Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Looks like the EU version of the most recent Amazon outfit campaign is out. Now you too can ride a cloud.

https://www.shopto.net/microsite/in-game-campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Does that work for NA players? I never got the cloud because I started late. :(

Also, how do I make money in this game? I keep trying to level up my crafters to make money, but I need HQ items to do that. And to get HQ items, I have to buy them from MB because my skills are poo poo at low level. But buying from MB costs a lot of money and I only have 590,000 gil left. :negative:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Crafting is generally going to be a net loss until you get it to max level, and even then I'm not clear on exactly how you make money from it in a way that's worthwhile vs just selling gathering mats

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Does that work for NA players? I never got the cloud because I started late. :(

Also, how do I make money in this game? I keep trying to level up my crafters to make money, but I need HQ items to do that. And to get HQ items, I have to buy them from MB because my skills are poo poo at low level. But buying from MB costs a lot of money and I only have 590,000 gil left. :negative:

Buy vendor items and gouge the gently caress out of people. Seriously, if you can find something, it prints money. I can sell a 19k gil item for at least 74k, depending on the market that day. It's not what people do to make a metric poo poo ton, but it'll give you a seed fund.

Unrelated, so we can't just take our squadron into any 4 man? Aww.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Unrelated, so we can't just take our squadron into any 4 man? Aww.

They need time to make the NPCs not completely gently caress up any non-standard mechanic I assume.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Crafting is a losing proposition. I made most of my money on the MB selling off HQ gear I got from the SB MSQ.

When the summer event was going on, a few enterprising goons made bank by cornering the popoto market and I made about 200k making stacks of the battered catfish and selling them on the MB.

Run dungeons, do your challenge log, find mats that have a decent ROI and either gather them yourself or send out your retainer, craft HQ variants of GC turn ins and sell them on the MB, etc. The game throws money at you, but you have to be smart about it.

E: also look for really dumb poo poo on the MB. Buy materia 4's that people put up for 500 gil and vendor them, etc.

Phone fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 29, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

And I imagine they don't want to completely eliminate any reason to use duty finder

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWBYwa-7IvY

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

They need time to make the NPCs not completely gently caress up any non-standard mechanic I assume.

I want to take my squadron into Temple of the Fist and marvel as they handle the second boss better than 75% of pubbies do.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Looking forward to my squadron tanks single pulling and healers with 0 dps.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
All these MCH changes got me excited

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I got my first retainer, and then did the quest to allow him to go on quests. I made him a conjurer since that's my class and outfitted him with hand me downs. Off he went on an adventure of some sort.

I noticed that I could have a second retainer so I wanted to find out what strategies people use with them. I have botanist, leatherworker and carpenter and intend to pick up pretty much all the gathering and crafting jobs since I enjoy noodling around with them. Should I make this next retainer a gatherer?

Also: reading all of your posts shows me that there's so much about this game I don't know.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

WrightOfWay posted:

Looking forward to my squadron tanks single pulling and healers with 0 dps.

Speaking of, was there any word about squadron buddies being able to take jobs instead of classes? Or will a every squadron have to have a conjurer for the times you aren't healing yourself?

E:^^^ There is little reason to have more than one fighty retainer, so make any further ones gatherers. All combat class retainers find the same stuff but botanist/miner/fishing retainers each bring back separate things.

Normally you have two retainers but you can buy additional ones from the Mogstation.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 29, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
btw one of the five squad dungeons is toto-rak

so enjoy that

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

btw one of the five squad dungeons is toto-rak

so enjoy that

I think I would trust AI partners more than I trust sprouts in that horrible place.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I just get Raging Ox for my squad and they let you glam your bros.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

So the thread advice is to make all my retainers and squad members Lalafells... got it. :thumbsup:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

I think I would trust AI partners more than I trust sprouts in that horrible place.

As long as the NPC tanks don't insist on full clears it's fine

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Totorok isn't a hard dungeon, I've never seen anyone fail anything there except occasionally walking past a Magitek Plot Device. It's just loving looong and ugly and tedious even in optimal conditions.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

unseenlibrarian posted:

Looks like the EU version of the most recent Amazon outfit campaign is out. Now you too can ride a cloud.

https://www.shopto.net/microsite/in-game-campaign

Ooh I'll have to get in on this because I want the armour. (The mount is OK too).

Site's dead right now, incidentally.

4.1 looks pretty middling for a patch honestly, but I might get a month purely to get in on the Ramzawagon.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

So the thread advice is to make all my retainers and squad members Lalafells Highladies and Femroes... got it. :thumbsup:

Fixed that for you :colbert:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Thundarr posted:

Speaking of, was there any word about squadron buddies being able to take jobs instead of classes? Or will a every squadron have to have a conjurer for the times you aren't healing yourself?

