Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

RVProfootballer posted:

Or if you view it once. Seriously, what a non-issue, unlike adding more 🐸

Do swasticocks become SFW if you replace their tips with off-brand peepee frogs?

Worst Chuck Tingle + Phil K Dick mashup idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pounded in the rep by the well-meaning but easily-misinterpreted frog on my forums app

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
hey can you remove the announcement popup i dont really care that lowtax is selling witty tshirts thanks

also give an option to remove that probation bar at the top of the screen, I have limited screen real estate here thanks

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ArtIsResistance posted:

also give an option to remove that probation bar at the top of the screen, I have limited screen real estate here thanks

How often could someone be getting probated that it's affecting their ability to read the forums?...

*checks rap sheet*

Holy poo poo.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Its inflated because of some fyad chain probation thing, I only deserve like half of those!!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Hey awful.apk is great and I don't mind the announcement pop-ups at all. That said, the first few episodes of Lowtax's podcast were pretty terrible

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Manky posted:

Hey awful.apk is great and I don't mind the announcement pop-ups at all. That said, the first few episodes of Lowtax's podcast were pretty terrible

He's not funny.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

He's not funny.

Reported

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Can you make the app remove posts asking to remove announcements? I can barely find the time to scroll past them.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Seriously though remove the announcement notifications. There are multiple a day sometimes.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Announcement notifications are good

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i like the announcement announcements, too. i spend a lot of time just in my bookmarked threads, so when I'm on PC I often don't even see that there are new announcements

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Seriously though remove the announcement notifications. There are multiple a day sometimes.

the poor children... seriouslythough it is not that big of a deal man

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i like the announcement announcements, too. i spend a lot of time just in my bookmarked threads, so when I'm on PC I often don't even see that there are new announcements

:same:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

the announcement notifications are meaningless because the notifications are meaningless. However they are totally unobtrusive so who cares lol

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

why not make it an option

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Would be nice to pick icons for PMs in this app

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
The road to hell is paved with options.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

pokeyman posted:

The road to hell is paved with options.

That's why they should add an option to hide the option to hide the announcements

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
can you remove your Cosby av? I'm afraid someone on the bus will see it and think I support serial rapists

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Daztek posted:

That's why they should add an option to hide the option to hide the announcements

You joke but at this point, a setting to change into easy mode might actually be a good idea. gently caress.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

If you do that can you make an option to disable the option that turns on hard mode? I don't want to be tempted to enable a set of options that then I'd be tempted to use. It's far easier if the settings screen is one option, and that option is to enable a small number of options one of which is an option to enable still more options, etc.

I'd prefer five sets of these option limits.

Oh wait no make sets of options IAPs where the most expensive is using your own theme. The free tier doesn't give you any options at all.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Make app always open to latest announcements thread. Thanks.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Even if you aren't in the app, a new announcement should immediately display a giant Omega on your screen and lock out your phone until you enter your forums password

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

A Pinball Wizard posted:

can you remove your Cosby av? I'm afraid someone on the bus will see it and think I support serial rapists

I accept gift certs!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Taffer posted:

the announcement notifications are meaningless because the notifications are meaningless. However they are totally unobtrusive so who cares lol

Yeah this. I was having some problems last week where the app would literally stop working over 20 times a day (unrelated to app, detailed further upthread) and even then I didn't care about the announcement notification because it is entirely ignorable, and in my opinion, perfectly implemented as it is already.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
make it so you have to tap the version number ten times to enable the options menu

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

If you're not already doing that then how are you posting threads?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I used the konami code

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

can you remove the announcement notification

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Can you enhance the announcement notification with the Mega Man effect?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I think awful.app and awful.apk need to start an escalating announcements beef. Can we use OpenGL?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Great idea, we can write cross-platform shaders!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I'm thinking like bat signal clouds projected on the screen, only with an emoticon
you know which one

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

baka kaba posted:

I'm thinking like bat signal clouds projected on the screen, only with an emoticon
you know which one

:dong:

Serious answer: :v: or :10bux:

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
I'm glad I'm lazy and never implemented announcements into the Windows app. :v:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Could you not

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

ArtIsResistance posted:

You can remove it yourself, by waiting 3 seconds. :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly I sometimes find that the announcement notification goes away to quickly for me to react and click it.

So maybe split the difference and just loving leave it alone.