Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Looks like water going down a toilet, which makes sense i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

These are so much better than that awful I STATE logo they've been using. Cyclone is a cool nickname! Stop trying to be birds instead.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

fuuuuuuck yeah

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

This rules. Go a weird toothed bird in a tornado.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Of course, being 35/a total dorkwad, I just see

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mr. World posted:

This rules. Go a weird toothed bird in a tornado.

Bird in a Blender is the preferred nomenclature

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

What game's on tonight?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
GDT up.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Going to Madison for the Iowa game in November. Tell me everything I need to know

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Real Name Grover posted:

One of Michigan's natural rivals

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Real Name Grover posted:

oh my loving god

That rang a bell real deep in my head and I have no idea from where.

Edit: I also am 35 and a dorkwad.

...are you me?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

mdemone posted:

oh my loving god

That rang a bell real deep in my head and I have no idea from where.

Edit: I also am 35 and a dorkwad.

...are you me?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_One_Television

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mathnet was my jam

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Real Name Grover posted:

I am also 35 and a total dorkwad. Is this the epiphany where we realize that we're just a single hivemind?

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

this is me

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Holy poo poo, I had no idea Math Man wore a Michigan helmet

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Komet posted:

Holy poo poo, I had no idea Math Man wore a Michigan helmet

The creators of the show were Michigan grads. There were also other Michigan related segments, like figuring out how many ping pong balls are needed to fill Michigan Stadium.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I hope Nick Chubb runs for 200 yards on like 7 carries and causes Butch to stroke out right on the sidelines. I hope we humiliate Tennessee's fanbase that they leave by half time. I hope we demoralize Tennessee's players so much that they just cancel the rest of the football season. I hope we dunk on them so hard, the athletic department tears the stadium down and salts the earth. I hope that we can turn Tennessee football into a memory of a memory, something spoken of in hushed tones for it is too painful and embarrassing to speak of. I hope the citizens of Tennessee build effigies of Payton only to burn them in sacrifice, hoping it will keep rivals away. I wish death and destruction on Tennessee.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

KKKLIP ART posted:

I hope Nick Chubb runs for 200 yards on like 7 carries and causes Butch to stroke out right on the sidelines. I hope we humiliate Tennessee's fanbase that they leave by half time. I hope we demoralize Tennessee's players so much that they just cancel the rest of the football season. I hope we dunk on them so hard, the athletic department tears the stadium down and salts the earth. I hope that we can turn Tennessee football into a memory of a memory, something spoken of in hushed tones for it is too painful and embarrassing to speak of. I hope the citizens of Tennessee build effigies of Payton only to burn them in sacrifice, hoping it will keep rivals away. I wish death and destruction on Tennessee.

It's a shame we already have a game day thread title cause this would have been perfect.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
tennessee brought in a trash can mascot after a rival made a meme of their stadium looking like a garbage worker convention

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Raku posted:

tennessee brought in a trash can mascot after a rival made a meme of their stadium looking like a garbage worker convention

I vaguely remember watching 2 games last week with trash cans-as-motivational-devices on the sidelines. One was A&M/Arky, I think. Forgot the other one.

At least fulfill the stereotype & add ice/beer keg.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I vaguely remember watching 2 games last week with trash cans-as-motivational-devices on the sidelines. One was A&M/Arky, I think. Forgot the other one.

At least fulfill the stereotype & add ice/beer keg.

i don't know if espn would air buttchugging on the sideline

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

AsInHowe posted:

The creators of the show were Michigan grads. There were also other Michigan related segments, like figuring out how many ping pong balls are needed to fill Michigan Stadium.

No wonder Jim Harbaugh feels so at home there

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Raku posted:

i don't know if espn would air buttchugging on the sideline

Solid callback :golfclap:

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Raku posted:

wearing that ugly-rear end orange will do that

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

Like half of this has already *Chubbs leg falls off* oh..

Raku posted:

Garbage worker convention joke was a thing before memes existed. It was the apex meme.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It'll be fun watching Tom Herman make exactly the same mistake Charlie Strong did.

Year 1: Offense clearly sucks, but hey David Ash all the offensive line is injured, so let's give the OC the benefit of the doubt.

Year 2: Oh gently caress, we regressed in the offseason because the OC is terrible. Install a caretaker for the rest of the year.

Year 3: Time to start a whole new offensive syst...oh I'm fired huh?