E:^^^ There is little reason to have more than one fighty retainer, so make any further ones gatherers. All combat class retainers find the same stuff but botanist/miner/fishing retainers each bring back separate things.

Normally you have two retainers but you can buy additional ones from the Mogstation.

This is all true. Do keep in mind that your retainers cannot be a higher level than you are in any given class, so you can't have a miner if all you've leveled is a fisher.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Oh man, this patch looks loving AWESOME

I don't know what the gently caress is going on in that PVP but it looks awesome as all get out

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Also, if you're leveling crafting, do the Ixal & Moogle Quests. Its slow, but the overall cost isn't that high.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i am darkness. i am the night

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

a kitten posted:

This is all true. Do keep in mind that your retainers cannot be a higher level than you are in any given class, so you can't have a miner if all you've leveled is a fisher.

Wait, so if I get to say L14 botany my retainer can't go beyond that? So if I want a certain level of gathering from a retainer I have to first achieve that myself?

That's not a problem for me but I want to make sure I understand.

Are they able to gather hidden items that you haven't revealed personally?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah. I leveled fishing just so my retainer could fish me up a Fat Cat because that's literally the only place they come from. Each gathering class has several things like that.

Quick ventures (maybe on combat classes only?) can bring in all sorts of rare poo poo including the fairly expensive jet black or pure white dyes for example. And a bunch or worthless junk too, don't get me wrong, you're not going to be pulling in millions all the time.

So yeah, pick jobs you've used and give them the hand me down gear and you'll be fine.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

Wait, so if I get to say L14 botany my retainer can't go beyond that? So if I want a certain level of gathering from a retainer I have to first achieve that myself?

That's not a problem for me but I want to make sure I understand.

Are they able to gather hidden items that you haven't revealed personally?

Correct. If you're a 14 BTN, then your BTN retainer will stay capped at 14 and won't earn any more exp until you level up too.

You have to have gathered something at least once yourself (it must be checked off in your Gathering Log) before you can send your retainer to gather it. They also can't just go get whatever you want; there's a pre-set list of items you can ask them to get.

There are also stat requirements at later levels; your retainer needs a certain amount of Gathering to undertake some ventures.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
ivalice non-human races

now i can die happy

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
What are the dungeons that squadrons can do? I missed the live letter thing.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
wait what happened to Diadem 2.0? where is it

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
>Bahamultimate Twintania auto-attacks for 25k (32k crit) on non-Tanks

Oh God.

>Twisters and stack mechanic happen at the same time

Oh God.

>Death Sentence hits for nearly 100k unmitigated and applies a Slashing debuff that makes his auto-attacks hit four times harder

Oh Go- well, no, that's just Partydad's Stormsplitter on steroids.

>Yoship says this is the only easy part of the fight(s), and it's right at the start

Oh God.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Sep 29, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Countblanc posted:

ivalice non-human races

now i can die happy

If we see a single Viera, people are going to lose their poo poo.

I hope we see some Ivalice style moogles.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Countblanc posted:

Its that big jenga tower in the Ruby Sea. That's where.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Rhonne posted:

If we see a single Viera, people are going to lose their poo poo.

I hope we see some Ivalice style moogles.

If we see a single viera, they're as good as confirmed playable in 5.0, if not sooner.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Countblanc posted:

its for the new relic so I'm guessing 4.15?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

SL the Pyro posted:

Oh God.

Oh God.

>Death Sentence hits for nearly 100k unmitigated and applies a Slashing debuff that makes his auto-attacks hit four times harder

>Yoship says this is the only easy part

Oh God.

It looks like you go Twin > Nael > Bahamut > Oh god all 3 of them are dive bombing at once. FUN :getin:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

homeless snail posted:

its for the new relic so I'm guessing 4.15?

Sounded like to me based on speed translations that they were aiming at 4.15 for Eureka but it got delayed to 4.2 because they're not good at making Diadem interesting, even if they start over from 0.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

SL the Pyro posted:

Oh God.

Oh God.

>Yoship says this is the only easy part of the fight(s), and it's right at the start

Oh God.

I'm so stoked that the devs are doing an honest-to-god balls-to-the-wall superboss. Kinda crazy that you need to beat O4S and have i340 before even attempting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SL the Pyro posted:

Oh God.

Oh God.

Oh God.

If it's possible at all it'll be downed within 48 hours of the patch dropping.

The question is if more than 5ish groups will clear it in the next month.