Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Internet Webguy posted:

Trump retold the story of how their friendship was forged at Mar-a-Lago in April and said the relationship enabled Trump to ask Xi for help cutting off North Korea's financial access.

"He did that because I asked him, please do that," Trump said. "So he does things. Relationship is everything."

donald trump believes the head of a nation of 1.3 billion shapes that nation's foreign policy to please donald trump because he likes donald trump as a friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

This need nite crew put on it somewhere

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Ages posted:

Well, what is in your jeans pocket?

Various sundries depending on the night

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i missed a lot today

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/913570435622678529

when dr seuss is maga

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Agean90 posted:

im the closeted gay guy in a suit scoping out the hard bods

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i was under the impression that it was being drunk, not hangovers, that led to poor judgement

can anyone confirm/deny

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

i was under the impression that it was being drunk, not hangovers, that led to poor judgement

can anyone confirm/deny

have you never been drunk in your entire life

HANGOVERS ARE BAD

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
hey guys remember afghanistan? I wonder how things are going over there, Hmmm surely after 17 years the Taliban are still a bunch of villagers and peasants that have been pummeled to submi-

https://twitter.com/SaladinAlDronni/status/913488601564008454

https://twitter.com/SaladinAlDronni/status/913488878488694784

LOOOOOOOLLL

HOW DID YOU GUYS ACTUALLY MAKE YOUR ENEMIES EVEN BETTER AFTER 17 YEARS.

HOW.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

RT:
https://twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/913410415895437313

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I can't tell reality from fiction anymore

trump
trump
TRUPM

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Al-Saqr posted:

hey guys remember afghanistan? I wonder how things are going over there, Hmmm surely after 17 years the Taliban are still a bunch of villagers and peasants that have been pummeled to submi-

LOOOOOOOLLL

HOW.

Something, something Pakistan.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Zeroisanumber posted:

They'd have to kill a lot more than 11 million. Not to chest thump or whatever, but I wouldn't want to live in that world.

oh absolutely, those camps would be running at double the estimated capacity all the time

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Dr. Seuss drew poo poo like this before he did kids' books.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Al-Saqr posted:

LOOOOOOOLLL

HOW.

Geohell

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
trump flying air force one and golfing each weekend but flipping poo poo when his aides try to grift is so perfectly :discourse: that it has to be true

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i'm lollin at gettin randy in congress

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Al-Saqr posted:

LOOOOOOOLLL

HOW.

woopsy doopsy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Peace de Bundy posted:

have you never been drunk in your entire life

HANGOVERS ARE BAD

1) no

2) are they "kill all the jews" bad

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Relevant Tangent posted:

yeah, it's in your dream though, it's your brain, own that fucker extremely hard, nothing it can do to you in your brain
just make your flight or fight reflex be fight for dark presences and Jason Vorhees that's how you solve nightmares

This

When I was a tiny dog in a tinnier sweater, I used to dream that when walking to school a dude in a van would run me over.

It was so predictable. I would walk with my friend, he would say the same phrase and then I would look over my shoulder and would see the car coming miles back. In the beginning I would try to hide bit that didn't work. If I would go inside a building the car would drive through a wall. If I did manage to scare him once, he would come back when I should my face.

Then this one evening.. and I don't know why it started again. Walking to school, friend said something. Car was coming. I was like 'okay here we go again, stupid dream'. But since I figured it was a dream I did something different. Right before the van hit me, I jumped on the roof of it. I pulled the driver out through the window and punched him. Then I took control over the vehicle and ran over him.

Never had the dream again.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Agean90 posted:

i don't think it even needs the label

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

mdemone posted:

the best way to check if you are dreaming and therefore possibly break through into lucid dreamspace is to make a habit of looking at analog clocks -- glance away then look again, they don't work right in dreams because your brain is doing a whole lot of amazing poo poo and can't be arsed to simulate clock hands correctly.

usually for me the hands are doing something weird, like spinning at unreal rates, or they've fallen off entirely, etc.

Try it!

