Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Just do what about 100% of the population of the planet Earth does and don't feed your kid poo poo like peanut butter sandwiches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Peanut butter is fine if you don't get the lovely sugar-bomb ones.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Just give the kid a nice ham-and-emmental with some cucumber. Peanut butter is still incredibly fatty.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Peanut butter is healthy if you don't empty half a jar on a single slice of bread.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Peanut butter is healthy if you don't empty half a jar on a single slice of bread.

For a really weird, bad, and useless definition of healthy. It's literally 50% fat.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Fat isn't evil.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Fat's not bad :confused:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Gross. If you do it like that, you just have a fat slab of peanut butter that's going to come off in chunks because it's not smeared onto the bread.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Fat isn't evil.

Plinkey posted:

Fat's not bad :confused:

OK then.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Peanut is unsaturated fats, and kids need more fat than adults. (Under 3 the advice is to only use full-fat milk, for example).

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

As long as you maintain your recommended doses of nutrients, glucose and protein, it doesn't really matter if all the remaining energy comes from fat. The only problem is that it is easier to overeat on fatty foods, but that is an individual issue.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
All macronutrients are bad for you.

The only healthy lifestyle is breatarianism

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon posted:

All macronutrients are bad for you.

The only healthy lifestyle is breatarianism

lol if you don't survive on photosynthesis

just lol

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Oxygen is a narcotic, so breathing's out.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Randaconda posted:

just lol

photosynthesis produces carbs

all plants are probably diabetic

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Jerry Cotton posted:

Just give the kid a nice ham-and-emmental with some cucumber. Peanut butter is still incredibly fatty.

Yeah, kids love that poo poo

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Justin's Peanut Butter is the best--not sweet at all, and so sticky if you swallow a big glob it feels like you're being strangled from the inside!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

artsy fartsy posted:

Justin's Peanut Butter is the best--not sweet at all, and so sticky if you swallow a big glob it feels like you're being strangled from the inside!

And I have never seen it anywhere in town, so irrelevant.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Samizdata posted:

And I have never seen it anywhere in town, so irrelevant.

The food co-op here carries it, it's ridiculously expensive for not being too different from natural jif.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Randaconda posted:

just lol

I have Enrique to photosynthesize for me

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Peanut butter slices aren't even an original lifehack. Watching that gave me this horrible flashback to a thing that was like Kraft singles sold in stores, but then I wondered, "Did I imagine it all?"

No. It was all true.

Though, I don't remember ever seeing the companion product which I guess would taste like a thicker Fruit Roll-up, maybe.

A true LIFEHACK is just chuck a bag of Wonderbread and a jar of Goober into a brown paper sack. Kid's got enough food for at least a week.

Even better -- use the plastic bag from the previous week's loaf. Why waste money? Or time? Or effort? Or thought?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

In that case why not just bake them a boston cake with grape jelly instead of plum jam, and some peanut butter thrown in.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Life hack: bake a boston cake anyway it's good :yum:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Smucker's all-natural peanut butter is amazing and not hard to find at all.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Lifehack if you don't have to stir the peanut butter before you eat it it's not good peanut butter.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Just throw peanuts on the floor and mash them with your feet then eat the resulting peanut mash off the floor like a animal.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

I.C. posted:

Peanut butter slices aren't even an original lifehack. Watching that gave me this horrible flashback to a thing that was like Kraft singles sold in stores, but then I wondered, "Did I imagine it all?"

No. It was all true.

Though, I don't remember ever seeing the companion product which I guess would taste like a thicker Fruit Roll-up, maybe.

A true LIFEHACK is just chuck a bag of Wonderbread and a jar of Goober into a brown paper sack. Kid's got enough food for at least a week.

Even better -- use the plastic bag from the previous week's loaf. Why waste money? Or time? Or effort? Or thought?

They can use the bread tab from the bag as a spreader, right?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Yeah, kids love that poo poo

that person has never been within ten feet of a child

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

sebmojo posted:

that person has never been within ten feet of a child

Good?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

artsy fartsy posted:

Whatever brand it is, the best peanut butter is 100% peanuts and nothing else. And if you can't find any like that then you can just make it yourself.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tiggum posted:

Whatever brand it is, the best peanut butter is 100% peanuts and nothing else. And if you can't find any like that then you can just make it yourself.

Yes, I said that already. Make it yourself, on the floor, like a animal.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Tiggum posted:

You should add a little salt to balance the flavor.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

pr0zac posted:

You should add a little salt to balance the flavor.

No.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Sorry about your bland peanut butter. :)

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Holy loving CHRIST do goons ever love to chatter back and forth about food preferences. Two pages. gently caress.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

poop dood posted:

Holy loving CHRIST do goons ever love to chatter back and forth about food preferences. Two pages. gently caress.

I prefer food preference chat. How does it feel to be wrong?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Life hack: Use ketchup as a base for your bbq sauce to show people you're not a horrible person.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Jerry Cotton posted:

In that case why not just bake them a boston cake with grape jelly instead of plum jam, and some peanut butter thrown in.

Am in Boston. Was born in Boston. Family has been in Boston area for 297 years. This is not a cake we have here. Cake is misnamed.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

oh, indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Lifehack if you don't have to stir the peanut butter before you eat it it's not good peanut butter.

Lifehack: use an electric mixer in the jar and it will stay stirred!