Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

[quote="“Jetamo”" post="“476839596”"]
Only if it treated every match/Jason like a Friday the 13th film being reviewed at the box office. And is mostly there for flavour/randomly generated film names/critic quotes.

Friday the 13th: Part 17 - The Finaler Chapter

Featuring Dickdagger as Jason
BJohnson69 as Chad
[/quote]

I'd actually really dig something like that. Give us a credit roll over Jason walking back to his cabin with all the counselors and who played them.

I wouldn't mind a bit more info at the end screen, like a time stamp for how long you survived, some other random poo poo.

I think the single player Challenge mode is going to have a rating of some kind. I really dig the idea of Hitman the 13th and it has potential to be really fun.

Really I'm just looking forward to single player so I can play whenever I want without having to hope people I want to play with are on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If Jason kills all the counselors we should be treated to a post-game montage of those kills set to one of the licenced songs they put in the game

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Nutsngum posted:

I think having a "ranking" at the end actually would alleviate a lot of the minmaxing stuff that is a bit insufferable.

If Jason just chokes out/slashes everyone to death, even all 8+ tommy, he can only get a C rating. Do stylish kills and other stuff can net you A+ etc.. Same with the councellors, escaping without doing poo poo just gets you a lovely rating. If you get poo poo fixed, die and come back as Tommy and gently caress jason's poo poo up allowing people to escape then you get extra awesome ratings.

Would probably require a heap of tweaking but Id really like that.

They do this with XP, but I do feel like they could shift more XP from "killing" into Versatile and the different kill type bonus (environmental, grab kill, damage kill, drowning all give a bonus the first time - trap kills are the same as weapon kills) and maybe more into environmental destruction. I also think it would be cool if they could shift around the XP for each counselor, so those with high repair get more XP for objective repairing, people with high composure/stamina could get XP for spending more time near Jason, those with high strength could get more for the self defense bonus, etc.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

King Vidiot posted:

The only "ranks" I'd accept would be like those useless Goldeneye awards you'd get at the end of a match in multiplayer. It could be stuff like the "Where's the Car?!" award for escaping from a time over after both vehicles have escaped, or a "Pinch Hitter" award for hitting Jason the most times. "The Chaddest Chad" award for playing as Chad and being the only person to escape.

Hahaha. Yeah something like this would be fun and cool.

Making it even SLIGHTLY serious and competitive would poison the game.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
If they want to make this game even more like the movies: as a counselor, you should be able to have sex with another counselor using any of the beds in the cabins—but as soon as you start boning Jason gets an audio cue, plus you permanently show up on Sense.

if you're somehow able to survive after boning, you get a ton of points.

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 28, 2017

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Polo-Rican posted:

If they want to make this game even more like the movies: as a counselor, you should be able to have sex with another counselor using any of the beds in the cabins—but as soon as you start boning Jason gets an audio cue, plus you permanently show up on Sense.

if you're somehow able to survive after boning, you get a ton of points.

Introduce a doobie item that gives you a penalty to your stamina, adds a wavy effect to your vision, and the ensuing paranoia means that Jason's music has a chance to go off even when he's nowhere around, but you get an XP bonus at the end of the game.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Crappy Jack posted:

Introduce a doobie item that gives you a penalty to your stamina, adds a wavy effect to your vision, and the ensuing paranoia means that Jason's music has a chance to go off even when he's nowhere around, but you get an XP bonus at the end of the game.

Also introduce the "gram of coke" item, which when used boosts your stamina but makes your screen jitter and increases the difficulty of repair and operation actions. It also adds several lines of dialogue with others about feeling loving fantastic, and when Jason shows up it makes you poo poo-talk him. It also noticably shrinks your summer of '84 trunk bulge.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Something that could've worked (not now because they'd have to redo the whole game from the ground up) would have been to cut out that Jason intro in the beginning, and instead everything is totally calm until Jason shows up. You could perform actions to get bonus XP, like screwing in the cabins or skinny dipping. The longer you do it, the more points you get and the more points subtracted from Jason's score.

So... if Jason appears in front of any counselor, that ends their chances to do any activities for bonus XP. They're now in "freakout" mode, and any counselor they come across from that point on will also go into freakout mode and forfeit any future activity points. And of course, if Jason successfully kills a counselor who's doing an activity he gets a huge XP boost.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

King Vidiot posted:

Something that could've worked (not now because they'd have to redo the whole game from the ground up) would have been to cut out that Jason intro in the beginning, and instead everything is totally calm until Jason shows up. You could perform actions to get bonus XP, like screwing in the cabins or skinny dipping. The longer you do it, the more points you get and the more points subtracted from Jason's score.

