Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Like I said I will not tell you I am not a retard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

exquisite tea posted:

That should only happen if you're trying to click and drag for some reason. If you just point your cursor normally on the ground then your character will continue moving toward that spot.

What am I doing wrong? This doesn't work for me.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

It doesn't work that way. You can click a point, quickly tab to look at the map, but you'll need to tab back to keep moving. He may be thinking of D2.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

When I need to bring up the map, I just click to move, hold the cursor down and flip tab for a little bit until I figure out where to go. My inputs stay just as they were until I have to order another command and the minimap is only up for a split second. I figured this was how everybody used the overlay? :confused:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I think he's trying to move with the map permanently open like you could in D2, but that doesn't work in D3.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

When I need to bring up the map, I just click to move, hold the cursor down and flip tab for a little bit until I figure out where to go. My inputs stay just as they were until I have to order another command and the minimap is only up for a split second. I figured this was how everybody used the overlay? :confused:

Flipping the map on and off to maintain control is not a great experience.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Every rift floor has exactly one entrance and one exit, and once you see enough of them you instinctually start to grasp where they will be. As long as you move in a direction that is away from where you started you'll eventually find where you have to go.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah I know. I'm not one of those people that likes their map superimposed on the screen at all times. I just noticed that this was one (minor) thing that occasionally broke the flow. In the downtime between fights, especially when I'm returning from a dead end, I like to look at the layout to see if there's any areas I missed, any halls I didn't explore.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

Have they even revealed what the special BlizzCon Diablo III in-game reward is

It's a Murkromancer: a little murloc pet with blue eyes and white hair that's holding a Blizzcon ticket.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

great big cardboard tube posted:

Ess no help much. 30% essence good. Me still smash GR100. Rathma/Jesseth.

I forgot if you answered, would you mind linking your build?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Patch notes are up for PTR. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20976068/patch-261-ptr-patch-notes-9-13-2017

Biggest thing that caught my eye was Impale DH buffs. Sure there are more, but that's the one more relevant to me. :v:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I don't see the point of legendaries with Rare-like stats and no special effect.

Also Diablo (boss) was underwhelming (on expert). I was expecting more transformations/phases. A few of the other lords were more interesting and challenging.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Larrymer posted:

Patch notes are up for PTR. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20976068/patch-261-ptr-patch-notes-9-13-2017

Biggest thing that caught my eye was Impale DH buffs. Sure there are more, but that's the one more relevant to me. :v:

Make Nat's great again, Blizzard.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rinkles posted:

I don't see the point of legendaries with Rare-like stats and no special effect.

There's a lot of worthless ones. But a lot of good ones too.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Also getting quite a bit more duplicates than I'd expect/like. Whole lot less exciting this way.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Some legendaries are just more common than others. Also, what can drop is tied to your level so for a few slots, there aren't a lot of options.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I'm guessing it's also weighted towards class stuff

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It definitely is. You'll get something for another class once in a while but it's mostly stuff for whatever class you're playing.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Rinkles posted:

I'm guessing it's also weighted towards class stuff

Correct there's "Smart Loot" that should give you more class specific loot and more items with your main stat (STR/DEX/INT), a lot of the best loot (class sets) won't unlock until you're playing at least Torment 1 at L70, so hitting that is your 1st big goal.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

VodeAndreas posted:

Correct there's "Smart Loot" that should give you more class specific loot and more items with your main stat (STR/DEX/INT), a lot of the best loot (class sets) won't unlock until you're playing at least Torment 1 at L70, so hitting that is your 1st big goal.

Smart loot is the biggest loving lie ever.

Full tab of not monk poo poo on my Monk this season. Drives me crazy.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Hobold posted:

Shut up.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Hobold posted:

Maybe I should have put the quotes around Should instead of Smart Loot :v:

Even though the off class pieces are less common sometimes it does feel like the game is messing with you yeah.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
With jaywilson loot you'd have your stash full of crap like wizard gear that rolled strength and +% damage to a DH skill or some poo poo.

Smart loot dropping stuff for other classes is entirely deliberate and meant to encourage you to make other characters.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I would have never learned how cool monks were if I hadn't had a near perfect ancient Fist of Az drop on my crusader.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Hobold posted:

Wow a whole tab?! :eyepop:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

This game is polished to a sheen. There's even pause and fast forward buttons on the credits screen lmao

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

lol what is this?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Rinkles posted:

lol what is this?

Treasure goblin. Odious Collector variety? Drops poo poo tons of stuff. Depends on which as to what it drops. That one drops crafting mats.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Am I supposed to use all the plans on this character, or save the non-hunter stuff for new classes?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Rinkles posted:

Am I supposed to use all the plans on this character, or save the non-hunter stuff for new characters?

Use it all. All of that poo poo is account wide, within each category. Non season softcore, non season hardcore, season softcore, season hardcore.

When season ends, all that poo poo gets dumped into non-seasonal so you don't lose it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Every character will know the plans once you feed them to your blacksmith + jeweler.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Hobold posted:

Use it all. All of that poo poo is account wide, within each category. Non season softcore, non season hardcore, season softcore, season hardcore.

When season ends, all that poo poo gets dumped into non-seasonal so you don't lose it.

Cool. Very player friendly.

Is there a way to hide yellow recipes at the blacksmith?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
In complete honesty the yellow recipes are probably the most useful ones for leveling other characters if you're too stubborn to get a power level. Almost all of the crafted legendaries are totally worthless with only a couple exceptions for a couple builds.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

So what am I supposed to be working towards?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You put together one of your class sets and supporting items, do the seasonal journey, kill monsters until you get sick of it, then find something else to do until you feel like rolling up another set + class.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Every rift floor has exactly one entrance and one exit, and once you see enough of them you instinctually start to grasp where they will be. As long as you move in a direction that is away from where you started you'll eventually find where you have to go.
I've tried and failed to find them, but once upon a time there were some images published which showed the different tilesets and which way they'd go together so, with some red lines overlaid which provided a rough guide for how to run the tilesets in the most efficient manner.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Fun stuff like the Vault (I love that you can just keep smacking the chest shut) was missing from the campaign. You had the occasional challenge chest, but it was rare.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Node posted:

I forgot if you answered, would you mind linking your build?

I'm on PS4 so I can't link my b.net but here's a few blurry pics of my TV.

Zeis/Bane/Enforcer for gems, Haunted Visions/CoE/Krysbin/Circle (cube any ring depending on your rolls) for jewelry, Witching Hour. Rathma/Jesseth fill the rest.

Quick rundown of the offense sheet for gearing:
Elites % - shield
Attack Speed - weapon, belt, 1 ring
Area Damage - gloves, shoulders
Cooldown - shield, shoulders, diamond in helm
Physical % - bracers
Skeletal Mage - helm, boots

Crit is obviously everywhere available. Don't take any defensive stat unless you can't take an offensive one. In a perfect world I'd get a Haunted Visions with Phys/Crit/Crit and a good Krysbin or Circle with Crit/Crit/another non-int offensive stat but right now I have int/crit/crit in both those slots.

I still don't have ancient chest/helm/belt/jewelry on and have 2 current augment opportunities unused, working on those now while saving mats for 2.6.1

great big cardboard tube fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 29, 2017

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Get to 70 if you haven't. Get to at least Torment 1 difficulty and start doing adventure mode doing Rifts, Greater Rifts, and Bounties. You'll start getting class specific set drops, try to complete those and focus a build around them. There's guides on Icy Veins if you want to see what they look like. Then just destroy stuff and farm forever.

For an easy list to get you there, just hit shift+j for the season journey. Those are good objectives to go for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame

Rinkles posted:

If you're on when I'm on (Battlenet ID Jolinar#1232 send me a whisper and I'll carry you through some stuff to help you gear up some.