Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Theresa May and post Brexit immigration proposals – Britain’s blueprint for a post-Brexit immigration policy, outlined in leaked Home Office documents, would be ‘catastrophic’ for some industries, employers have warned"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Jacob Rees-Mogg opposed to gay marriage and abortion – even after rape

Evening Standard:

Prince George arrives for first day at £18,000-a-year prep school

Mail:
Mac on... Immigration crackdown

Guardian Australian Sport:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I see Mac got tired of attempted satire and is back to his usual form.

gently caress off, Mac.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May, Brexit and the winds of change – Theresa May has caused further ill will in Brussels by rejecting an invitation to address the European parliament in public – instead insisting she will only talk to its leaders behind closed doors"

Telegraph:

Lords attack Government's 'unacceptable' plan to use Henry VIII powers to speed up Brexit

Independent:

EU 'worried' by UK's Irish border proposals

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... Prince George's first day at school

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on racism and UK criminal justice – Labour MP David Lammy highlights ‘racial bias’ and proposes plan to offer some first-time offenders the chance to go on rehabilitation programmes rather than face trial"

Telegraph:

Last Night of the Proms: Stars prepare for spectacular finale

Independent:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
"Itensive Care". Am I missing something?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"It's because Trump can't spell" - Adcock, who can't spell.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"David Davis's power grab – David Simonds on the so-called Henry VIII powers that will rewrite EU laws without parliamentary debate"

Sunday Telegraph:

Irma: UK Government defends response to hurricane after Corbyn says it 'should have acted much faster'

Independent om Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Theresa May and the European Union withdrawal bill – Theresa May appears likely to be forced into an early tactical retreat over theEuropean Union withdrawal bill, as Conservative MPs from both sides of the referendum divide flex their muscles"

Telegraph:

Tony Blair defends call for EU migration curbs; iPhone X: Apple’s latest iPhone name leaks ahead of official release

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Jeremy Corbyn: Single market membership 'open for discussion'; Bake Off: Paul Hollywood in Nazi outfit apology

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

gently caress off, Adams

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Donald Trump and natural disasters – Donald Trump has said his thoughts are with the survivors and families of the victims of Hurricanes Irma and Harvey"

Telegraph:

Brexit: EU repeal bill wins first Commons vote

Independent:

Former Europe minister Caroline Flint to defy Labour whips on EU bill

Times:

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson flies to Caribbean amid criticism over UK response

Mail:
MAC on... Tony Blair speaking out again

'I'm afraid it's one of those irritating pains in the bottom that just when you think you're rid of it, it pops back up again – we call it a Tony Blair.'

David Squires:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, a kinda good Mac?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the public sector pay cap – Theresa May’s government faces months of strife over public sector pay after a decision to lift the 1% annual cap on increases was met with derision from Labour and renewed threats of strikes by trade unions"

Telegraph:

Sir Peter Hall obituary: powerful force in British theatre; Waiting for Godot - Wikipedia

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

iPhone X: new Apple smartphone dumps home button for all-screen design; I'm like Mandela, says Red Len McCluskey on the day unions threaten a wave of illegal strikes over public sector pay

Mail:
MAC on... building a tunnel under Stonehenge

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

lol at this prick pretending he wouldn't have been calling for Mandela or Gandhi to be hung, drawn and quartered.

Crameltonian
Mar 27, 2010
Gandhi and Mandela, noted for never breaking any laws. They just said nicely 'please stop oppressing us' and poof, colonialism and racism were over. Len could learn a lot from that.

Crameltonian fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Sep 14, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Funny, we had the exact same scandal this year with the secretary of the ACTU in Australia calling for illegal strikes. Good.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the UK arms trade – The international trade secretary, Liam Fox, has mounted an unabashed defence of Britain’s arms industry on the opening day of one of the world’s biggest weapons trade exhibitions"

Telegraph:

Juncker says EU will 'move on' from Brexit in state of union speech

Independent:

Times:

Myanmar says 40% of Rohingya villages targeted by army are now empty

Evening Standard:

May suffers humiliation as DUP backs Labour on NHS pay and tuition fees

Mail:
MAC on... the iPhone X launch

Guardian Australian Sport:

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
MAC on... the iPhone X launch

I'm glad someones finally taking a stand against battery hogging apps

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on opening of Grenfell Tower inquiry – The retired judge leading the Grenfell Tower inquiry has promised ‘to get at the truth’ of what caused the inferno that killed at least 80 people"

Telegraph:

Royal Navy a 'laughing stock' with three quarters of its warships out of action and 'struggling to protect British citizens'

Independent:

Times:

Theresa May to deliver Brexit speech in Florence

Evening Standard:

Tillerson on North Korea: Russia and China must take 'direct action' over missile launch; Timelapse of Adams drawing this 'toon.

Mail:
MAC on... How women get bored of having sex with their partner after a year

'Ta-raaa! Happy first anniversary, my little passion flower!'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on NHS pay demands and the public purse – Unions have ramped up the pressure over public sector pay by demanding a 3.9% rise for 1 million NHS staff plus an extra £800 to make up for lost earning power during austerity"

Telegraph:

Theresa May successfully fought against new homes in her constituency weeks before unveiling huge increase in housing targets

The i paper:

London tube bombing: PM says terror threat level raised to critical

Times:

Theresa May rebukes Donald Trump over tube bombing tweets

Stephen Collins:

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Chickens coming home to roost for Theresa May – Chris Riddell on the squadron of woes currently afflicting the government"

Sunday Telegraph:

Boris Johnson - My vision for a bold, thriving Britain enabled by Brexit; Boris Johnson ought to be fired, furious Tories tell May

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Well, at least he didn't label the bin.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I can't see most of the images in this thread or other threads, no matter what machine I'm posting from.

Anybody know what esoteric part of the SA forums I've hosed up?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

I realise this comic is pro-NIMBY but they're right that our grandchildren won't forgive us if we don't build more housing.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

nopantsjack posted:

I can't see most of the images in this thread or other threads, no matter what machine I'm posting from.

Anybody know what esoteric part of the SA forums I've hosed up?

They are mostly hosted on imgur.com, is that blocked for you for some reason?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
If you're in the uk and your isp is Vodafone you need to allow security exceptions for imgur and i.imgur

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

If you're in the uk and your isp is Vodafone you need to allow security exceptions for imgur and i.imgur

Wow, thanks, I would have never figured that out in a million years.

e: thats sorted it, how strange, vodafone seem pretty awful so far but otoh i got a good deal and the internet is actually faster than advertised which has never happened.

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 18, 2017

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson and the Tory leadership – Boris Johnson has been accused of ‘backseat driving’ over his article reviving the idea of £350m a week becoming available for the NHS after Brexit"

Telegraph:

Independent:

‘I could be the next PM’: Vince Cable plots path back from wilderness

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson – Theresa May has insisted her government is being ‘driven from the front’, as she distanced herself from Boris Johnson’s renewed claim that up to £350m a week extra should be made available for the NHS after Brexit"

"Steve Bell on 'political adults' – Britain needs “political adults” to work together to halt a damaging Brexit, Vince Cable will tell the Liberal Democrat conference on Tuesday, urging moderate Conservatives and Labour MPs to work with his party"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Ryanair to tell 400,000 passengers of cancelled flights after roster 'mess-up'

Evening Standard:

Mail:
MAC on... Boris and Theresa's Cabinet showdown

David Squires:

:toot: I'm on holiday for the next week! If you're missing your Brit-poo poo-pic-fix, you can always just read @Cartoon4sale's Twitter feed.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Have a nice holiday Cloud Potato!

Guardian

Steve Bell on Trump's address to the UN.

Telegraph

Theresa May, on the possibility of having to fork out for the so-called EU divorce bill.

The Times

Daily Heil

Mac

Grauniad

Squires.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Imgur's finally letting me upload poo poo without trapping me in a perpetual "Are you a robot?" loop.

Guardian
Theresa May's Florence speech.

Also Uber's London contract on not being renewed.

Labour Brighton Conference.

(After McGill's "Stick of rock, cock?")

The rise of Nationalism - the increase of votes going to the right-wing German Alternative für Deutschland (AFD) party.

Independant

Boris Johnson's very unsubtle attempts at rallying for Tory leadership

After Leonardo's Vitruvian Man

AFD again.

Mirror

Telegraph
The seldom-spotted political MATT

May - Florence speech. Also a reference to that time Boris Johnson got stuck on a zip-wire waving flags and generally being a oval office.

Preliminary sketch for speech aftermath.

AfD again

Bob is not on speaking terms with reality

The Daily 14/88
Funnel bins for drivers to more easily dispose of waste from a moving vehicle.

House of Lords, Lords getting paid despite barely speaking

Hitler getting bashed the fash at the Labour conference So much for the tolerant left - the left are the real fash :qq:

Squires

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 28, 2017

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I feel like I only really need two posts for this thread "gently caress off Mac" and "That Squires :allears:".

Thanks for picking up the slack while Cloud Potato is away.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Pilchenstein posted:

I feel like I only really need two posts for this thread "gently caress off Mac" and "That Squires :allears:".

Thanks for picking up the slack while Cloud Potato is away.

No problemo. :)

Guardian
Labour's Brighton conference.

After Leonardo's Mona Lisa.
Odd choice.

Independant
Ongoing America/North Korea impending nuclear armageddon.

Labour conference, again.

:newdanger: :getin:

Torygraph
Socialiƨm; it's just giving people money! :downs:

Gideon Standard
... ... ... Party conferences, and Hugh Hefner has died.

And Diane Abott was at a conference, and exists.

gently caress off Adams.
Fittingly, his twitter is a non-stop stream of people telling him how unfunny he is, and how crap his art is.

The Daily Wail
Mac is literally a hundred years old.

Oh noes the tanking UK economy we've been shafting for years; we can't let it into their commie hands :ohdear:

F. U. C. K. O. F. F. M. A. C.

Rowson
Apparently he's working on an adaptation of the Communist Manifesto in his own inimitable style:

:ussr:

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 28, 2017

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Dyson vacuum cleaner, famous for having a bag.

You loving tool Mac. You idiot.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Thanks for stepping in, Pesky Splinter. While I'm back from my holiday, it seems the internet connection in my terrible house-share is on the fritz; hopefully I'll be able to toon-post tomorrow. We'll see.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The glowing image of the UK economy is an obvious Potemkin facade that must be knocked down before you can start fixing the problems hiding behind it. AGC.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Cyrillic is just regular text with the occasional letter reversed, right? It's not like it's its own entire alphabet or anything, I'll go with the S and the E today

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Angepain posted:

Cyrillic is just regular text with the occasional letter reversed, right? It's not like it's its own entire alphabet or anything, I'll go with the S and the E today
Who knew that one bit from Bottom would be so relevant twenty five years on? :v:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
That Rowson looks like the good poo poo. Makes me think of a slightly more coherent Ralph Steadman.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Tories and the general election – Theresa May has conceded her party was not ready when she called a snap general election in which the Conservatives lost their majority despite a hefty lead in opinion polls"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Theresa May defends free market economy

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
MAC on... England cricketer Ben Stokes being arrested after a late-night club brawl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Cloud Potato posted:

Evening Standard:

Can't wait for next week, both the giant protests go right by my office. :unsmigghh: