Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I swapped out all of my direct hit for crit on my tank gear for the sole reason that pretty much the number one tank ever according to fflogs has crit in most of their slots. That might not be the most sound methodology, but it's probably better than anything else until we get actual stat weights.

The difference between DH or crit for melding is probably less than 1%. As long as you have something in all your slots you'll be fine.

Crit is probably a gain over DH if you are in a party with all of DRG/BRD/SCH which is the speedrun meta. Being a WAR helps too with Wrath stacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Hunter Noventa posted:

The whole series of course, wouldn't make sense for the final boss to be at the beginning. But I recognized Mateus in the trailer.

The final boss will actually be Marche, who will be trying to destroy Ivalice in order to get us to "wake up" and escape this fantasy.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Malthuras posted:

I would have left that dungeon.

That confirms it was good and cool since that was the objective for those emotes.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Hunter Noventa posted:

The whole series of course, wouldn't make sense for the final boss to be at the beginning. But I recognized Mateus in the trailer.

As someone who has not played FFXII, does this mean that the bosses we'll be seeing are the ones associated with FFXII?

I was hoping we'd finally get a body to associate with the names Duma, Zebbeb, Sel, Cheraub and some other ones I can't remember at the moment, but this is fine too.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

except when you eventually get the max level stuff, it just doesn't look very good and the hats turn from "cool,iconic archer style hat" into the a dunce cap.

Yes, but the bard gear in the L50 raids and class quests goes beyond "boss" to "which particular 70's british prog-rock band would you like to dress like today?" and that makes up for everything.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

SwissArmyDruid posted:

As someone who has not played FFXII, does this mean that the bosses we'll be seeing are the ones associated with FFXII?

I was hoping we'd finally get a body to associate with the names Duma, Zebbeb, Sel, Cheraub and some other ones I can't remember at the moment, but this is fine too.

Impossible to say as of yet but its sadly unlikely.

The trailer for Rabanastre showed three bosses, two of them are recognizably Hashmal and Mateus from FF12. Including Mateus suggests they're using the FF12 cycle of Lucavi, Mateus being the Pisces demon instead of FFT's listing of Leviathan.

On the other hand the third boss they show is completely new, and more interestingly has the same magical circle that appears for its bow showy attack as appears during summon attacks in FF12 and in the trailer for Hashmal and Mateus when they're winding up. There's an outside chance that the chariot riding boss could actually be one of the unseen Lucavi (Rofochece the Sagittarius Lucavi?), but it could also be a completely original doofus to kill.

October 10th will tell.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Rhonne posted:

The final boss will actually be Marche, who will be trying to destroy Ivalice in order to get us to "wake up" and escape this fantasy.
Marche is actually the mustache man, whose dumb grimoire/script screws everything up, this time with 200% more Ivalice!

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So for those of you who've seen their fair share of patches. I have incredibly poo poo internet (DSL), so I'm wondering how big are these patches usually, and if there's a preload of sorts like there is for WoW?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
normally around a gig, and no

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Bolow posted:

So for those of you who've seen their fair share of patches. I have incredibly poo poo internet (DSL), so I'm wondering how big are these patches usually, and if there's a preload of sorts like there is for WoW?

They usually go up a little before the patch maintenance is over. I'm hoping way before because I'm trying for a house.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Wacky Delly posted:

They usually go up a little before the patch maintenance is over. I'm hoping way before because I'm trying for a house.

Looking at like 2-3hrs to download the patch so I hope the patch is downloadable early :smith:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

a medical mystery posted:

make sure you're not spamming adloquium it has a really significant cost now

Hahaha guess who is a moron who forgot Physick was a thing? This dumbass.

(God I'm so stupid :negative:)

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

A. Beaverhausen posted:

don't worry, once you hit 70 you can forget its a thing again most of the time.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

This made me laugh because it also happened to me when I picked up SCH after a super long time of not playing it, so you're not alone.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I keep missing Behemoth and Ixion.

The Linkshell I'm in didn't even mention Behemoth was around until people in it had already killed it. :smith:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

This made me laugh because it also happened to me when I picked up SCH after a super long time of not playing it, so you're not alone.

