Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Boiled Water posted:

I've had xps' and posted about them. They are very expensive and have flaws that shouldn't be present in machines that expensive like that usb thing and the sound being garbage beyond belief.

i don't have anything to complain about with the sound but jfc is the usb thing widespread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i don't have anything to complain about with the sound but jfc is the usb thing widespread?

I've had both an xp13 and 15 and they both had it. Maybe it's dell who are bad

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 42 minutes!
whats the usb thing?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

they also have a noticeable performance impact, turning off the garbage xbox DVR (which you have to fuckin log in to do lmao) gained me at least 10% more FPS in titanfall 2. shadowplay also does up to 20 minutes post-recording. there really isn't anything comparable.

just make a stupid nvidia account and don't link it to anything like a dumbass, it's not that big of a deal. oh noo, nvidia knows my throwaway email address. the horror.

lol it uploads your entire registry and %USER% folders you dumbass

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Shaggar posted:

whats the usb thing?

its a piece of poo poo

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

at random intervals the usb has been unplugged sound will sound even if no usb devices are connected

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Boiled Water posted:

at random intervals the usb has been unplugged sound will sound even if no usb devices are connected

to briefly expand, there will be a malformed usb device accessible for removal through device manager that does reappear on its own after some time without you doing anything

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Boiled Water posted:

oh jesus that's what that sound is.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

jony neuemonic posted:

oh jesus that's what that sound is.

yah. the glitching sound means it's launching a few of those simultaneously.

there also should be notification popups if you haven't turned them off

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Powaqoatse posted:

lol it uploads your entire registry and %USER% folders you dumbass

google isn't conjuring that one up for me, help?

pcgamer said

quote:

GN did some further digging, just to make sure. The GeForce Experience is looking at your system hardware, the games on your PC, crash/dump files relevant to the GFE and Nvidia drivers, and it's checking the settings of the games on your system. Packet transactions in and out of the GFE were monitored, and they "almost entirely consist of calls home... with additional GETs for images," used for game box art within the software.

For now, it appears Nvidia is doing nothing out of the ordinary, nor is it breaking any of its policies by gathering data on your system. Any data it is gathering isn't personal, and it isn't being released outside of the company. Angry minds can be laid to rest for the time being.

but idk how i feel about believing what they say about their own sponsor

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 29, 2017

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Probation

Boiled Water posted:

if you have any bt devices connected (like a phone) it will make the noise for that disconnecting and connecting

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Shaggar posted:

if you have any bt devices connected (like a phone) it will make the noise for that disconnecting and connecting

it was only ever connected to WiFi and power

burning swine
May 26, 2004

can't say i've ever had the USB problem but I've also never used the stock dell image

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shaggar posted:

it specifically displays "usb device has been disconnected incorrectly" message

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol my razer is working fine. glad I ignored everyone yelling to get an xps

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rex-Goliath posted:

razer lmao

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
the xps is a fantastic linux machine though. sorry about your poor choice in operating system

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

flakeloaf posted:

google isn't conjuring that one up for me, help?

pcgamer said

but idk how i feel about believing what they say about their own sponsor

it came out a couple months ago, also lol pcgamer deleted the article

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Rex-Goliath posted:

Why would you buy a blade?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

at least it has functional usb drivers

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Dodoman posted:

Why would you buy a blade?

I travel a lot and was willing to pay the premium to get something small & light

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Phoenixan posted:

the xps is a fantastic linux machine though. sorry about your poor choice in operating system
yeah his os is a pos

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

i'm still happy with mine and it's a great laptop overall. it's not perfect but neither was my mbp so.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rex-Goliath posted:

at least it has functional usb drivers
fair enough, i would spend money on rather blade rather than on xps if the usb thing is widespread (which i now know it is enough for me). preferably something less tacky but oh well, its a hard mix between poo poo wendor, tacky style, and who knows what else for the specs i'd buy

burning swine
May 26, 2004

FMguru posted:

yeah his os is a pos

it's true

i miss windows 7 :qq:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Rex-Goliath posted:

I travel a lot and was willing to pay the premium to get something small & light

That's a good reason.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I want one of the new X1s Carbon but I can't really justify the > $2k price tag just yet. My current X1 probably has another year or two of life left in it once I finally get around to installing this replacement keyboard (which is to say, transplant the screen and all the PCBs into a new chassis pmuch)

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

jony neuemonic posted:

i'm still happy with mine and it's a great laptop overall. it's not perfect but neither was my mbp so.

yeah it's p great and the build quality really is on par with apple. my only complaint is that the drat function keys aren't backlit for some reason?? it's such a small oversight but it becomes that much more aggravating when they got so many other things right

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

oh and the touchpad is merely 'acceptable' which is saying something for a PC but it's still light years behind Apple

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

oh i meant the xps but the blade does seem legit nice.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Boiled Water posted:

macbook pro replacement 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rex-Goliath posted:

oh and the touchpad is merely 'acceptable' which is saying something for a PC but it's still light years behind Apple
if this and backlit fn keys are really your only complaints then i think ill consider it as an option for the next laptop, since neither is relevant to me

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Probation

cinci zoo sniper posted:

it specifically displays "usb device has been disconnected incorrectly" message

weird. I have a 9550 and a 9560 and haven't had that problem. if its under warranty get it replaced

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
lol the "essential" phone (andy rubins followup to android, backed with $1bn in vc moneys) has sold an estimated 5000 units so far

thats less than the kin

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

FMguru posted:

lol the "essential" phone (andy rubins followup to android, backed with $1bn in vc moneys) has sold an estimated 5000 units so far

thats less than the kin
that wily devil

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

windows is bad

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

lol

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Powaqoatse posted:

windows is bad
:monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
lol if you record yourself playing video games. double lol if you loving sit down and watch someone else play video games on the internet.

• Locked thread