Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Piell fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

mrkillboy posted:

That promised Super Mario Run update is rolling out now with its new Remix 10 mode. The full game unlock is also 50% off until October 12th.

Thanks. I didn't bite at $10, but I'll throw $5 survey bucks at it just to incentivize Nintendo to keep developing for Android/Apple mobile. (Give us Zelda/Metroid next!)

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

The friend system in Pocket Mine 3 is really bad? There are people constantly spamming requests for everything. Am I missing something or is it simply a way to give away your progress after you got your achievement for the first time? Doesn't help that the game ignored me deactivating notifications.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Finishing collections is a good way to earn cards so if I have like one item left that I need I'll ask the friend list to see if anyone has spares.

But since everyone in the thread is now friends with 50+ goons I can see it getting spammy real quick.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Doesn't help that the game ignored me deactivating notifications.

Good to know it's not just me.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I wish the request worked like how they do in Deep Town. You would post a request for 5000 Coal, and people would donate to it and once it completed no more could be unless requested. Everyone would know to send some or not. In this maybe by the time I saw the request that person already got the item.

It sucks in this game because you can get so many more than need. Whenever I have extras of a completed collection I send them.

An update just got pushed that now limits artifact requests to only 5 a day.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 29, 2017

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

Thanks. I didn't bite at $10, but I'll throw $5 survey bucks at it just to incentivize Nintendo to keep developing for Android/Apple mobile. (Give us Zelda/Metroid next!)

I would play the poo poo out of a Metroid Runner.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Digital Jedi posted:

An update just got pushed that now limits artifact requests to only 5 a day.

Thank goodness. It got to the point where I mindlessly deleted them and always realised too late when one came up I could actually help with, my fingers were faster than my brain.

The crafted gear I get seems dodgy. I'm crafting at level 30 now but haven't had any gloves since the blacksmith was level 6. Yet I've had the same crowbar pick 5 times with better stats, the same worm crate boots several times and the same chest detection hat multiple times. Those three things over and over, never anything else. What's everyone else's crafting like?

Konsek fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 29, 2017

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I really want the apk for puzzle fighter.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Agoat posted:

I've been playing it but it gets tiring quick because there's no solo mode

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Agoat posted:

Here it is on APKPure

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

Konsek posted:

Thank goodness. It got to the point where I mindlessly deleted them and always realised too late when one came up I could actually help with, my fingers were faster than my brain.

The crafted gear I get seems dodgy. I'm crafting at level 30 now but haven't had any gloves since the blacksmith was level 6. Yet I've had the same crowbar pick 5 times with better stats, the same worm crate boots several times and the same chest detection hat multiple times. Those three things over and over, never anything else. What's everyone else's crafting like?

I was enjoying the game for a while but this really killed my interest in it. I just kept crafting the same few useless items over and over, including a mountain of those stupid worm boots.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Konsek posted:

My crafting level is 15 but seems mostly varied, I do get the same Nitramine Kicker boots a lot though.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

My crafting is like level (e: 30 now, apparently it caps there?) and I feel like I get a good variety of things? It did take me a while to get a new pick, though. Rolling with a pick that shoots out fireworks when I kill dudes, a hat to find dudes to kill, and a ring that makes fireworks destroy blocks on bounce :getin:

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 30, 2017

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Konsek posted:

I was just coming to post this. I always craft purple or gold gear and I'm up to level 27 crafting but I'm stuck with the same level 9 blue gloves.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

the most frustrating part of pocket mine 3, for me, is that you can't get sneak attacks on those stupid mimic chests, even if you know where and what they are

mimic chests kill me so much..... :sigh:

eta: I checked reddit and apparently one of the devs left a facebook comment that said they literally forgot to put any legendary gloves in the game. So, uh, keep that in mind I guess :psyduck:

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 30, 2017

ack
Mar 16, 2007
ack ack ack ack
You might as well click this link to add me as friend in Pocket Mine 3.
http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=czwh6405

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Toot toot!
:bandwagon:

http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=bxfn7287

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Are emulators still a thing? Been thinking about buying an 8bitdo controller to play OMF 2097 a rich and diverse variety of old games, but I don't actually know how feasible that is.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

FistEnergy posted:

I was just coming to post this. I always craft purple or gold gear and I'm up to level 27 crafting but I'm stuck with the same level 9 blue gloves.

someone awful. posted:

eta: I checked reddit and apparently one of the devs left a facebook comment that said they literally forgot to put any legendary gloves in the game. So, uh, keep that in mind I guess :psyduck:

Also said that legendary gloves will be added at some point.

In between all the friend codes there, there's this interesting Google document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ayJYIseCHdjmiW56cMYicIYtn8dKFMZgaw7pAyjY1Ig/edit#gid=0

So there is just a small handful of effects each piece of gear can possibly have. For example a legendary amulet will only ever have Phoenix or +X% chance of rarer token. Or worm boots are the only legendary boots. I hope if they do add gloves, they add some other stuff too.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I feel like the main key to advancing in this game is to max out your bonus keys, and just open chests all over the place.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I just love getting all the most explodingest cards and gear and exploding my way down. Dig as little as possible, follow any already open paths, and always hit the crate or exploding ore you find at the bottom of that path.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Konsek posted:

I just love getting all the most explodingest cards and gear and exploding my way down. Dig as little as possible, follow any already open paths, and always hit the crate or exploding ore you find at the bottom of that path.

:same:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seravid posted:

Are emulators still a thing? Been thinking about buying an 8bitdo controller to play OMF 2097 a rich and diverse variety of old games, but I don't actually know how feasible that is.

Get the Broglia emulators, well worth the money.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
The Greedy Cave is a pretty cool roguelike. Neat art style reminiscent of Don't Starve!, with an interesting progress mechanic. Levels are permanent, but only gear of a certain quality is saved between runs. Nothing in the way of paywalls so far either.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Get the Broglia emulators, well worth the money.

Cool, I'll definitely try a few of them. He doesn't make a DOS emulator, but Magic DOSBox seems to work ok.

Any suggestions as to which 8bitdo controller to buy? I'm partial to the classic SNES pad, but one with twin sticks would probably make more sense.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

The Greedy Cave is a pretty cool roguelike. Neat art style reminiscent of Don't Starve!, with an interesting progress mechanic. Levels are permanent, but only gear of a certain quality is saved between runs. Nothing in the way of paywalls so far either.

Yeah it was pretty popular in this thread for a while. It is a good game.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

If you don't like some of the IAP systems in that Greedy Cave game, it's actually based on the Enchanted Cave (and the sequel) which have the same basic gameplay. I really enjoyed both of those, and they're worth checking out.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Chinook posted:

If you don't like some of the IAP systems in that Greedy Cave game, it's actually based on the Enchanted Cave (and the sequel) which have the same basic gameplay. I really enjoyed both of those, and they're worth checking out.

Holy poo poo Enchanted cave 2 came out? And for Android. Hell yeah

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
I forgot how difficult it is to navigate the hellscape that is the Google Play store.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seravid posted:

Cool, I'll definitely try a few of them. He doesn't make a DOS emulator, but Magic DOSBox seems to work ok.

Any suggestions as to which 8bitdo controller to buy? I'm partial to the classic SNES pad, but one with twin sticks would probably make more sense.

I bought the plain SNES ones on a sale last year and they work well. Having the twin sticks would be nice, but since I only emulate up to the 16-bit era, I don't really miss them. Plus, I could always use a PS3 controller if I wanted them.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I bought the plain SNES ones on a sale last year and they work well. Having the twin sticks would be nice, but since I only emulate up to the 16-bit era, I don't really miss them. Plus, I could always use a PS3 controller if I wanted them.

Is your phone rooted? Unless something's changed, that's the only way you'll be getting PS3 controller connectivity, at least via Bluetooth.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
How's the input lag on the 8bitdo controllers? I have a cheap Ipega and the lag over bluetooth makes more actiony games completely unplayable.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is your phone rooted? Unless something's changed, that's the only way you'll be getting PS3 controller connectivity, at least via Bluetooth.

Fair enough, I was thinking of the Raspberry Pi instead of Android.

Forktoss posted:

How's the input lag on the 8bitdo controllers? I have a cheap Ipega and the lag over bluetooth makes more actiony games completely unplayable.

A bit of lag, but I only usually notice it when I'm trying to make those platform jumps in Super Mario World. At least with the Pi, you can directly connect them via USB (which defeats the wireless aspect, but ah well).

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 1, 2017

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I hadn't thought about input lag. That would ruin fighting games :/

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

The dark side of Google Play gets weeeeeird.

For your consideration, I present BEEFWAR

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Relentless posted:

The dark side of Google Play gets weeeeeird.

For your consideration, I present BEEFWAR

Cool, a non-working video and a chart of cuts of beef. That tells me everything I need to know.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
It's actually pretty reflective of the game itself.

It's from the maker of Enviro-Bear 2000, which should tell you much of what you'd need to know.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

delfin posted:

It's actually pretty reflective of the game itself.

It's from the maker of Enviro-Bear 2000, which should tell you much of what you'd need to know.

And Realistic Summer Sports Simulator, which everyone should be playing all the time. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RushJet
Aug 29, 2013

Barfk! Barfk!
:goatdrugs:
Mine pockets, add friends.
http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=rdrr7215

This game is great