Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Agean90 posted:

This need nite crew put on it somewhere

I wanna hang out at this Cheesecake Factory

ps I'm the weak dude in blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al-Saqr posted:

Who's 'My Guys'?

the islamic orb illuminati

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/913572138606571526

REMEMBER THE ALAMO(dome)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Al-Saqr posted:

hey guys remember afghanistan? I wonder how things are going over there, Hmmm surely after 17 years the Taliban are still a bunch of villagers and peasants that have been pummeled to submi-

https://twitter.com/SaladinAlDronni/status/913488601564008454

https://twitter.com/SaladinAlDronni/status/913488878488694784

LOOOOOOOLLL

HOW DID YOU GUYS ACTUALLY MAKE YOUR ENEMIES EVEN BETTER AFTER 17 YEARS.

HOW.

jesus, where are they getting the equipment? pakistan? russia? iran? its too uniform to be salvaged.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Who's 'My Guys'?

I haven't been keeping up but I generally just assume that if there's a band of people who want to kill American somewhere, the KSA is funding them somehow

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Agean90 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhl5K0mTSKY

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Who's 'My Guys'?

the ones who hold you in chains

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

mdemone posted:

the best way to check if you are dreaming and therefore possibly break through into lucid dreamspace is to make a habit of looking at analog clocks -- glance away then look again, they don't work right in dreams because your brain is doing a whole lot of amazing poo poo and can't be arsed to simulate clock hands correctly.

usually for me the hands are doing something weird, like spinning at unreal rates, or they've fallen off entirely, etc.

Try it!

I don't think i can remember ever seeing a clock in any of my dreams :tinfoil:

but i feel like a vivid, realistic feeling dream would have a properly working clock, if for some reason in the dream, you were like "what time is it" and looked for a clock.. BAM your brain creates one to look at, and because it's a "real" dream, it seems to work fine, or at least you dont notice that its all hosed up, and you interpret it as working correctly anyways. But if its a hosed up crazy dream to begin with, your brain gives no fucks about anything working right, let alone a clock, which also extends to your own motivations and thoughts inside the dream, so that you wouldn't even care to look at the time to begin with, most likely, because you're paying attention to the non euclidean geometry and the floating assbrain that shot out of the toaster, which is in fact you...and if you did see a clock, you wouldn't necessarily care or notice that its acting strange or not.

really, the best way to know its a dream is to look for the pisstape, because pisstape is real, and therefore cannot exist in ur dreams

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

YOU A loving HAT posted:

i've had nightmares so consistently over the years that they don't even count as nightmares anymore because I just don't care, so when my friends are like "I had a dream I was being chase" I'm just like get on my level, Becky.

let me tell you about the dream with the skinned human bodies impaled through the neck on a giant rusty fish hook. They weren't even the focus of the dream, just set decor.

it's funny how rarely people talk about dreams
my friend and I did in gradeschool and then another kid said we must be lying because none of his dreams were ever like that and we were both ???

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Yinlock posted:

i was under the impression that it was being drunk, not hangovers, that led to poor judgement

can anyone confirm/deny

yinlock im gonna buy you like 15 drinks and bully you into downing them w my powerful charismatic force if we are ever in the same city

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Lawman 0 posted:

the ones who hold you in chains

Epic High Five posted:

I haven't been keeping up but I generally just assume that if there's a band of people who want to kill American somewhere, the KSA is funding them somehow

ah ok

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ESAKA? :madmax:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sorry that probably sounded more bigoted than I intended

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm glad other people's dream life is comeoletly hosed up

THS
Sep 15, 2017

who do you think it is

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

seems relevant to this thread:
https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/913571564452532224

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Squizzle posted:

i sleep in a stone sarcophagus while a cantor leads the faithful in the chanting reqd to preserve my lifeforce thru my spiritual journey into the subtle realms

loving knew it

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i like reading books in dreams, where it's just random words and characters spilling across the page and constantly changing in sentence fragments

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Agean90 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZiDa1Iz9us

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

You know who else said "Great Job"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEwB5lfhp-Y

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

YOU A loving HAT posted:

let me tell you about the dream with the skinned human bodies impaled through the neck on a giant rusty fish hook

but enough about the trump steak factory

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i never get on the computer or cell phone in my dreams though, weird

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

jesus, where are they getting the equipment? pakistan? russia? iran? its too uniform to be salvaged.

Russia is currently doing a backwards 1980s on us

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yandat posted:

i never get on the computer or cell phone in my dreams though, weird

yeah my dreams are still in the 90s
mostly

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Yandat posted:

who do you think it is

It could be a number of things, It could be ISIS guys making their way to Afghanistan after escaping the middle east and using hard battle experience to train the taliban, It could be Pakistani officers shipping equipment, it could be Russians and Chinese up to no good to clear the U.S. out of Afghanistan for the One-Belt-One-Road Project, it could be gulf donors, it could be alot of things. But honestly it's pretty loving embarrasing that the easiest and most morally justifiable and most one-sided conflict is still loving going on for 17 years.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Sorry that probably sounded more bigoted than I intended

more ignorant than bigoted, not that it didnt seem bigoted

like cmon the us can inspire enemies all over the place w/o needing a royal commission or w/e

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Thatim posted:

This

When I was a tiny dog in a tinnier sweater, I used to dream that when walking to school a dude in a van would run me over.