I just don't believe I went through a dungeon healing with just the MP equivalent of Aspected Benefic.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 30, 2017

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I haven't done ixion since SB launch when it was so congested you couldn't even enter the zone. Im guessing people just hang out in the lochs all day cos I haven't heard anyone talk about it for months.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I doubt anyone is still doing Ixion.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Saint Freak posted:

I doubt anyone is still doing Ixion.
Someone does. Not too many people do it, so they tend to fail or they fail because they ignore mechanics.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

You only need 2 ixions for the mount now, so I'd imagine most have lost interest.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Ixion is one of the ugliest mounts in the game

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

slev posted:

It is! But it increases your mount total by one and as such is mandatory.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Once you have the Broom and Twintania, you don't need more mounts.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Broom is cool, Twintania is trash, the best mounts are those flying balls I don't have.

edit: please repost that screenshot with two catgirls with black and white glamours and ball mounts

Shy fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 30, 2017

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

slev posted:

I was late to the party and never got Ixion, I'm guessing I'm probably out of luck on that? I mean, I'll live with my Twintania and Partydog mounts, but it might be nice to have.

Also I got a proper desktop with a proper graphics card. 1080p HDR selfies soon! sorry not sorry

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

My friend helped me get Kirin the other day. Now I can ride my favorite Japanese beer around :unsmith:

Also today I found out I can't solo Stone Vigil Hard while trying to complete the second to last Zodiac Weapon quest :negative:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

slev posted:

It's amazing when other people use it in PVP because it makes their clickbox like 10 times larger.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

It's amazing when other people use it in PVP because it makes their clickbox like 10 times larger.

whisper a go go is the best for pvp

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Kuvo posted:

No, just the non-glowy whisper-go. Why have glow effects that make you stand out?

Let the idiot that rides firebird into pvp and doesn't understand why he always gets ganged up on first and bitches at the healers for not being able to keep them from being a stain on the ground draw attention for you, while you flank, take objectives, or beat a hasty retreat.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 30, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kuvo posted:

And particularly for Fields of Glory because it actually works as camouflage against the snow.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Shy posted:

It is! But it increases your mount total by one and as such is mandatory.

Now here's someone who gets it.

Also, Ixion looks like the Final Fantasy X version with almost no changes.

On the topic of Mounts, can I use that EU event to get the cloud in my NA game? Or would that not work?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

On the topic of Mounts, can I use that EU event to get the cloud in my NA game? Or would that not work?

quote:

You will need to login with a European Square Enix account in order to redeem

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I was afraid of that.

Oh well. I guess I can wait until it gets put on Mog Station.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Shy posted:

Broom is cool, Twintania is trash, the best mounts are those flying balls I don't have.

edit: please repost that screenshot with two catgirls with black and white glamours and ball mounts

This probably isn't the one you meant but it does have catgirls matched with their ball mounts

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

This probably isn't the one you meant but it does have catgirls matched with their ball mounts

Careful, those balls are almost touching.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
I just did Keeper of the Lake, and while I got the gist of what was said, I still had to look up the hell the rest of Midgardsormr said.

Why did they excise so much info, ironically including the very reason he talks the way he is doing with the player? And make him so unneccesarily antagonistic? If he's too chatty, they could've, y'know...used those lines for that instead.

At least I get a cute dragon perched on my shoulder. :3:

Edit: I finally got some Cred from Lucia :smuggo:

Rastan Beeza fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 1, 2017

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
The Foxman giveth, and the Foxman taketh away.

More seriously, Koji Fox apparently has a lot of leeway to localize stuff as he sees fit. Sometimes this is good, like with a certain Elezen you're about to see a lot of who went from boring and kinda creepy in JP to being probably the most universally liked NPC in the English version. Sometimes it leads to weirdness, like with Midgardsormr or the ongoing argument over whether or not you're actually soloing everything in the game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rastan Beeza posted:

Why did they excise so much info, ironically including the very reason he talks the way he is doing with the player? And make him so unneccesarily antagonistic? If he's too chatty, they could've, y'know...used those lines for that instead.

Yeah, the Midgardsormr cutscene is just baffling. I was confused by what happened, let alone his flowery speech pattern.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Yo if the Lucavi from Ivalice are going to be an issue in Rturn to Ivalice then what about finding things like Cu Culain in the void ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Re: Midgardsormr

:3: