Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Al-Saqr posted:

It could be a number of things, It could be ISIS guys making their way to Afghanistan after escaping the middle east and using hard battle experience to train the taliban, It could be Pakistani officers shipping equipment, it could be Russians and Chinese up to no good to clear the U.S. out of Afghanistan for the One-Belt-One-Road Project, it could be gulf donors, it could be alot of things. But honestly it's pretty loving embarrasing that the easiest and most morally justifiable and most one-sided conflict is still loving going on for 17 years.

Could even be US defense contractors making sure that business stays booming. Which sounds so stupid there are probably at least 10 books with that as the main antagonist, but they're not allowed to say that "capitalism....bad????" because Americans aren't allowed to say any other system is a good thing even though the "government that creates jobs because people need jobs" would actually be communism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
one of the only things that pushes me towards procreation (lol) was meeting my future decedent from hundreds of years into the future and hanging out 4 a bit within a dream~

prob in the top5 that...p sure thats when i was taking lots of nootropics like piracetam

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Relevant Tangent posted:

It's extremely dumb of me but I think that stuff like this is the Collective Unconscious making people try on archetypes that they don't wear irl.

I don't know. I am usually myself in dreams. Nothing cool or special happens. In nightmares I usually get murdered. Mostly by my mom. I am not even joking.

Yes, we had quiet some rights when I was in puberty. But we are close now. It still kind of hosed up.

But it is only these dreams that I get murdered in are really of the rails. But that is more the surrounding and the events than what I am doing. I am never a hero or flying or whatever

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Could have been the child of your clone

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
the episode where The Motel was born and anointed in liquor was a work of art though

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Shellllter me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJWJE0x7T4Q

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Mariana Horchata posted:

one of the only things that pushes me towards procreation (lol) was meeting my future decedent from hundreds of years into the future and hanging out 4 a bit within a dream~

prob in the top5 that...p sure thats when i was taking lots of nootropics like piracetam

were they cool

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

how do you pulverize an already-poor country for two loving decades and they manage to modernize and better-equip their troops by the end

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

I immediately wake up if I realize I'm dreaming, I can't help it. I have for sure never dreamed past that point. I might go into some weird internal panic because I try to move my limbs and they feel numb as hell but that lasts for only a few seconds

dream content is almost always just normal stuff I'm familiar with

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Duscat posted:

i have a confession to make, it's been getting harder to watch these guys since they all hit middle age, somehow it's a lot less funny to watch them drink themselves to death and squabble over lot fees in the trailer park now

i feel ya bud

THS
Sep 15, 2017

GrimGypsy posted:

how do you pulverize an already-poor country for two loving decades and they manage to modernize and better-equip their troops by the end

because the american empire is a paper tiger

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

YOU A loving HAT posted:

were they cool

ya was like an 8yr old girl iirc just chill af much like the one donald trump killed

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Just a moment while I get in my autism tent

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

kaleedity posted:

I immediately wake up if I realize I'm dreaming, I can't help it. I have for sure never dreamed past that point. I might go into some weird internal panic because I try to move my limbs and they feel numb as hell but that lasts for only a few seconds

dream content is almost always just normal stuff I'm familiar with

i'm glad I'm not as sleep deprived as I used to be cuz it would bring on the sleep paralysis and one time while house-sitting for my sister her cat jumped up on the bed, walked up to my ear and started talking to me in a low man's voice, just a bunch of frightening, fast gibberish.

But the cat was not talking, my brain was just effed. :)

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hey philly goons

Patients may qualify if they have a terminal illness or if they suffer from cancer, HIV/AIDS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, inflammatory bowel disease, neuropathies, Huntington’s disease, Crohn’s disease, post-traumatic stress disorder, intractable seizures, glaucoma, autism, sickle cell anemia, damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity, or severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin, or if conventional therapeutic intervention and opiate therapy is contraindicated or ineffective. In addition, the Department of Public Health can approve additional debilitating medical conditions.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Mariana Horchata posted:

ya was like an 8yr old girl iirc just chill af much like the one donald trump killed

what if

THAT WAS HER

TIME TRAVEL SUB PLOT

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

GrimGypsy posted:

I blame Sid Meier.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

to get yr weed card

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Inspector Hound posted:

Just a moment while I get in my autism tent

im gonna fart in ur tism teepee

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Squizzle posted:

hey philly goons

Patients may qualify if they have a terminal illness or if they suffer from cancer, HIV/AIDS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, inflammatory bowel disease, neuropathies, Huntington’s disease, Crohn’s disease, post-traumatic stress disorder, intractable seizures, glaucoma, autism, sickle cell anemia, damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity, or severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin, or if conventional therapeutic intervention and opiate therapy is contraindicated or ineffective. In addition, the Department of Public Health can approve additional debilitating medical conditions.

yeah been wanting to sign up, since that whole damage to the spinal nerves thing is exactly what I have and it's agony.

but like they're not even gonna start giving out cards or letting dispensaries open for like 18 months or some dumb poo poo.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Squizzle posted:

to get yr weed card

autism?? everyone here qualifies

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Could you move this please? I need to fold out my leg bag for an impromptu nap

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Squizzle posted:

hey philly goons

oh what do i win if i were 2 live in Philadelphia?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i just buy my weed from a store

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
i never remember my dreams. fall asleep, wake up, as far as I remember nothin inbetween. maybe im doin cool stuff in them :shrug:

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Al! posted:

im gonna fart in ur tism teepee

realtalk I got an igloo tent from IKEA once and just had it in my living room to dick around in, lay on pillows and hang with cats. those things get REALLY HOT even with vent flaps. I don't know how you like your Pause Pod but I hope you like it humid and stifling.

Also I doubt the whole "blocks out sound" poo poo. Ever camped before? You can hear anything through a tent.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Squizzle posted:

hey philly goons

what? half the city smells like weed, I walked down the streets and saw people rolling blunts on their porch. what do you need a card for just take a walk boom done

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Mariana Horchata posted:

oh what do i win if i were 2 live in Philadelphia?

:weed:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

YOU A loving HAT posted:

what if

THAT WAS HER

TIME TRAVEL SUB PLOT

:zenpop:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Al-Saqr posted:

It could be a number of things, It could be ISIS guys making their way to Afghanistan after escaping the middle east and using hard battle experience to train the taliban, It could be Pakistani officers shipping equipment, it could be Russians and Chinese up to no good to clear the U.S. out of Afghanistan for the One-Belt-One-Road Project, it could be gulf donors, it could be alot of things. But honestly it's pretty loving embarrasing that the easiest and most morally justifiable and most one-sided conflict is still loving going on for 17 years.

sir, take off your shoes

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Relevant Tangent posted:

the short mundane dreams that presage your waking state are your brain rehearsing what it's going to do for the morning or something like that
it's why people get deja-vu, probably

Nah, this is not like that... when I was a kid, one of these was digging in a bush pulling out a soccer ball. That day, a friend invited me over to his house, and we ended up playing soccer. I'd never been to his house before, and he kicked the ball into the bush. I went to retrieve it and .. yeah just like that.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

:shepicide:

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

what? half the city smells like weed, I walked down the streets and saw people rolling blunts on their porch. what do you need a card for just take a walk boom done

yeah lemme just roll into town

"EXCUSE ME FINE GENTS, WHERE MIGHT I ACQUIRE THE MARI-HOOWANNNNNA?? SURELY AN URBAN NEIGHBORHOOD SUCH AS THIS IS LUSH WITH KUSH, AS THE KIDS MIGHT SAY."

-ed balls

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

jesus, where are they getting the equipment? pakistan? russia? iran? its too uniform to be salvaged.

saudi arabia or russia are safe bets

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

YOU A loving HAT posted:

yeah lemme just roll into town

"EXCUSE ME FINE GENTS, WHERE MIGHT I ACQUIRE THE MARI-HOOWANNNNNA?? SURELY AN URBAN NEIGHBORHOOD SUCH AS THIS IS LUSH WITH KUSH, AS THE KIDS MIGHT SAY."

-ed balls

not quite the same words but this is what I did yeah

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

white sauce posted:

He's a poo poo bird

He's five pounds of poo poo in a two pound bag. No wait, that's our president.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Evil_Greven posted:

Nah, this is not like that... when I was a kid, one of these was digging in a bush pulling out a soccer ball. That day, a friend invited me over to his house, and we ended up playing soccer. I'd never been to his house before, and he kicked the ball into the bush. I went to retrieve it and .. yeah just like that.

your brain probably deleted its memory of the parts that didn't match. its pretty easy for the brain to do that for something that was never anything more than a figment.

only way to be sure is to keep a dream diary and write down all details before your brain can retcon it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

yinlock im gonna buy you like 15 drinks and bully you into downing them w my powerful charismatic force if we are ever in the same city

like you could even get close to me while i'm radiating powerful sober energies

it makes everything in a 15 foot radius around me boring as hell

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

YOU A loving HAT posted:

i'm glad I'm not as sleep deprived as I used to be cuz it would bring on the sleep paralysis and one time while house-sitting for my sister her cat jumped up on the bed, walked up to my ear and started talking to me in a low man's voice, just a bunch of frightening, fast gibberish.

But the cat was not talking, my brain was just effed. :)

oh man yeah I've had that when I fell asleep near a tv. Don't remember the dream, just dread

I almost never remember dreams but when I do it's pretty funny. I remember one where I was walking home from a buddy's house. It was very, very pleasant outside, and normal. When I'm about halfway down the street I look down the road and a pelican is walking down the street perpendicular to the end of my street. That'd be all you need, except the pelican was maybe 12 stories tall and my neighborhood was 2 story house suburbia. I remember running like hell behind my house thinking what the gently caress what the gently caress I don't think it saw me? Wait, don't we keep the trash can on the right side out here? Then I woke up. Had that one in about '96

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

not quite the same words but this is what I did yeah

as a small white woman, I would be more reluctant to do this

also i DO wanna be above board and all on this poo poo, I have an actual medical need for it, it just blows the city has dragged its feet on this garbage for so long

• Locked thread