Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Pitino literally balls deep in the cheating scandal prostitution ring corruption, I can't believe it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
What did coach 2 do, did he actually touch the poop?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

What did coach 2 do, did he actually touch the poop?

Sounds like he was pretty involved in things.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

NCAA BB Offseason N/V: No one swings a bigger dick than [Coach-2]

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Someone please tell me Pitino could see jail time.... please...

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

General Dog posted:

just don't swing it for too long or else things'll get messy

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

General Dog posted:

Biggest dick, shortest clip

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Well they hired the Porter kids' dad and paid him a shitload of money above the table, which is something the NCAA allows.
Yeah, that isn't cheating. If you are willing to devote one of your three full assistant slots to a kid's dad, go ahead.

The other thing (and I think SMU just did this with a kid), is that the restriction on hiring someone close to a kid to a non-assistant role is imposed at the start of the player's junior year, so you can "legally" hire someone to a bullshit role if you are willing to risk that on a commitment from a sophomore.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hiring a kid's dad is the exhaust port on the Death Star.

It shouldn't be there. Who thought that was a good idea? You bet your rear end I'm going to use it though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
So uh apparently the FBI has set up a tip line with the message "if you know anything call us before we come to you."

That... Sounds a lot like Rico :getin:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/YahooForde/status/913506233021280257

:lol: this is gonna be a shitshow

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Clearly Tom Izzo has nothing to do with anything because if we'd offered any money Brian Bowen woulda played for MSU.

....please god Tom don't have anything to do with this :ohdear:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

GobiasIndustries posted:

Clearly Tom Izzo has nothing to do with anything because if we'd offered any money Brian Bowen woulda played for MSU.

....please god Tom don't have anything to do with this :ohdear:

Supposedly, Izzo was the whistleblower in this. The Bowen thing was the trigger.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ah yes, the house of Representatives, those staunch defenders of the public who are in no way going to grandstand about completely unrelated things

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

My father in law is a big Tar Heel fan. He's handling all this pretty well

Wooglin
Sep 5, 2002

AsInHowe posted:

Supposedly, Izzo was the whistleblower in this. The Bowen thing was the trigger.

Seriously? I hadn't heard that yet.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Wooglin posted:

Seriously? I hadn't heard that yet.

Seriously, according to some Detroit media people.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
There's a reason Izzo usually loses big time recruiting battles

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Could cost Louisville upwards of $44 million to fire Pitino. Obviously that's a starting point for the buyout negotiations, but still, goddamn.

Highlight of the article is a list of other things Louisville could do with that much money, including boring stuff like wipe out student debt, or give free rides to needy students, or pay off big retention bonuses to the faculty, etc., but then there's also this suggestion that could lead to some uniquely unsatisfying bedroom roleplay:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Did Rick Pitino really get a nut off that fast

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Ahh yes congress, the people who openly take bribes on a regular basis, throwing a hissy fit about bribery.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
That Louisville shirt moves into 2nd place

https://twitter.com/BunkiePerkins/status/913595415068524545

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Peanut President posted:

Ahh yes congress, the people who openly take bribes on a regular basis, throwing a hissy fit about bribery.

They don't want competition.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Peanut President posted:

look at it this way, if they stay busy grandstanding about college sports, that leaves them less time to *checks notes* exterminate the poor

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

I'm far from a Michigan State fan, but the fact that Izzo has actually been suspended by the NCAA over a violation while guys like Calipari breakdance around the rules is so drat laughable to me.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

NickRoweFillea posted:

Did Rick Pitino really get a nut off that fast

if he didn't he's guilty of perjury and worse yet being a dang liar

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

AsInHowe posted:

Seriously, according to some Detroit media people.

ah, well I suppose that kinda involvement is OK.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

https://streamable.com/yf2ln

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jesus Christ.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

lol holy poo poo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/913842733432926208

:allears:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lol Dickie V is such a naive brown-noser

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ah yes Dick his mistake was hiring some bad seeds who steered him wrong.

Speaking of bad seed how did Vitale explain away the hookers and leg cum

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Beautiful

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Magical

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Former Louisville player and present assistant coach David Padgett (no relation to Scott) is now interim coach. Supposedly they're going to make a huge push to get Gregg Marshall as soon as possible, whatever it takes; I imagine it will involve Papa John personally defeating the Koch Bros. in hand to hand combat.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

elentar posted:

Former Louisville player and present assistant coach David Padgett (no relation to Scott) is now interim coach. Supposedly they're going to make a huge push to get Gregg Marshall as soon as possible, whatever it takes; I imagine it will involve Papa John personally defeating the Koch Bros. in hand to hand combat.

Could they all possibly die in this melee and take their respective universities with them?

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Gladiator match with all the big university athletic department sugar daddies. Not even for a prize, just for our amusement. Somehow T. Boone Pickens will be the one to come out alive

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 30, 2017

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
Why would Marshall want to leave for a school that's going to be slapped with a bunch of sanctions by the NCAA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

elentar posted:

I know the Kentucky crowd was wondering why they would promote anyone on the staff/potentially connected to the scandal to HC but they're not gonna get anyone worth a poo poo days before practice opens, plus my theory is that Louisville will end up declaring themselves postseason ineligible/forfeiting the season after the fact so why spend the money to bring in someone for games that won't count?

As for getting Greggggg :laffo: no coach worth a poo poo is gonna touch Louisville until they see just how bad the fallout is going to be so enjoy getting Haith'd Louisville.

• Locked thread