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Sep 29, 2017

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

At least the defense seems alright. But yeah he needs to use that mensa brain of his to fire that inept gently caress Tim beck

E- college coach loyalty is such an impediment to rational decisions. Poo

E2- oh and they definitely missed that targeting on that dude who clobbered Shane in the head

buddhanc fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Sep 29, 2017

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Friendly reminder that MSU is a 3.5 point favorite against Iowa, so feel free to bet your mortgage on us having three turnovers and losing by a 9-21 point margin.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Does he repaint his car every week, or is he really into the UF-UK rivalry?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Going to Madison for the Iowa game in November. Tell me everything I need to know

Gladly! First off, mid-November in Wisconsin could be 25 or 55 degrees... on the same day. Prep accordingly.
Regent Street is the south 'border' of campus, and is where most of the heavy bar gameday activity is, with parking lots converted to beer gardens. If I ended up there, I'd prefer Jordan's Big 10 Pub but they're all pretty much the same. For food, if it's before an 11 AM kick Greenbush Donuts are some of the best I've ever had. OSS is a specialty bratwurst place that's pretty good, and has a good beer selection with TV's. Last time I went after FAU it wasn't crowded, which was great. Just north of Regent by the stadium is Union South and Engineering Mall, which are the official UW tailgates. Union South has a giant capacity, beers, food, and a couple mobile bloody mary carts. The band plays an hour before kickoff, and that's pretty well attended.

Walking up Park Street from Regent will take you to State Street, and Memorial Union. It's almost 90 years old, and just completed some major renovations. The sunburst chairs might not be out, but it's worth checking. The bars closest to Memorial Union / campus are mostly packed with college students. City Bar is my favorite place to go, the food is outstanding bar food and they infuse their own strawberry vodka. Plus, if you want a specific game and it's not too busy the manager will put it on a TV for you. Vintage is the other place by there that's I can recommend, they brew their own beer and it's very good. Further down, Plaza Bar is cash-only but will serve half-pitchers to drink out of so it's a drat good time. Closer to the Capital Square, The Old Fashioned is just about all my friends and mine favorite restaurant in the city. Excellent cheese curds, amazing Wisconsin beer selection (50 taps, over 100 more in bottles), excellent cocktails. Unfortunately, it's everyone else's favorite restaurant as well - it's busy all day. Still worth looking into, unless you're with a huge group. A few blocks more and you'll be at the Essen Haus / Come Back In, where you can drink boots of beer, polka, and watch a ton of games all in their two connect bars.

For drunk food, Ians Pizza is the traditional pizza-by-the-slice with weird toppings. They have two locations, 100 State by the Square and on Lake by Vintage closer to campus. I'm very partial to Parthenon Gyros, by the Plaza. If you're feeling incredibly classy, the Tornado Room just off the square has a late-night menu from 10-1. Tornado's dinner service is the traditional steakhouse with multiple courses and $33 entrees, but their late night has the same amazing food for $10.

Drink New Glarus and Ale Asylum whenever possible.

Feel free to drop me a PM or email my username @ Gmail for recommendations closer to where your staying or if you're looking for something in particular.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Chump Farts posted:

Friendly reminder that MSU is a 3.5 point favorite against Iowa, so feel free to bet your mortgage on us having three turnovers and losing by a 9-21 point margin.

Hell no. There were a bunch of spreads I thought were completely backwards last week (dogs that should have been favored) and every single one covered. This is one of those "Vegas knows something" lines.

Blatzmobile
Nov 1, 2012

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Joey Freshwater posted:

You are going to get sloppy drunk, have a good time, and watch your team lose.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Who is the offensive equivalent of Greg Robinson and how to we get him to rise from the ashes and create a miraculous midseason turnaround in Austin?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thermos H Christ posted:

Who is the offensive equivalent of Greg Robinson and how to we get him to rise from the ashes and create a miraculous midseason turnaround in Austin?

Greg Davis maybe?

I guess he kind of piddled out and failed at Texas instead of just failing everyone else in the world, so maybe that doesn't really fit.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blatzmobile posted:

You are going to get sloppy drunk, have a good time, and watch your team lose.

Good news Tennessee plays Mizzou that day!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Chump Farts posted:

Y'all are overeating to the ND game, you aren't that bad. Iowa/MSU games are always like 19-17, I expect this to be the same

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Good news Tennessee plays Mizzou that day!

:argh:

:smith:

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/igd_news/status/913648884668260352

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob