Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

iospace posted:

Three words:
Soldier Field Renovation.

yeah sorry, I noticed I should have added Unless you're a fan, before I saw this but yeah. sure.

But even that mostly falls under laughter at how badly they hosed it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Tomorrow, we have a chance to pull ahead in the all-time record for the Bears-Packers rivalry - for the first time since 1932.

Most of my childhood had the Bears demolishing the Packers, year in and year out. My bloodlust has not yet been satiated.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Dexo posted:

how the gently caress can you hate the Bears(unless you're a fan)

What in gods name have the Bears done in the last 20+ years to be worthy of having any emotion but apathy or laughter.

i didn;t until i moved to chicago and had to interact with Bears fans, and every single one is that guy from the Deadspin article trying to fight jaguars fans

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i didn;t until i moved to chicago and had to interact with Bears fans, and every single one is that guy from the Deadspin article trying to fight jaguars fans

Same. I lived in the burbs and the only reason I hated the bears were because of the stereotypical Shitka worshipping meatheads and radio hosts.

E: just saw the phone auto corrected ditka. I made an improvement. :colbert:

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 28, 2017

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

weird Asian candy posted:

Same. I lived in the burbs and the only reason I hated the bears were because of the stereotypical Sitka worshipping meatheads and radio hosts.

Bearanof Island lol

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Abugadu posted:

Tomorrow, we have a chance to pull ahead in the all-time record for the Bears-Packers rivalry - for the first time since 1932.

Most of my childhood had the Bears demolishing the Packers, year in and year out. My bloodlust has not yet been satiated.

Bakh and Bulaga are doubtful for the game, and their 3 primary backups (Spriggs, Barclay, and Kyle Murphy) are on IR. I'm just hoping Aaron can stay in one piece with a couple of UDFAs as our primary pass blockers.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Fat Mike should take some reps at tackle.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
:toot:

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/913400754072965121

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Watching pregame rn and Mike Glennon looks like a penis wished to be a real boy.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mike glennon should be in jail

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

at least he stands for the anthem

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
that's an optical illusion. he's actually kneeling but, you know.. he has a long neck.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

R.D. Mangles posted:

he's so dang bad. 16 million

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"I watched the replay and wanted to give props to Bears LB #92 McPhee. He was on the ground out of the play, but he jumped up immediately to call for the medics, and went over to show concern for Adams, and then pulling his teammates away from the scrum. Classiest player on the Bears."

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

KitConstantine posted:

Watching pregame rn and Mike Glennon looks like a penis wished to be a real boy.
:drat:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yeah great show by da bears lol

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

R.D. Mangles posted:

danny trevathan should be in jail

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I would like the packers to make it out of a game without losing 3-4 players this year.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

I would like the packers to make it out of a game without losing 3-4 players this year.

But then where would we find the gems hidden in the practice squad/free agency that we get a great few games out of who then inevitably either regress the next season or get released for cheaper, less-good players who then get hurt?

Ciiiiircle of liiiiife

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Jokes about Glennon being trash aside, I hope Trevathan is kicked out of the goddamn league for that

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Has there been a game yet where Demarious Randall hasn't been benched for massively loving up yet?

That touchdown where the receiver did the blockbuster "lazy fake inside step" move that Randall bit on so hard was really embarrassing. It was such a tame juke but Randall almost lost his cleats.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Ice Fist posted:

Has there been a game yet where Demarious Randall hasn't been benched for massively loving up yet?

That touchdown where the receiver did the blockbuster "lazy fake inside step" move that Randall bit on so hard was really embarrassing. It was such a tame juke but Randall almost lost his cleats.

Apparently Randall went to the locker room (uninjured) and didn't return. Might be some big friction between him and the coaches.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/78812/damarious-randalls-benching-injuries-mean-issues-for-packers-even-at-3-1

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

GeneX posted:

Jokes about Glennon being trash aside, I hope Trevathan is kicked out of the goddamn league for that

oh come on.

It was reckless, but the whistle hadn't blown he was being held up by only one dude who was getting pulled off by a packer player, and had barely started getting pushed back.

It was less than a second between when he broke one attempted tackle he got engaged with the Bears player that was holding him up and when Trevathan hit him.

That type of thing happens all the time, it just so happens that Adams starting going down right as he was being approached at high speed, which meant Trevathan who is leading with his helmet is suddenly head to head with Adams. and then you have bad poo poo happen.

Trevathan shouldn't be leading with the head, and should be suspended a game or maybe two for recklessness in that moment, but he has no priors, and has never been known as the type of player who explicitly headhunts and puts people in danger like that. Suspending him for the year or having him be kicked out of the league is lol.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Sep 29, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mandate rugby tackling imo

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

weird Asian candy posted:

Same. I lived in the burbs and the only reason I hated the bears were because of the stereotypical Shitka worshipping meatheads and radio hosts.

E: just saw the phone auto corrected ditka. I made an improvement. :colbert:

The Superfans were an accurate depiction and not parody or caricature.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm not worried about anyone in this trash division, Lions will prevail

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm not worried about anyone in this trash division, Lions will prevail

Ah yes, the lion's most dangerous opponent: hubris.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Those deadly lions lost to a pack of zebras most recently.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

MacheteZombie posted:

Those deadly lions lost to a pack of zebras most recently.

Not really though. Those rules are not obscure. It does suck to lose that way though.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
The profile we've all been waiting for:

https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/913786103165046789

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think Ryan Pace should be fired and same with John Fox. Also the McCaskeys should be forced to sell the team.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Mule loving owns

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
lol

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/913837059030360064

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Niwrad posted:

I think Ryan Pace should be fired and same with John Fox. Also the McCaskeys should be forced to sell the team.

First won't happen.
Second will happen.
Third lol will never happen.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/913832224180621315

There's also apparently a rumor that Randall quit the team last night:

No idea how reliable that is, I'd wager "not very"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Packers got better then.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Trevathan got 2 games

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Should make the Hall of Fame before Megatron, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah Muhlbach!

Didn't Quinn draft a long snapper in his first draft for some reason? Lol Don had none of it.

• Locked thread