Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I just listened to Justin doing a rant about how awful it is to eat vegetables on the PUBG review update and I was going, wait, aren't you the guy who's essentially on a veg-only diet?

Anyway, people who don't like the entire vegetable family are sheltered nerdlords and should be ashamed.

He's on a low carb diet that's heavy on proteins and uses beans as the major starch.

Each of the McElroys is pretty on the record as having terrible eating habits. They did an entire episode on pizza rolls, afterall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Justin stopped eating fruit once because he was worried about the sugar in them. He has a weird relationship to food that seems to land him in a different fad diet every year.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Justin also has an entire video series dedicated to trying new packaged snack foods from a gas station (that you should watch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXnHfybQzHk

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is Polygon like a Forbes where there is a core group of writers + online personalities, but they also have "contributors" who can be literally anyone?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Is Polygon like a Forbes where there is a core group of writers + online personalities, but they also have "contributors" who can be literally anyone?

Think so. Our forums own slowbeef has written one or two articles for them.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Griffin just retweeted an excellent Awful Squad Trailer by Joss Hendren. It really emphasizes the brutal, gritty, no-nonsense nature of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yxaKeRRypo

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Not Operator posted:

Justin stopped eating fruit once because he was worried about the sugar in them. He has a weird relationship to food that seems to land him in a different fad diet every year.

This is a bad idea, no one should do this.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This is a bad idea, no one should do this.

Avoiding fruit or fad diets?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Guys, they did it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVEnrJeHtOs

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Games... Art?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Someone made a twitter worth following https://twitter.com/PolyGIFs

Also, HORSE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZHz1ZCykd4

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I'm working my way backward in the Polygon show but have also listened to episode 1, just in case. I find it really appealing that they never explicitly say "This is the Polygon show, and we're all women." It's just the Polygon show with Polygon hosts, and they don't need to call out how unusual it is to have a four-gamer podcast that's all-female.

I am a woman, and I (think) I can perceive the ways in which they talk with each other that are different than the way mixed-sex or all-male groups talk, but it pleases me that they're treating "all-woman" as no more unusual than "all-man".

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
listening to the latest besties, i know i'm awful but hearing russ talk about the 'problems' with xcom's design in comparison to Mario+Rabbids made me so angry I was shouting at the podcast on my way home. what part of '33% chance to hit' is a math problem? xcom 2 literally breaks down the percentage chance on each shot so you know what factors are in play. what do you mean reinforcements happen unexpectedly and gently caress up your plan? THEY ARE ANNOUNCED! WITH FLARES!

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.
i haven't been able to watch a polygon vid involving russ for more than ten seconds now since somebody posted here that he just sounds like a polite 12yo, i just can't deal with it

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Fauxbot posted:

i haven't been able to watch a polygon vid involving russ for more than ten seconds now since somebody posted here that he just sounds like a polite 12yo, i just can't deal with it

Real life TAZ Angus.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

Real life TAZ Angus.

How dare you

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Serf posted:

How dare you

Hello Sirs!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Russ is good at games just not PUBG.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Russ' specialty is pretty obviously platformers. He can be funny, occasionally, but not on his own. Overall, I like Russ.

Wasabi the J posted:

Real life TAZ Angus.

I don't think Angus would ever purposefully pilot one of the bureau pods into a bale of hay or anything, so not quite.

Serf
May 5, 2011

well why not posted:

Russ has yet to be good at anything other than presumably plugging in the cables to get the streams going.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Russ was very good at Seplunkey, and is ostensibly pretty good at Cuphead.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

He's got a bit of a knack at the Sisyphean hammer climbing game he streamed with Plante today too.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PolyGIFs/status/913795512154951686

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I'm working my way backward in the Polygon show but have also listened to episode 1, just in case. I find it really appealing that they never explicitly say "This is the Polygon show, and we're all women." It's just the Polygon show with Polygon hosts, and they don't need to call out how unusual it is to have a four-gamer podcast that's all-female.

I am a woman, and I (think) I can perceive the ways in which they talk with each other that are different than the way mixed-sex or all-male groups talk, but it pleases me that they're treating "all-woman" as no more unusual than "all-man".

Yeah, I appreciate this too. Which reminds me, the thread title kinda bugs me even though I know it was just thought up on the spur of the moment and it's a McElroy thing, but Polygon feels like one of the very few gaming-oriented places on the internet that isn't home of boys (and girls). It's just boys and girls and sometimes four of them host a flagship podcast together with 0 fanfare.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Organza Quiz posted:

Yeah, I appreciate this too. Which reminds me, the thread title kinda bugs me even though I know it was just thought up on the spur of the moment and it's a McElroy thing, but Polygon feels like one of the very few gaming-oriented places on the internet that isn't home of boys (and girls). It's just boys and girls and sometimes four of them host a flagship podcast together with 0 fanfare.

Yeah I know, it's bothered me too. Like you say though, I was under some pressure to get the thread up somewhat quickly and the title just stuck.

I'm definitely open to a thread title change. Any suggestions?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

something that dissuades people coming in to solely poo poo on the site

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

well why not posted:

something that dissuades people coming in to solely poo poo on the site
that happened for a grand total of 4 posts a month ago i dont think this thread is under siege

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

The Polygon Thread: We Only Read Everything but The Articles

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
The Polygon Thread: A Very Good Toad

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

The Polygon Thread: Heheueh hueehueehuee ahhahhah! *snort*

edit: For real though, I like "everything but the articles" a lot.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
The Polygon Thread: Mourning the Loss of Coke Zero

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Ariong posted:

Polygon: Good videos and articles

Beard Yawn posted:

The Polygon Thread: A Very Good Toad

https://twitter.com/Pizza_Suplex/status/884884772744572928

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

well why not posted:

Excuse me, but Russ is responsible for their only squad win so he is the best PUBG player.

:dealwithit:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Regrettable posted:

Excuse me, but Russ is responsible for their only squad win so he is the best PUBG player.

:dealwithit:

He's also caused a fully-party wipe by driving into a bale of hay, so don't go giving him too much credit too easily.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

SpacePig posted:

He's also caused a fully-party wipe by driving into a bale of hay, so don't go giving him too much credit too easily.

I'm not seeing a problem here.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

Ariong posted:

This is genius.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Tara Long shows up in Epic Meal Time - The Ostrich Nest.

The ending joke is "next time, we eat tiny worms". Weird.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
PUBG live right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGcMIDDChng

Griffin's the streamer today, so pretty entertaining this time so far. The thumbnail says something about car jousting but I must have joined after that ended (or maybe it's coming up after this, idk)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

well why not posted:

Tara Long shows up in Epic Meal Time - The Ostrich Nest.

The ending joke is "next time, we eat tiny worms". Weird.

knowing there are maggots in the pile of food is maybe the least offensive thing about this video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
ALSO there's a new Monster Factory on FB, apparently the last one of this mini FB episode series.

https://www.facebook.com/MonsterFactoryPresents/videos/1241049436000487/

I know what you're thinking. It's not Shrek