Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lol ikr at least drink it bi :wink:

:rznv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah boy. Used to make a point to have a sixer of this in my fridge for a while.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

ive got a record high for you

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

cumshitter posted:

its the #1 argument for trump supporters that the economy is doing good and lol

They also point to job numbers that are now amazing because Fox says so even though they haven't changed at all between now and the last 6 years

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lmao

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Acelerion posted:

You dont like properly made martinis?

gently caress no

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Shageletic posted:

Equifax is a plague that will never go away.

I think they're currently charging people to "freeze" their credit score so that hackers don't ruin it.

no theyre doing a thing where you can lock your credit for new financing with an app. so like you can go to a car dealership, unlock your credit report, run the credit and see if you get approved

its free for life for anyone affected by teh hack but if you get it equifax gets the right to sell your personal information forever lol

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

ive got a record high for you

if a rorqual could mine and compress weed like it could veldspar, it'd look like this.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Louisgod posted:

all millenials need therapy.

Everyone should cognitive behavioral therapy you mean.
Unbreak every brain in America

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Shageletic posted:

Equifax is a plague that will never go away.

I think they're currently charging people to "freeze" their credit score so that hackers don't ruin it.

iirc it's a year of free credit monitoring (that you have to enter a credit card for and they will auto bill you for another year once it's up) and you waive your right to be part of any class action law suit against them by signing up for it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mister magpie posted:

who the gently caress drinks gin straight

this used to be my drink of choice and now if i drink any alcohol at all i might die

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Bannon is Magus. He thought he was controlling the monster. How wrong he was.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zegermans posted:

I'll never understand the appeal of liquor. I get that they all have differences in their flavoring, but the sting of ethanol always overwhelms it for me. To me it just comes across as a fake thing alcoholics get snobby about to justify their illness.

if you keep drinking it it tastes good

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Acelerion posted:

dont forget the cocktail onion

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/nabaehahaha/status/913454056802275329

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

demand's dyin' cloud

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

thats a gibson bby ;)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Al! posted:

this used to be my drink of choice and now if i drink any alcohol at all i might die

can you at least smoke weed?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

cumshitter posted:

no theyre doing a thing where you can lock your credit for new financing with an app. so like you can go to a car dealership, unlock your credit report, run the credit and see if you get approved

its free for life for anyone affected by teh hack but if you get it equifax gets the right to sell your personal information forever lol

don't they do that anyway

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

this is the dumbest poo poo. russia's been trolling the US about civil rights for 100 years.

On that topic, this is a real good book and probs my next book purchase:

quote:

Many courageous activists were communists. Host Michel Martin speaks with historian Robin Kelley about his book "Hammer and Hoe: Alabama Communists During the Great Depression" about how the communist party tried to secure racial, economic, and political reforms.

quote:

Prof. KELLEY: Exactly. But his real name was Ned Cobb. Nate Shaw was a pseudonym. And its a beautiful book that tells his life story and only a portion of it deals with his membership in the communist-led sharecroppers union, which at one point had about 12,000 members in the black belt counties of Alabama.

MARTIN: And were all the members black?

Prof. KELLEY: Well, in Alabama, there was a point when basically all the members, except one, were all African-American sharecroppers and tenant farmers.

MARTIN: How did the Communist Party gets started in Alabama?

Prof. KELLEY: In 1928, the communist position internationally was that African-Americans in the South have the right to self-determination. Meaning: they have the right to create their own nation in the South. In this position that came out of Moscow, it came from other black communists around the globe.

And with that idea in mind, they sent two organizers to Alabama and they went to Birmingham. And they chose Birmingham because it was probably the most industrialized city in the South. And they went there thinking they would organize white workers. And from white workers, black workers would follow. But no white workers had come forward.

And so, the first two organizers was a guy named James Julio(ph), who was a Sicilian worker who had migrated to Alabama, and another guy named Tom Johnson(ph), and together they went out looking for white workers and black workers came.

And black workers came in fairly large numbers right away because to them, they had a memory of reconstruction, the memory of the Civil War. And in that kind of collective memory, they were told that one day the Yankees will come back and finish the fight. Well, when they saw these white communists, they said, oh, good, the Yankees are here. We cant wait to join.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123771194

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Louisgod posted:

can you at least smoke weed?

my blood stream is like 25% thc now

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

zegermans posted:

I'll never understand the appeal of liquor. I get that they all have differences in their flavoring, but the sting of ethanol always overwhelms it for me. To me it just comes across as a fake thing alcoholics get snobby about to justify their illness.

oh my god look at this fukken post

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Majorian posted:

Bannon is Magus. He thought he was controlling the monster. How wrong he was.

lol

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

my number of visits to Cracker Barrel with grandpa have dropped bigly in the age of trump

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

mister magpie posted:

gently caress no

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

zegermans posted:

yeh i feel the same way about people who claim to like anything i dont like

theyre phoneys

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

punchymcpunch posted:

Isn't that a gibson?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

They are making them give up their passports to get off the island. It's a short trip from that to "oops we lost them" and "now you can't prove you're a citizen"

this appears to have been FAKE NEWS

http://www.snopes.com/is-the-trump-administration-puerto-rico-evacuees/

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/AlexanderEmmons/status/913789329033613317

o7

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

don't they do that anyway

sort of. i used to work in lending and maybe youre thinking of credit soft pulls? thats typically when a bank or something checks your credit and then says "ok this guy qualifies for our Mastercard Platinum Pauper/BoA Constrictor Card/etc." and then sends you credit card applciations. its different from a hard pull and doesnt show up on your credit report

thats a bit different because you at least have a relationship with your bank

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

suddenly im remembering that gal who tweeted that moby used to sniff her neck

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

zegermans posted:

lol

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Al! posted:

my blood stream is like 25% thc now
endocannabinoids << Indo Cannabinoids :whatup:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zegermand I read the entire post and I may have to report it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

oh my god look at this fukken post

thank god Loogs isn't IK anymore

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

Acelerion posted:

earlier this week I ordered a martini where they leave the shaker cup there and after like 3 sips from the fancy glass i just started drinking it straight from the shaker cup

people said it was cool but i suspect i was looked down upon for this decision

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

zegermans posted:

someone give this square a sixer

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm reporting that post to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/SouthLALASD/status/913803943494295553

• Locked thread