So... if Jason appears in front of any counselor, that ends their chances to do any activities for bonus XP. They're now in "freakout" mode, and any counselor they come across from that point on will also go into freakout mode and forfeit any future activity points. And of course, if Jason successfully kills a counselor who's doing an activity he gets a huge XP boost.

This would be great.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

This is basically what the single player stuff is supposed to be, except you're playing Jason as he picks off unsuspecting counselors.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I'm just imagining how awkward it'd be to be a newbie to the game, sheepishly asking other random strangers if they want to bone on the beach.

It'd be like reliving your first time, every time.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

Yes!!!!!!!!!! Somebody print this post out and bring it to the developers.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

It'd also be a balancing act for Jason, like do you want to go set up traps first and ignore the counselors or do you want to get those counselors for that XP bonus early on?

I do agree though that the counselors who do activities need to be highlighted red from a long ways away, otherwise they could find the furthest spot and just farm XP. There'd maybe need to be an upper limit on how much XP you can get, and/or have the rate be fairly slow.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Want to stop those lousy kids from grinding for xp :heysexy:

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Drunken Baker posted:

Hahaha. Yeah something like this would be fun and cool.

Making it even SLIGHTLY serious and competitive would poison the game.

Yeah, pretty much everything that isn't great about the game is already about people who take it way more serious than they should (glitching, quitting before dying, triple trapping objectives, etc).

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Triple-trapping objectives is just what Jason "Baghead" Bighetti does though. It's the only thing he's good at!

I agree though that exploits need to be addressed somehow, as infrequently as it happens it's still really annoying when counselors go out of their way to bypass traps so they can fix cars and phones undetected.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'll never understand people quitting before the dying animation is over. Hell one time I had to use the washroom but realized too late that I was the host, so I ran around to find Jason and let him kill me rather than disconnect and dump everyone.

Go figure I came back as Tommy, but I managed to rescue the four-seater while it was being attacked :v: It's a video game, and not even a competitive one. These guys don't even gain anything from being lovely.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

King Vidiot posted:

The only "ranks" I'd accept would be like those useless Goldeneye awards you'd get at the end of a match in multiplayer. It could be stuff like the "Where's the Car?!" award for escaping from a time over after both vehicles have escaped, or a "Pinch Hitter" award for hitting Jason the most times. "The Chaddest Chad" award for playing as Chad and being the only person to escape.

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/913129958503002112

Yet another teaser for part IV.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

Should counselors be able to defuse Jason traps? If traps could be defused with minigames, "smart" counselors like LaChappa would be dramatically more valuable. To balance it out, you could have traps be even harder to visually spot, you could increase their damage, and you could make it so that if you mess up the minigame the trap gets set off.

I think this would make traps a lot more fun... if you saw a bunch of traps near a car, you'd still hesitate to approach just like you do now... but at least you'd have some fun options besides "just taking the damage" and "forgetting the whole thing," especially if you're a counselor with bad repair stats.

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 28, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Polo-Rican posted:

Should counselors be able to defuse Jason traps? If traps could be defused with minigames, "smart" counselors like LaChappa would be dramatically more valuable. To balance it out, you could have traps be even harder to visually spot, you could increase their damage, and you could make it so that if you mess up the minigame the trap gets set off.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like Dead by Daylight, where Jason can pick up his used bear traps again. Let counselors sacrifice a weapon to loudly set one off, or let them try a minigame to silently sabotage the trap and silently render it unusable. Sacrificing a pocket knife to trigger a trap sucks rear end. Plus it gives bear traps more use than throw around the phone box/car and then forget they're a thing.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

Danaru posted:

Sacrificing a pocket knife to trigger a trap sucks rear end

I'm level 31 and never even knew you could do this / have never seen another player do this!!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Polo-Rican posted:

I'm level 31 and never even knew you could do this / have never seen another player do this!!

I didn't know forever until Jason put a trap in front of the car, and someone playing Deborah holding the battery told me. Teamwork makes the dream work :v: Also Jason immediately came over and killed me while I was protecting her since I didn't have a pocket knife anymore, that part was less cool

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Polo-Rican posted:

I think this would make traps a lot more fun... if you saw a bunch of traps near a car, you'd still hesitate to approach just like you do now... but at least you'd have some fun options besides "just taking the damage" and "forgetting the whole thing," especially if you're a counselor with bad repair stats.

