Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

FamilyComputer is what Famicom, the Japanese version of the NES, is short for so they’re not making that up out of thin air at least.

E: ah did I miss a reference then. Never listened to that podcast but always heard good things.

EL BROMANCE has a new favorite as of 15:53 on Sep 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lifeglug posted:

Pleasantly surprised that the first reply to this was a MBMBAM reference. You cool baby.
And here I expected a Giant Bomb reference to the original Coolbaby from an almost-knockoff, a lovely Cooking Mama spinoff that came with a crappy baby doll you jammed a wiimote into to pretend to take care of the baby. It's one of the most famous Giant Bomb skits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMEg6mfTfF4&hd=1

surviving his near-strangulation, he has since donned sunglasses and shown up in the background of their videos for years.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Does it come in men's sizes?

Also, it appears that the tag behind the price tag is Monopoly?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I'm pretty sure Savers is a thrift store, so that is likely one of a kind.

Please say you bought it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sadly, it's just a picture I found on the internet. Otherwise, I'd have totally bought it. :(

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Several pages back but:

It's a really old product, they've been around for over 20 years

And while I'm on page 30:

Choco1980 posted:

The best ones are the ones where the big titty naked girls you're making pictures of suddenly switch to weird gross monsters with no warning to you mid-wank, and next think you know you have a new fetish.

Not "with no warning", every time you uncover part of the naked girl your level completion percentage goes up, but your level score goes down :eng101: If the score gets too low, you get a stupid/gross image instead. You have to either uncover parts of the background to compensate, or uncover larger areas of the naked girls at once

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
looking it up, that Coolbaby is apparently one of the best chinese knockoffs of the NES Classic where they just cram a multi-cart into it. It's stable, and the controls work well, and there are a LOT of games on there, with a far higher than usual ratio of official games to romhacks and bootlegs.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Choco1980 posted:

looking it up, that Coolbaby is apparently one of the best chinese knockoffs of the NES Classic where they just cram a multi-cart into it. It's stable, and the controls work well, and there are a LOT of games on there, with a far higher than usual ratio of official games to romhacks and bootlegs.

I want that controller I know this in my heart

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Choco1980 posted:

It doesn't even look knockoff, beyond the name. It's probably made in the same factory.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
And even that's pretty rad.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/Fluthermucken/status/910722864709586945
https://twitter.com/Rlan2/status/910708744534626304

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

"What is it with all theses knock-offs?"

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

It's familiar. But not too familiar. But not too not familiar. I want one. Where can I get a coolbaby?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Strange, but not a stranger.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

davidspackage posted:

Strange, but not a stranger.

Should've called it "BoomBaby."

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

hell yeah, I love that guy

free pastry with every purchase of an Uncle Meal, prices and participation may vary

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Pastry of the Year posted:

free pastry with every purchase of an Uncle Meal, prices and participation may vary

Absolutely everything about this is delightful.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

How about something that isn't a bootleg, but looks like it should be?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Canned Panda posted:

:colbert:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
That's a skateboard deck, I'm not sure if that counts. If it does there's a ton of stuff like that.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Croccers posted:

That's a skateboard deck, I'm not sure if that counts. If it does there's a ton of stuff like that.

If it's being sold at a store I'm pretty sure it counts, which it looks like it is

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Aesop Poprock posted:

If it's being sold at a store I'm pretty sure it counts, which it looks like it is
lol, did you get sniped by a bad avatar buyer AP?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apparently it's intentional, there's a skater named Guy Mariano.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

And now the logo makes sense. Girl Skateboards right? I was more confused about that part than any as I didn't pick up it was a deck.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe
We've come full circle, bootlegs knock off brands, and now brands are paying homage to the knockoffs.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

The Sicilian posted:

We've come full circle, bootlegs knock off brands, and now brands are paying homage to the knockoffs.

It's like an Ouroboros of copyright infringement.

Also pictured is a leaked still of the new Jojo part:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

EorayMel posted:

It's like an Ouroboros of copyright infringement.

Also pictured is a leaked still of the new Jojo part:

I'm Batman's microcephaly.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 18:35 on Sep 27, 2017

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Canned Panda posted:

Pablo Picasso IS Spider-man!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

The Sicilian posted:

Skate decks do the homage/knock-off thing quite a bit.

Here's a local one I spotted even:

Cigarette packets

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Canned Panda posted:

Hentai Kamen?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

China is now going after factories that make bootlegs of IPs with foreign investors.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/innovatellp.com/2017/09/21/cracking-down-on-copycats-chinas-new-intellectual-property-policy/amp/

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

pictured: the thorough vigor for which Chinese government is world-famous

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

An update on this:

-Dragon Momoko, a seller of bootleg Gundam figures, had their factory raided by the Chinese authorities. It's possible their KO business is finished for good.

-Chinese online store Taobao, owned by Alibaba, now requires all of their sellers to confirm that their goods are genuine.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
RIP china market

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Elsa posted:

RIP china market

Wow. that's unexpected.

Killed By Death