Clocks don't show up in my dreams very often. Books do though, and you can't read a book in a dream, it owns. You can know what the book is about and open up individual pages and know what they say, but the actual text is gibberish.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I've had this reoccurring theme in my dreams the last week where somebody asks me for something that I have in my jeans pocket, but my hands are too wet to reach inside, they just get caught up at the top. My wife says I should try to figure out what it means, but we'll all be dead soon anyway so what's the point

I used to have recurring dreams I had to hide the body of someone I'd killed, but it was always someone different. Sometimes it was some dude I hit on the highway and buried in a ditch, or a guy in a full tuxedo buried in the basement of my house, etc, but always a different person and always a different kind of death. Almost always in the basement or foundations and I'd be like 'ah poo poo I gotta hide this body/never move out of this house or my rear end is grass."

Now I don't have those anymore and I'm glad cuz that poo poo was boring.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i sleep in a stone sarcophagus while a cantor leads the faithful in the chanting reqd to preserve my lifeforce thru my spiritual journey into the subtle realms

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Just got back from 9 hours on the road and a week out of town

what i miss 2day

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

LOOOOOOOLLL

HOW.

did

did the taliban just x-com america

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

LOOOOOOOLLL

HOW.

lmao someone hasnt been paying attention. The US army turned the vietcong from a guerilla force into a professional army capable of stone walling the chinese, this aint the first time its happened.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dr Seuss is insanely not MAGA

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

can anyone confirm/deny

can't, still too drunk from last night

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Dairy Days posted:

twitter belongs in the trash

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Yinlock posted:

1) no

2) are they "kill all the jews" bad

I been pretty hung over before but I don't remember becoming all hitlery and genocidal

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Thatim posted:

This

When I was a tiny dog in a tinnier sweater, I used to dream that when walking to school a dude in a van would run me over.

It was so predictable. I would walk with my friend, he would say the same phrase and then I would look over my shoulder and would see the car coming miles back. In the beginning I would try to hide bit that didn't work. If I would go inside a building the car would drive through a wall. If I did manage to scare him once, he would come back when I should my face.

Then this one evening.. and I don't know why it started again. Walking to school, friend said something. Car was coming. I was like 'okay here we go again, stupid dream'. But since I figured it was a dream I did something different. Right before the van hit me, I jumped on the roof of it. I pulled the driver out through the window and punched him. Then I took control over the vehicle and ran over him.

Never had the dream again.

when I was really young I developed code phrases to allow me to turn invisible or stop time in my dreams. After remembering to use them a few times, they just became standard to all dreams. So now I have God Mode running and it's cool :3

Ed balls taught me that.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

LOOOOOOOLLL

HOW.

because of your guys I assume

maybe also Pakistan thanks to Modi hugging Trump leading to Trump declaring Kashmir is 100% Indian

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Evil_Greven posted:

I mean I wake up with the last memory being just before I fell asleep more than 99% of the time.

I'm very difficult to wake, so I use multiple alarms in different places. Apparently, if people try to wake me, I respond and hold conversations with them, but I don't remember any of it. Said conversations can be very strange, it seems.

The dreams I seem to remember are either very bizarre, or more disconcertingly, very short and mundane.

The reason that is disconcerting is that something very similar to the short mundane memory of a dream has occurred after said dream... and this has happened multiple times. It's hard to reconcile that with my understanding of the world from a STEM point of view.

the short mundane dreams that presage your waking state are your brain rehearsing what it's going to do for the morning or something like that
it's why people get deja-vu, probably

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

i sleep in a stone sarcophagus while a cantor leads the faithful in the chanting reqd to preserve my lifeforce thru my spiritual journey into the subtle realms

oh thats what eric's been up to nowadays

neat

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i dont get hangovers and i dont dream but i do have apnea so each night is like a short jaunt through oblivion and maybe im there on the other side in the morning about as tired and cogent as i was when i went to bed

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Epic High Five posted:

because of your guys I assume

Who's 'My Guys'?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Duscat posted:

can't, still too drunk from last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXrOoODYPNE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

here are some screenshots of a propaganda video with an instagram filter applied

i Paweł Wójcik also known on twitter as @SaladinAlDronni vouch for the veracity of this tweet

• Locked thread