Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Heaven Spacey posted:

There ain't no gettin' offa this Trump we're on!

"Take that liberal snowfla---" gets crushed by plate 9 when trump accidentally presses the 'crush poors' button instead of the Coke button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

nice

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Uncle Wemus posted:

Did Hugh hefner vote trump

probably

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Thundercracker posted:

"Take that liberal snowfla---" gets crushed by plate 9 when trump accidentally presses the 'crush poors' button instead of the Coke button.

most common cause of death in appalachia in 2019, surpassing even opioid deaths which are now somehow 200,000 deaths per 100,000 people per year

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Uncle Wemus posted:

Did Hugh hefner vote trump

probably not actually

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

the commercial actions of his imperium made a bigger difference than whatever he voted personally. his legacy is way right wing.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

yea, hefner had regressive attitudes toward women but wasn't about culture war or xenophobia, and definitely not the religious right

also from that article, sounds like trump was pretty similar back then, with one notable exception:

quote:

A president Trump, Donald Trump told Playboy then, “would believe very strongly in extreme military strength. He wouldn’t trust anyone. He wouldn’t trust the Russians; he wouldn’t trust our allies; he’d have a huge military arsenal, perfect it, understand it.”

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Powaqoatse posted:

the commercial actions of his imperium made a bigger difference than whatever he voted personally. his legacy is way right wing.

gonna take this post more seriously than I should and offer a choice of replies so select either

1) citation needed

OR

2) excuse me mcdonald's worker I didn't order word salad

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

gonna take this post more seriously than I should and offer a choice of replies so select either

1) citation needed

OR

2) excuse me mcdonald's worker I didn't order word salad

nah youre fine

playboy&c is a large media company & those generally follow capitalist rules and make the world a worse place --- but i can admit i am wrong if you gimme some choice quotes

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Despite his strong and clear personal preference for Aryan women, Hefner opened up his magazine to the voices of important black thinkers, and the bodies of sexy black women, during a period where black people were still being lynched. While I won't deny your criticism, his behavior as a capitalist still puts him to the left of someone like Hillary, to insinuate that the man voted for Trump for the crime of being successful is disgusting.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ya, thats true actually. lets say hes one of the least bad capitalists

e: also i never said he voted trump, i said whatever he voted personally, it was meaningless compared to what his money did or didnt do. actions speak louder than words, esp when theres billions of dollars behind the actions.

Carthag Tuek has issued a correction as of 07:07 on Sep 30, 2017

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
well we really triggered the libs lmao, but whoops, now the rural hospitals are all shutting down, and it turns out towns without hospitals not only have no hope of ever attracting businesses, they can't even hold on to what little they still had

yup kansas ded

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Duscat posted:

well we really triggered the libs lmao, but whoops, now the rural hospitals are all shutting down, and it turns out towns without hospitals not only have no hope of ever attracting businesses, they can't even hold on to what little they still had

yup kansas ded

I think one of the programs that expired yesterday was focused on providing money for rural hospitals too, as well as providing healthcare to children in poverty, so this is going to get worse before it gets better lmao

I guess it's time for rural and red state whites to realize that actually, they're disproportionate consumers of welfare programs

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

After decades of blood red Republican rule it's the dems fault because

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
the rust-belt union workers who put trump over the top in the EC must be so proud

quote:

The Supreme Court is poised to deal a sharp blow to the unions that represent millions of teachers and other public employees, announcing Thursday it will consider striking down the mandatory fees that support collective bargaining.

The justices will hear the case of Mark Janus, an Illinois state employee who objects to paying fees to the union, which represents 35,000 state workers.

this case was deadlocked 4-4 last year and now gorsuch gets to be the tie breaker. lol remember how he ruled a trucker could be fired for leaving his truck when the company ordered him to stay in it unheated and freeze to death in a blizzard?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

the rust-belt union workers who put trump over the top in the EC must be so proud

this case was deadlocked 4-4 last year and now gorsuch gets to be the tie breaker. lol remember how he ruled a trucker could be fired for leaving his truck when the company ordered him to stay in it unheated and freeze to death in a blizzard?

what happens to a man that he ends up with a brain this broken

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
even PR has some of los imbéciles

Jose posted:

what happens to a man that he ends up with a brain this broken

it's from "constitutional originalism", the judicial cousin of evangelicals' biblical literalism. the dude basically claims
a) he can objectively interpret the intentions of the authors of 200+ year-old laws in modern application , without imposing his own biases, and
b) he is an ideal judge for suppressing his common decency and empathy in order to adhere to the original intentions of men who owned slaves and believed women to be inferior

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
The implication that Gorsuch has common human decency or empathy that needs suppressing in the first place is entirely too generous.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

VitalSigns posted:

The implication that Gorsuch has common human decency or empathy that needs suppressing in the first place is entirely too generous.

of course, you don't become a true believer of a rightwing ideology if you have a healthy amount of decency or empathy to begin with

i happen to believe that there are very few true born sociopaths, but far too many who are willing to suppress whatever small conscience they have-- because a radical ideology like objectivism or originalism conveniently allows them to be assholes while claiming to be acting based on lofty moral principals. but yea, whatever humanity gorsuch might've had as a kid is permanently trapped in the sunken place by now

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

even PR has some of los imbéciles

The pueto riccon woman nodding along to trumps comments on immigrants, "those drat mexicans!"

