Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

had no idea there was a Watchtower today. Showing Raiden today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lightning cage is an alt ability, lame

e: he's got gear that changes the color of his lightning effects, that's cute

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
black lighting has a different super!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Supposed leak of MK11

quote:

Here’s an interesting note to file under the rumor mill for the moment. Righteoushall04 has made some interesting posts in the Mortal Kombat X subreddit recently, potentially revealing some roster, gameplay and release details about what will undoubtedly be NetherRealm Studio’s next big project following the conclusion of development on Injustice 2: Mortal Kombat 11.

Claiming to have received information from a credible source on Twitter with connections to NRS — who supposedly leaked the entire MKX roster on his personal website back in February 2015 — Righteoushall04 notes that MK11 is planned to have a roster of 30 characters, with 10 additional fighters planned to be DLC. This would make the game’s cast slightly larger than Injustice 2‘s roster once it receives all three full Fighter Packs, continuing a company trend of increasing roster sizes with each new game. Of these 30 Kombatants, 17 will be returning from MKXL, 7 will be returning from previous games (with 6 of those being from the old 3D-era titles), and the final 6 will be new challengers.

He notes that the new game’s story will feature Raiden as the title’s main antagonist, who appeared to be slipping back into his Dark Raiden ways at the conclusion of MKX’s story by leaving the beheaded (yet still immortal) fallen Elder God Shinnok’s severed head at Kitana and Liu Kang’s doorstep, as the two established themselves as the new King and Queen of the NetherRealm. Gameplay will remain chapter-based, with players switching characters throughout, and will be longer than any of the four previous story campaigns that have come before it. It will also be borrowing plot elements from two of the series’ 3D entries, 2004’s Deception and 2006’s Armageddon — which featured all characters introduced to the franchise at the point, and were the last games set within the original timeline before 2008’s Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe and 2011’s Mortal Kombat 9.

Characters who are only in the game as story mode NPCs, similar to Sindel, Baraka and Rain in MKXL, will also be returning, alongside Brutalities and the much-loved Variation System that defined the previous title. Any deceased characters from the previous games will not be returning to action (sorry Nightwolf, Sindel, Shinnok, Smoke, Kabal, Mileena, Shao Kahn, Kintaro, Motaro, Baraka or Stryker players. May we honor the times we’ve had with them.) He than mentions the 17 base roster characters he’s seen “lots of artwork and rendering for,” and they are as follows:

Kano
Li Mei
Noob Saibot
Bo Rai Cho
Johnny Cage
Shang Tsung
Jade
Daegon
Cassie Cage
Jacqui Briggs
Frost
Kenshi
Kotal Kahn
Jax
Onaga
Going off of Arcade/Klassic Tower endings and the events of the MKX prequel comic, it stands to reason that Sonya Blade, Erron Black, Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Takeda Takahashi, Liu Kang, Triborg, Tanya, Kung Lao, Kung Jin, Kitana, D’Vorah, Tremor, and Goro could all have shots at returning. Taven and Nitara will supposedly appear in the game as story NPCs or cameos.

The source also elaborated on two of the supposed newcomers he’s seen artwork for, Dominic and Salina. “Salina is a Dream Goddess that apparently has psychic powers and can create things out of thin air and use them as weapons. Dominic is Kano’s son and is part of the Red Dragon with Daegon. Supposedly, he hates his father.” For those that may need a refresher, it was revealed that Kano was training up a son in his ending, with torture being the chief method, giving sufficient fruit to this supposed family grudge.

Finally, the poster notes that Mortal Kombat 11 should release around Spring 2019, which lines up with the NRS tradition of making a new game every other year. It should be noted that this isn’t the first time we’ve seen a leak regarding the roster of an upcoming NRS game, as the entire launch cast of Injustice 2 was leaked earlier this year on 4Chan by an employee working on that title’s mobile game, during the company’s long silence following the reveals of Harley Quinn and Deadshot at last year’s Gamecom.

http://shoryuken.com/2017/09/29/possible-mortal-kombat-11-reddit-leak-reveals-roster-release-and-gameplay-details/

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So besides Pennywise, who are gonna be the movie characters in the game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Senerio posted:

Batman.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Senerio posted:

Pinhead's moving into the Netherrealm.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Senerio posted:

jason momoa

no not an aquaman alt, i mean actual jason momoa

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Funky Valentine posted:

Pinhead's moving into the Netherrealm.

Unironically this. One of his variants could be summoning Cenobites. gently caress MK11, just make Terrordrome but legit.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I have my hopes out for Terminator.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm glad characters like Kotal Kahn and Cassie will return as they were fantastic additions but Li Mei and Daegon were boring as gently caress. A lot of the 3D-era characters loving suck. Noob and Shang Tsung though would be cool. This is all assuming this "leak" is even real.

the important thing to consider is that this may leave the insane people on twitter who tweet "PUT SAREENA IN THE GAME" in the doghouse yet again.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
The fact that the two most popular characters are in a big "maybe" column makes me question how legit it is. That being said, it will be cool to see frost again after how they handlked the kombat kids.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
When is booster gold being released???

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Frost was a total tard in MKX

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All of this makes me super happy. I still love Injustice 2, and still play it almost every day, but bring on MKXI :homebrew:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

My last 3 shader drops have been joker, swamp thing, and firestorm.....

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Last night I opened a bronze box and got Harley's new hella pink shader. It hurts my eyes.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'm genuinely curious to see a modern design for Jade.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Does Harley have a domino mask yet

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Oberst posted:

My last 3 shader drops have been joker, swamp thing, and firestorm.....

I have like 30 epic gear for Joker despite never once using him. I think they do it on purpose.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Wanderer posted:

I'm genuinely curious to see a modern design for Jade.

Fighting wise, I'd imagine an update of dragon naginata Tanya mixed with mournful Kitana. Take that, stuff it into a scantily clad dark-skinned woman whose few clothes are green, and you've got Jade. And some glowy veins and evil dress sense as Jade's presumably a revenant at the moment, having gotten whacked by Sindel like half the cast in MK9.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Alexander Hamilton posted:

I have like 30 epic gear for Joker despite never once using him. I think they do it on purpose.

Let me tell you about my 800 chokers for black canary

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Cythereal posted:

Fighting wise, I'd imagine an update of dragon naginata Tanya mixed with mournful Kitana. Take that, stuff it into a scantily clad dark-skinned woman whose few clothes are green, and you've got Jade. And some glowy veins and evil dress sense as Jade's presumably a revenant at the moment, having gotten whacked by Sindel like half the cast in MK9.

If they're planning on taking off from Kitana's MKX arcade ending, then something else happened to Jade. It probably isn't an accident that Jade is the only character who died in that sequence who didn't end up as a revenant, or at least never shows up as one at any point in story mode.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
40 characters all with variations seems like too much

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
When is Hellboy released?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Probably November. Seems to be a 1 month release schedule or so.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

If they could get him out on Halloween that would be very fitting. :spooky:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

With the SAG-AFTRA strike coming to a close, does that mean we could potentially see new voice lines from the original cast? IJ2 was one of the games hardest hit by the strike since it happened right as the DLC characters were rolling out.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Raiden's ending is out

This is the second ending where both Constantine and Zatanna show up, and they keep ignoring the comics since Deadman shows up as well despite Boston dying on year 3

Oh and tons of MK references during his intros with the rest of the cast.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/cwseed/status/915201537550336001

Seems like Hellboy will be revealed today

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I haven't even gotten manta to 20 yet....

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hellboy trailer!
https://twitter.com/unCAGEDgamez/status/915387587900137472

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Holy poo poo

Atom looks fun as gently caress

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 4, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

hellboy looks a little different than i remember

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Kelp Plankton posted:

hellboy looks a little different than i remember

Movie adaptations always take liberties with the characters, this is truer to the comics. :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So the silhouettes weren't a misdirection, eh?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Atom is everything I dreamed of and more. Now WHERE'S THE PC EDITION :argh:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Senerio posted:

Pack 2 is gonna be Black Manta, Raiden, and Atom.

called it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Atom looks so badass! I am so excited for this character! :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ed Boon confirmed on Twitter that Hellboy is still pack 2, Atom is pack 3

• Locked thread