Yeah, I would love this system, personally. Like you said, keep the risk of setting it off when you try to disarm it. Three traps on a phone box? That means you have to do three separate QTEs to get to it safely, any one of which could go off with a bad button press, leaving you trapped and injured while Jason knows exactly where you are. Much better than the knife system, which, again, just means 9 times out of 10 that I think "Well, guess we're just not repairing the phones this game".

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Well I had this happen in a game last night.

Everyone seemed to call an unofficial truce because they were laughing too hard to flee or kill.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
The common request is that the 'Tree Branch' item should have an additional use where it can be 'dropped' on to a trap to defuse it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Was this a misquote, nothing in my post was about Part IV Jason :confused:

But that ugly mug does remind me, the final part of my Part 3 Jason costume came in the mail today, it was this mask: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CWMLF16/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And it looks even more like Jason in-person than in the pictures, and nobody can convince me that it's not meant to be an unofficial bootleg Jason mask. The eye droop, the teeth and the head shape are just too perfect. Word of warning if you want to get it though, the neck hole is really tight. I split mine up the back to get it on, but once it's on the back closes up fine with the hockey mask over it. Also I cut out the droopy eye because it's even with the other eye hole anyways and it's way easier to see out of that way.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

The common request is that the 'Tree Branch' item should have an additional use where it can be 'dropped' on to a trap to defuse it.

That'd make sense, maybe with the caveat that it breaks the tree branch instantly and also counts as a normal set-off so Jason will hear it and see it marked. You just won't take any damage or have to escape from it. Also the two-by-four would work just as well.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Participated in a successful Jason kill today, it was fun! It was in a public match too, with people I didn't know. He got knocked down so many times and his mask came off, and we had a Tommy and two girls left, so we decided to go for the kill. The three of us hid in the Pamela shack and poor Jason walked right into it and got sweater'd, beaten up, and finally macheted in the face by Tommy. The only thing that sucks is that you have to actually be the one killing him to get the achievement, so I only got the badge and XP. Still neat!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Polo-Rican posted:

That's because it's a waste of the best item in the game.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Regrettable posted:

That's because it's a waste of the best item in the game.

Pretty much. But if you don't have thick skin you're going to eat poo poo on the trap.

I've noticed that trapping the car door doesn't work. I've opened the driver side door with a trap right in the area but the enter car animation seems to override it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well it was a waste.

For us Power Goons, we'd just march into traps. it'd take at least two to cripple us, meaning triple trapping poo poo was actually very important

Now with the downfall of thick skin, the game changes

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Queering Wheel posted:

The only thing that sucks is that you have to actually be the one killing him to get the achievement, so I only got the badge and XP. Still neat!

I had the opposite problem. I killed him, the achievement popped, but this was in the early Xbox days so EVERYTHING was bugged and I didn't get the badge.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nutsngum posted:

But on the other hand it would actually be good and improve the game. Tough choices!

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Did they force the removal of the grandfathered thick skins yet? Asking for a friend.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
I don't think so, but instead they nerfed thick skinned outright so it only lessens damage from Jason's attacks (?)

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Is it just me, or does this Jason look a little bit like Jonathan Banks (Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul) ?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Hockles posted:

Is it just me, or does this Jason look a little bit like Jonathan Banks (Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul) ?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Did they force the removal of the grandfathered thick skins yet? Asking for a friend.

I think the grandfathered perks are simply nonfunctional at this point. I noticed the other day that I went straight to hurt with one trap on AJ, which shouldn't happen even with a bad thick skin. Upon investigation, I found that the little red check mark from a perk that was in use wasn't there on thick skin and ONLY thick skin, and I could not get it to show up no matter what I did.

A new, inferior copy of thick skin I've rolled since then equips and works fine.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 29, 2017

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Coolguye posted:

I think the grandfathered perks are simply nonfunctional at this point. I noticed the other day that I went straight to hurt with one trap on AJ, which shouldn't happen even with a bad thick skin. Upon investigation, I found that the little red check mark from a perk that was in use wasn't there on thick skin and ONLY thick skin, and I could not get it to show up no matter what I did.

A new, inferior copy of thick skin ice rolled since then equips and works fine.

Good. Noticed a lot of people who complain about people not trying to do cool kills or who complain about using bodyblocking traps also happen to have un-nerfed thick skin perks.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I finally got this... You can't remap controls?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Hockles posted:

He definitely has the ears.

• Locked thread