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Duscat posted:

yup kansas ded

This is really hosed up.

The factory saying that all their rates are going up because insurance becomes more and more expensive the further away you are from an emergency room should be what pushed this over the edge, but lol, nope. These factories are going to be forced to move next to those liberal city slickers.

Best Korea
Feb 15, 2012

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

The pueto riccon woman nodding along to trumps comments on immigrants, "those drat mexicans!"

I knew a Puerto Rican guy who absolutely despised Mexicans because white people always assumed he was Mexican and therefore here illegally; So instead of hating racist white people, he took it out on Mexicans. I bet he voted for Trump.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Duscat posted:

yup kansas ded

Wow

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Best Korea posted:

I knew a Puerto Rican guy who absolutely despised Mexicans because white people always assumed he was Mexican and therefore here illegally; So instead of hating racist white people, he took it out on Mexicans. I bet he voted for Trump.

punching down and sucking up, the platonic ideal of republican voter

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Duscat posted:

yup kansas ded

i am glad of it

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Kansas town votes for leopard to eat people's faces, meets with face-eating leopard to beg him not to eat their faces.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Duscat posted:

yup kansas ded

I'm very happy that that fat white dude profiled at the top of the article is going to die of preventable illness

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Seems like it fits here
https://twitter.com/Calebkeeter/status/914872808110510080

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It cannot be emphasized enough that Gorsuch is, beyond all his other traits, and absolutely atrocious writer:

quote:

Disruptive dinnertime calls, downright deceit, and more besides drew Congress’s eye to the debt collection industry. From that scrutiny emerged the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, a statute that authorizes private lawsuits and weighty fines designed to deter wayward collection practices. So perhaps it comes as little surprise that we now face a question about who exactly qualifies as a “debt collector” subject to the Act’s rigors. Everyone agrees that the term embraces the repo man—someone hired by a creditor to collect an outstanding debt. But what if you purchase a debt and then try to collect it for yourself— does that make you a “debt collector” too? That’s the nub of the dispute now before us.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Powaqoatse posted:

ya, thats true actually. lets say hes one of the least bad capitalists

e: also i never said he voted trump, i said whatever he voted personally, it was meaningless compared to what his money did or didnt do. actions speak louder than words, esp when theres billions of dollars behind the actions.

lmao that you can run a rape palace and still be one of the least bad capitalists

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
welp, mitch mcconnell & co. just made this thread, couldn't have happened to a more deserving pile of turtle poo poo
Bannon Plans to Back Challengers to Most GOP Senators Running in 2018

quote:

Bannon plans to support as many as 15 Republican Senate candidates in 2018, including several challengers to incumbents, the people said. He’ll support only candidates who agree to two conditions: They will vote against McConnell as majority leader, and they will vote to end senators’ ability to block legislation by filibustering.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

welp, mitch mcconnell & co. just made this thread, couldn't have happened to a more deserving pile of turtle poo poo
Bannon Plans to Back Challengers to Most GOP Senators Running in 2018

oh hell yes

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

It's gonna own having 10 nutcase senators that will vote against anything that keeps the unconstitutional air force intact instead of just cruz and paul

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
[quote="“zegermans”" post="“477252121”"]
It’s gonna own having 10 nutcase senators that will vote against anything that keeps the unconstitutional air force intact instead of just cruz and paul
[/quote]

one the senate candidates he's backing is erik prince, brother of betsy devos and founder of blackwater. he has been making the rounds recently advocating that his mercenary army should take over in afghanistan as private contractors.

in an interview someone asked him what the precedent was for letting an unaccountable for-profit army control another country, and he unapologetically cited the british east india company. :toot:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

one the senate candidates he's backing is erik prince, brother of betsy devos and founder of blackwater. he has been making the rounds recently advocating that his mercenary army should take over in afghanistan as private contractors.

in an interview someone asked him what the precedent was for letting an unaccountable for-profit army control another country, and he unapologetically cited the british east india company. :toot:

lmao america dont elect erik prince....

hes gonna be prez in 2024 isnt he

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
caitlyn again :rolleyes:

quote:

In an interview with Los Angeles’ KABC-TV, the reality star called the Trump administration the “worst ever” for LGBT rights. “I was hoping for a lot better than this,” she said. “And I was somewhat optimistic and I thought this guy is going to be okay. He has totally, totally disappointed me.”
“They are by far the worst administration ever towards the LGBT community—and particularly the trans community,” Jenner admitted, adding that it’s time “to gather together… and fight what they’re doing.”

caitlyn thinks it's time to form some sort of mass resistance to trump guys

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I liked the part where she explained exactly what about a Republican candidate said "Good stance on LGBT rights."

Wait, wrong universe

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

we need to have a strong resistance to trump!

*people start asking for healthcare and higher wages*

no not that

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Hasn't she heard about the tax cuts!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

not enough maga chuds getting corncobbed itt

have we run out of people who would abandon trump and hit his floor or is it just a slow process?