Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

American Ptatriot Unchained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Joementum posted:

:agreed: nobody should join the armed forces. in fact, we should prohibit people from doing this.

perhaps a constitutional amendment is in order!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

has triple sulk said trump today yet

trump

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Serf
May 5, 2011

brugroffil posted:

describing anything that isn't explicitly leftist as conservative is sort of serf's thing

sorry i can't stop being right about things

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Serf posted:

welcome to yesterday

quote:

Economic advisor Gary Cohn told reporters on Thursday that a typical four-person American family bringing in $100,000 a year would save $1,000 under the Republicans' proposed tax reform effort, which they could use to pay for a new car or a kitchen.

The average 6 figure family. Bananas cost 10 dollars right.

quote:

A comprehensive study released today suggests how many missing votes can be attributed to the new law. Researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison surveyed registered voters who didn’t cast a 2016 ballot in the state’s two biggest counties—Milwaukee and Dane, which is home to Madison. More than 1 out of 10 nonvoters (11.2 percent) said they lacked acceptable voter ID and cited the law as a reason why they didn’t vote; 6.4 percent of respondents said the voter ID law was the “main reason” they didn’t vote.

Trump won Wisconsin by 22K votes....

quote:

The Congressional Research Service published a paper in 2012 that found no correlation between top tax rates and economic growth. Congressional Republicans protested the findings, and the service briefly withdrew the paper.

Republicans argued that the CRS paper had methodological errors, namely that it didn't account for the long-term benefits of tax rate cuts. The paper looked only at effects on growth within the first year of the cuts.

POLITICO looked at each time the country changed the top income tax rate and the following five years of GDP per capita growth rate. The results are similar to the CRS findings: changing the top income tax rate does not have a predictable effect on economic growth.

duh

quote:

In June, Price defended a proposed budget for HHS that included a $663,000 cut to the agency’s $4.9 million annual spending on travel, or roughly 15 percent. “The budgeting process is an exercise in reforming our federal programs to make sure they actually work — so they do their job and use tax dollars wisely,” Price testified in front of the Senate Finance Committee on June 8.

Nonetheless, his travel tab has exceeded $1 million when accounting for both the overseas trips and the more than two dozen trips he has taken on private planes domestically since May.

lol

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

prussia and saxony...bad???

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

GobiasIndustries posted:

lame.

shoulda gone with the bat version

celebrity endorsements might affect your thought processes! not mine!

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
nobody should go to west texas

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

the highest pay in there is $186,998.40/year. there are 8766 hours in a year

thats $21/hr

hosed up

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

brugroffil posted:

I admittedly didn't put much thought into that post but it was my initial reaction to seeing the "we give you room and board!" argument

Maybe a better comparison to it being a lovely argument is when people use it to justify people making billions off of unpaid college athlete labor because they get a free* education**

*usually doesn't cover nearly enough and they can't even so much as get a part time job thanks to NCAA rules. also can lose scholarship at any moment.
**coaches control what classes they can take and what their major is

fart

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

"People that don't share my political opinions hate having fun, and they hate movies and music nearly everyone agrees are good" -- someone sharing political opinions on the Internet instead of watching movies

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Serf posted:

sorry i can't stop being right about things

typical bromentum left

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

dude thats some bullshit these blm folks

They may not be the best folks, folks

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

triple sulk posted:

no country is a loving great film and that year having it and there will be blood was too good of a year for us to deserve

assassination of jesse james was the best movie that year tho

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

washington

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

brugroffil posted:

perhaps a constitutional amendment is in order!

not necessary! the constitution already states that the military can't exist for more than two years.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

adams

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

mormonpartyboat posted:

htanks 2 our trops for fighting fro this forum and scpsam specifcially !!!!

nothing but respect for MY president

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
it's happening

https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/status/913512429841211392

https://twitter.com/Leftslide/status/913683734825771008

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
gonna breathe my halitosis on all the libs

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

jefferson

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
he doesn't stop tho

hes extremely online and extremely not mad

https://twitter.com/Daniel_Sugarman/status/913498340981174274

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

punchymcpunch posted:

ya that happened to me too but i told my friend to eat poo poo im 2d 4 lyf. in retrospect i was being a little harsh.

ya i didn't say anything cause said bff is the epitome of an absent minded genius and besides they had invited me down 2 hang all weekend...

Serf
May 5, 2011

Shageletic posted:

The average 6 figure family. Bananas cost 10 dollars right.

Trump won Wisconsin by 22K votes....

duh

lol

my family makes about half of that, give or take. two parents who work full-time jobs. my dad works 6 days a week for 12-13 hours a day and pulls down in the 30k range

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

some other dudes

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

mormonpartyboat posted:

the highest pay in there is $186,998.40/year. there are 8766 hours in a year

thats $21/hr

hosed up

lol @ counting sleep as working

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

second of all, maybe if air were polluted enough that clean air were a commonly bought and sold commodity, nationalizing it wouldn't be crazy?

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
Remember when the most common pop cultural references to Donald Trump were quips about his comb-over?

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Al! posted:

its friday motherfuckers

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Al! posted:

its friday motherfuckers

hell yeah

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

owns

friday ed balls :cheers:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

brugroffil posted:

excuse me just classify that as "managerial class" work and now you don't have to get paid overtime, bing bing bong bong bing still make more than statutory minimum wage!

i think they're actually classified as "learned professionals" for OT exemption

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lastgirl posted:

he doesn't stop tho

lmao monopoly is a leftist game that shows the horrors of capitalism

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lastgirl posted:

he doesn't stop tho

https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/913754480734343168
https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/913756644856729601

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

its friday motherfuckers

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

mormonpartyboat posted:

assassination of jesse james was the best movie that year tho

a gorgeous movie that moved so slowly i thought id inhaled fentanyl

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Need to send this message out to the world like in the end of Independence day. Then we get a cool montage of banks around the world filled with raccoons and people dancing in the streets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

punchymcpunch posted:

a gorgeous movie that moved so slowly i thought id inhaled fentanyl

yeah

it owns

• Locked thread