It was so predictable. I would walk with my friend, he would say the same phrase and then I would look over my shoulder and would see the car coming miles back. In the beginning I would try to hide bit that didn't work. If I would go inside a building the car would drive through a wall. If I did manage to scare him once, he would come back when I should my face.

Then this one evening.. and I don't know why it started again. Walking to school, friend said something. Car was coming. I was like 'okay here we go again, stupid dream'. But since I figured it was a dream I did something different. Right before the van hit me, I jumped on the roof of it. I pulled the driver out through the window and punched him. Then I took control over the vehicle and ran over him.

Never had the dream again.

It's extremely dumb of me but I think that stuff like this is the Collective Unconscious making people try on archetypes that they don't wear irl.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Yandat posted:

i like reading books in dreams, where it's just random words and characters spilling across the page and constantly changing in sentence fragments

ive seriously never had that problem, and ive read and written pages and pages of poo poo in dreams

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

:51 made me unreasonably angry

watch your drat kid

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Squizzle posted:

ive seriously never had that problem, and ive read and written pages and pages of poo poo in dreams

Same

but that's what I do for a living so it kind of makes sense

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
ᛯᛈᛊ

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol banal lawyer dreams jfc

best oral arguments I've ever made are in dreams

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Squizzle posted:

more ignorant than bigoted, not that it didnt seem bigoted

like cmon the us can inspire enemies all over the place w/o needing a royal commission or w/e

I'll never condemn any non-nuclear nation for doing everything they can to keep us distracted

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Lmao if yo need to motivate someone to down 15 beers

That is a privilege

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Thatim posted:

Lmao if yo need to motivate someone to down 15 beers

That is a privilege

that's a Monday night mothafucka

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

euphronius posted:

lol banal lawyer dreams jfc

best oral arguments I've ever made are in dreams

thats what ur so said lol

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Al-Saqr posted:

hey guys remember afghanistan? I wonder how things are going over there, Hmmm surely after 17 years the Taliban are still a bunch of villagers and peasants that have been pummeled to submi-

https://twitter.com/SaladinAlDronni/status/913488601564008454

https://twitter.com/SaladinAlDronni/status/913488878488694784

LOOOOOOOLLL

HOW DID YOU GUYS ACTUALLY MAKE YOUR ENEMIES EVEN BETTER AFTER 17 YEARS.

HOW.

We have never been at war with the Taliban, Mr Al-Saqr.

ISIS have always been our enemy.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Relevant Tangent posted:

it's funny how rarely people talk about dreams
my friend and I did in gradeschool and then another kid said we must be lying because none of his dreams were ever like that and we were both ???

right?

Best dream I ever had wasn't even that weird, but it WAS weird because I would swear it actually happened. I was walking on a dirt road looking for pirate treasure under the dirt (as you do) and I suddenly straightened up and was like, "You know, I never take in the scenery in dreams. Always focused on other stuff." So I looked around and it was THE MOST realistic dream you can imagine. It was a green farmer's field on the right of the road, and a small white shed in the field, and behind all that a treeline and the sky was dark blue with clouds coming in, like a summer storm. It was a completely normal place, like I would see in Connecticut, nothing unusual. And I could smell the humidity in the air and the plants and the temperature of the day and to this day I'd swear I WAS there in that field. It was indistinguishable from real life. It was the most surreal feeling of standing there and thinking, "None of this is real, I'm not even awake, but it's as real as being awake. I can't believe I'm here standing in this landscape, but I'm ALSO asleep in my bed.""

Then, cuz I was visiting my folks, I heard footsteps on the stairs outside the guest bedroom. But i heard them while standing by the field and thought to myself, "There's dad walking up the stairs. I wonder if it's loud enough that it will wake me up?" And after a few moments, it did.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

i have a confession to make, it's been getting harder to watch these guys since they all hit middle age, somehow it's a lot less funny to watch them drink themselves to death and squabble over lot fees in the trailer park now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Al-Saqr posted:

It could be a number of things, It could be ISIS guys making their way to Afghanistan after escaping the middle east and using hard battle experience to train the taliban, It could be Pakistani officers shipping equipment, it could be Russians and Chinese up to no good to clear the U.S. out of Afghanistan for the One-Belt-One-Road Project, it could be gulf donors, it could be alot of things. But honestly it's pretty loving embarrasing that the easiest and most morally justifiable and most one-sided conflict is still loving going on for 17 years.

i'm not really surprised, it's incredibly believable to me that the country that lost vietnam is loving up in afghanistan. brought to you by the people responsible for the rise of ISIS

• Locked thread