buy the Garo sets, even if you can't equip them, so they'll just take up retainer/armoury space until then. You need to be able to equip the set to get a title from the Disreputable Priest, in order to be able to earn the mounts through endless suffering, but if you just like the gear, you may as well buy it. The non-dyeable MGP equivalents are so much more expensive, time-wise, than the PvP items.

Also, good news for glamour fans! 4.1 is moving the Glamour unlock quest to level 13 from level 50.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Leofish posted:

You need to be able to equip the set to get a title from the Disreputable Priest, in order to be able to earn the mounts through endless suffering

It's only ten wins in frontlines and 30 in feast, it's not that bad.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

It's only ten wins in frontlines and 30 in feast, it's not that bad.

And a combined 60 for the final one.

I never win. If I feast, my team gets wiped out in under 2 minutes. If I frontline, we place 3rd. I only do PvP for WT stickers now. I've given up on the mounts.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Leofish posted:

And a combined 60 for the final one.

That's really only 20 more wins though since you have 40 from the other two.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I share your pain, friend:

If I'm not shuffling to a line already, I'm often without a single line, let alone two. Except the other day (I'm behind with Khloe):

orcane fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 28, 2017

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

A friend told me casually that he got 3 lines last week and he wasn't sure which 3rd tier reward to pick so he went with the 60 crafter chestpiece over the 70 nin chestpiece.

The 70 nin chest was selling for 5.7 mill at the time

:doh:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So I'm at 900 Creation Tomestones, and as I understand it I need a 1,000 for the 330 Weapon. But it looks like I need to wait 7 weeks to get said weapon in the first place? So should I just buy Chest+Legs over the next 4 weeks and then get the weapon eventually? I do have a 300 ring still so maybe that'd be the best choice?

I also lost the roll on Nightmare last night while clearing out my Primal EX quests from ARR. Didn't want that 20mill gil anyway :smith:

Bolow fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 28, 2017

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I don't think you can sell the nightmare whistle.

You can sell the night pegasus whistle that drops in POTD 150+, though.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Speaking as an Immortal Flames player, 10 wins on frontlines is a pretty big ask. (I know I can go freelance don't @ me)

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I got through that third main quest dungeon with some moral support from my new TPT compatriots. I was up around 2am and figured it was as good a time as any to get it out of the way. I read up about it first and I visualized it being a WoW type boss extravaganza in a giant hall with swarms of adds and poo poo flying everywhere but it was more composed. Just one oversized jerk with a big hammer and a few of his friends.

So thank you to TPT night crew for their reassurances.

EDIT: The only magic user loot I got was a miniskirt. Did someone say that the cosmetic system will soon be available at a lower level? I don't want to look like a go-go dancer!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Even if you go freelancer you end up in flames half the time because everyone is in flames.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Also coming in 4.1

EDIT: I swear I read glamours will be unlockable much earlier in the new patch, but now I can't find anything backing that up.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 28, 2017

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
The 4.1 version of Zhloe is apparently helping M'naago gather supplies for the Resistance Widows and Orphans fund.

Now actually tempted to level crafting. Or Gathering. One of those.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Oh right, speaking of WT and missing lines at the very last minute. Behold, the portrait of an idiot who accidentally left off three zeroes at the end.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Finally got enough Wolf Marks to get the Dragoon gear from the Disreputable Priest lady, and apparently I get a title.

Dan

What the gently caress :psyduck:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Ibblebibble posted:

Even if you go freelancer you end up in flames half the time because everyone is in flames.

For coin and country!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Dick Trauma posted:

I got through that third main quest dungeon with some moral support from my new TPT compatriots. I was up around 2am and figured it was as good a time as any to get it out of the way. I read up about it first and I visualized it being a WoW type boss extravaganza in a giant hall with swarms of adds and poo poo flying everywhere but it was more composed. Just one oversized jerk with a big hammer and a few of his friends.

So thank you to TPT night crew for their reassurances.

EDIT: The only magic user loot I got was a miniskirt. Did someone say that the cosmetic system will soon be available at a lower level? I don't want to look like a go-go dancer!

Don't bother reading up about any of the dungeons. Most guides are outdated and pointless to begin with, as well as not accounting for higher gear levels that let you chump most mechanics.

Also there are many more worse pieces of gear and glamouring every single time you get something new as you're leveling won't a great idea.

Bolow posted:

Finally got enough Wolf Marks to get the Dragoon gear from the Disreputable Priest lady, and apparently I get a title.

Dan

http://garo.wikia.com/wiki/Dan

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Bolow posted:

Dan

I would assume it's in reference to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_(rank)

Also, why would people go Flames? They're the worst in PvP apparently, they have boring gear, and Ul'Dah is basically a parody of end-stage capitalism from 2.55 on.

Seriously, this is me right after I dumped the Flames for the honorable and good Maelstrom, even knowing that I'd have to grind GC rank and seals back out also i like posting selfies constantly

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I would assume it's in reference to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_(rank)

Also, why would people go Flames? They're the worst in PvP apparently, they have boring gear, and Ul'Dah is basically a parody of end-stage capitalism from 2.55 on.

Seriously, this is me right after I dumped the Flames for the honorable and good Maelstrom, even knowing that I'd have to grind GC rank and seals back out also i like posting selfies constantly

Selfies are good.

I like the flames salute :shobon:

Also, welcome to TPT Dick Trauma! Enjoy the beach house while we still have it.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Which one of you is planning to take over the plot? GM?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I had hoped to get it at one point, but I don't know if the FC decided on something else.

If someone else really wants it, idgaf personally. Just thought it would be nifty.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
I don't think the FC decided on anything because we have little ability to control the situation. We can't relinquish ahead of time without losing the airships and ruining everyone's rooms, and we won't be able to hesitate while going for a Shirogane mansion in order to make sure who is in place to buy the old place. I'd be happy for you to get it, but I don't know how to arrange it other than it being a race the instant the servers go live and someone clicks 'Move' (assuming we even manage that).

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Brainamp posted:

Don't bother reading up about any of the dungeons. Most guides are outdated and pointless to begin with, as well as not accounting for higher gear levels that let you chump most mechanics.

Also there are many more worse pieces of gear and glamouring every single time you get something new as you're leveling won't a great idea.

http://garo.wikia.com/wiki/Dan

This game has so many dungeons that you'll eventually get chucked into for roulette's that "Uh I forgot this guys gimmick, don't stand in fires" is a legitimate way to tackle them all. There's really only a few gotchas (Qarn doom mechanic), pillars for lightning dragon retard in Aery).

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oh right, speaking of WT and missing lines at the very last minute. Behold, the portrait of an idiot who accidentally left off three zeroes at the end.

Don't call people idiots when they generously put that up on the market for a very lucky recipient :)

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Like M:TG, three rules will get you through 95% of all content in any MMO.

1) Don't put yourself behind the tank.
2) Don't stand in the bad
3) Kill the adds.

For everything else, the actual fine details of how the mechanics are implemented override these rules. That is to say, there are exceptions to these, but they are in the 8-man and 24-man content, nothing that you need to worry about while leveling.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Don't call people idiots when they generously put that up on the market for a very lucky recipient :)

I will call myself an idiot whenever I rightly deserve to be called an idiot. =E

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 28, 2017

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

When's 4.1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I will call myself an idiot whenever I rightly deserve to be called an idiot. =E

You probably made someone happy and isn't that worth more than gil?

October. We'll probably find the date tomorrow.