Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

MNIMWA posted:

I bought my first motorbike, 1982 honda nighthawk

I hope you already know how to work on engines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

MNIMWA posted:

I bought my first motorbike, 1982 honda nighthawk

My condolences... I started out on an '84 nighthawk.

Make sure you've got newish tires. Older rubber gets hard and you lose grip, making it easier to dump while making a simple turn.

When said dumping happens, make sure you know how to weld, because good loving luck finding replacement parts for old Honda bikes. Even something so banal as a shift lever, they just simply don't exist because for whatever god forsaken reason Honda loves to completely loving re-engineer their bikes every year, which means unique unicorn parts for the simplest goddamn thing. I literally couldn't find a shift lever for my 84 nighthawk, so I had to weld some poo poo to the old lever and make my own part.

I mean seriously, why redesign the simplest loving part on the whole bike???

Otherwise, I really liked the bike and it looks sharp! Exactly what a motorcycle should look like. Make sure you buy some good gear and a full face helmet! I've been in three accidents over the years, and I've gotten up and walked away completely unharmed every single time, because I had a good helmet, jacket, gloves, and boots. Also take the MSF course or equivalent, it's definitely worthwhile.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Mackie Mix12FX. Now I can start pluggin ALL THE SYNTHS

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

2016 Corolla.

Replaced my 2007 Grand Prix.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
It's here! :dance:

Aw, it's so little.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Also got a SNES Classic. Got mine from the Amazon Treasure Truck in NYC. Hooray!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
What makes that better than an emulator?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Coffee And Pie posted:

http://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/spend-80-snes-classic-can-install-emulators-raspberry-pi-never-shut-gently caress/

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's not piracy

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

It's not piracy
That's a little less cut and dry when the item is no longer sold, e.g. Nintendo doesn't still sell Super Mario World.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Jmcrofts posted:

It's not piracy

hail corporate

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Josh Lyman posted:

That's a little less cut and dry when the item is no longer sold, e.g. Nintendo doesn't still sell Super Mario World.

No, it's definitely still copyright infringement. Like, no grey area at all. Not saying you should care, but it's disingenuous to argue that you aren't violating someone's copyright simply because the owner has chosen not to continue selling new copies.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this but unironically

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
So are they just not going to make are more of the NES classics? I would love one of those but have no nostalgia for SNES and am too lazy to gently caress with an emulator.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

bongwizzard posted:

So are they just not going to make are more of the NES classics? I would love one of those but have no nostalgia for SNES and am too lazy to gently caress with an emulator.

They've said they're going to, but haven't said anything beyond "hey this is coming".

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

ArmZ posted:

this but unironically
Pretty much.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Hahaha okay you got me

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Playing computer video games on emulators is literally the 100% exact same thing as wet-shaving and vaping at the same time, wearing a fedora and a pixelated neck-tie while drinking a shower beer, watching Rick & Morty with one eye and The Amazing Atheist with the other, filling up the pony jar with your free hand, and dictating a post to an internet forum where you use the word scoville sincerely.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I forgot weed. Throw weed in there somewhere.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Josh Lyman posted:

Pretty sure they do, on the Virtual Console on Wii U and/or Switch?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Bought a Samsung Gear S2 as Samsung UK were having a clear out with the S2 & S2 Classic briefly for £99.
My Moto 360 v1 battery basically dies when you look at the time now (have to have airplane mode running all the time to block all notifications), so looking forward to having a smart watch again.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

When I was a kid, whenever my family went to a historical village or whatever, I'd just park myself in front of the blacksmith and watch them hammer on red hot metal for hours. Somebody told me there's an industrial art studio up in Oakland that offers classes in a bunch of stuff, so I'll be spending all day this Saturday and Sunday learning how to blacksmith.

I am incredibly excited, this is a huge childhood dream come true.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

All the blacksmiths I know are really goony.

(All two.)

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
You don't know me :mad:

but i work in tech and live in the bay area so i guess i'm goony or something.

Coca Koala has a new favorite as of 01:28 on Sep 30, 2017

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Coca Koala posted:

When I was a kid, whenever my family went to a historical village or whatever, I'd just park myself in front of the blacksmith and watch them hammer on red hot metal for hours. Somebody told me there's an industrial art studio up in Oakland that offers classes in a bunch of stuff, so I'll be spending all day this Saturday and Sunday learning how to blacksmith.

You are gonna love it. Even just welding is pretty amazing, hammering on poo poo is loving wild.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Coca Koala posted:

gently caress that sounds super cool. I'd love to give blacksmithing a try someday. Have fun!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Coffee And Pie posted:

I just play my original snes and nes whenever I want that feeling of nostalgia

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

fyallm posted:

I just play my original snes and nes whenever I want that feeling of nostalgia

:rolleyes:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Tickets to a JavaScript conference, yeah im cool

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought an Instant Pot. I love it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I bought one for my mom a couple Christmases ago and they love it.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Aramek posted:

I bought one for my mom a couple Christmases ago and they love it.

Oh yeah, JSConf 2015 was absolutely wild, I'm not surprised your parents had a great time at the conference.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I have an older Fagor electric pressure cooker and it's pretty great. Compared to stovetop models, they're dead simple to use (just dump stuff in and push a button).

It's starting to feel like fall here, so maybe I'll make a stew in mine today.

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe

I bought Cuphead which is great and also really difficult.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

clockwork automaton posted:

It's magical

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

clockwork automaton posted:

That looks awesome. Why haven't other games adopted that old times style? Wish they had it for PS4

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

martinlutherbling posted:

That looks awesome. Why haven't other games adopted that old times style? Wish they had it for PS4

Apparently the animation was hand-drawn and painted, which is probably why. It looks so close to the original 1930s cartoons it emulates because it's made in the same labor intensive way.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

martinlutherbling posted:

Because it took him 5 years to do the artwork alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Jerry Cotton posted:

Playing computer video games on emulators is literally the 100% exact same thing as wet-shaving and vaping at the same time, wearing a fedora and a pixelated neck-tie while drinking a shower beer, watching Rick & Morty with one eye and The Amazing Atheist with the other, filling up the pony jar with your free hand, and dictating a post to an internet forum where you use the word scoville sincerely.

This post has been severely underappreciated.