Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

He said it's from last year. If you have a problem that got worse over the offseason that's a disaster heading into the season.

yeah, but he didn't say it got worse, just that it didn't heal up as quickly as they thought/hoped it would

i'm with you that its definitely not good, but i'm trying to say more hopeful

yes, everyone else, i know its bashez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/914304335068180480

Bruh.

https://twitter.com/shahanLA/status/914297493738840065

Lonzo is gonna be the goat.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 1, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

They are a fascinating business to me, because other than one that seems to be able to stay open, the bars die instantly the second a new one opens up. But there's always 3-4 open in town at one time, with the oldest one cycling out every six months as a new one opens.

They're probably great for money laundering and for people who want to start a business but don't understand running a business

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

that's ridiculous.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
anyone else loving this jersey ad talk during the game?

loving

fascinating

:suicide:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

He had one of the best big-man passing seasons of ALL TIME last year. He's one of the best players in the league

of course it's still good

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RaySmuckles posted:

anyone else loving this jersey ad talk during the game?

loving

fascinating

:suicide:

I was playing 2k the other day and there was like a 5 minute convo about jersey adds all while awesome shots and dunks were going down on the court

SHUTUP SHUTUP AND CALL THE GAME

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Brolander posted:

that's ridiculous.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Looks like the NBA isn't going to offer audio league pass as a stand alone this year (you can get audio if you pay for video but then what's the loving point??), which is a bummer. But Tunein has NBA games with Tunein+ and it's almost worth the 1300% price increase to use a competently designed app to listen to NBA games instead of the piece of poo poo garbage NBA app.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
does anyone know if you can upgrade from team to league pass

my auto went through for team but this year we'd probably rather have league

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

RaySmuckles posted:

I think if you contact support they'd probably do it for you.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

I think if you contact support they'd probably do it for you.

thanks. that was the plan but they're super clogged up right now.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Rick posted:

Looks like the NBA isn't going to offer audio league pass as a stand alone this year (you can get audio if you pay for video but then what's the loving point??), which is a bummer. But Tunein has NBA games with Tunein+ and it's almost worth the 1300% price increase to use a competently designed app to listen to NBA games instead of the piece of poo poo garbage NBA app.

Who the gently caress wants to listen to basketball?

Aside, my quads hurt after hitting into a half dozen ground balls in my softball double header last week and they are getting better now so I bet Kawhi will be fine.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

RaySmuckles posted:

There's upgrade option if you go to your account. I'm thinking about going to the premium one that includes the in arena cam. It says no commercials, does that mean no commercials period?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Who the gently caress wants to listen to basketball?

Aside, my quads hurt after hitting into a half dozen ground balls in my softball double header last week and they are getting better now so I bet Kawhi will be fine.

listening to radio sports is a good way to get in touch with your ancestors spirits, to feel the lives of bygone men and women who existed in a very different way from us, yet still felt the same as we do

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'll flip on a Bulls game on the radio if I'm in my car, and I've listened to my fair share of heartbreaking Northwestern Big Ten Tournament losses from "Mr. Cat" Dave Eanet, but what I can't do is understand for five seconds how the gently caress someone can listen to hockey on the radio.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'll flip on a Bulls game on the radio if I'm in my car, and I've listened to my fair share of heartbreaking Northwestern Big Ten Tournament losses from "Mr. Cat" Dave Eanet, but what I can't do is understand for five seconds how the gently caress someone can listen to hockey on the radio.

It's better than actually having to watch hockey.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
B-ball on radio is fun to me

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's pretty easy to find radio streams for free directly from stations' websites.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I sometimes listened to games at work, since I can multitask with that but not video. Basketball on the radio isn't bad, if it's a good announcer it can be pretty engaging. If the announcer is whiny or over apologetic then it's usually not worth it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Bulls' radio guys are Chuck Swirsky who is good and should replace Neil Funk on the TV who spent the entirety of last season calling MCW "Michael Carter" because I sincerely think he thought his name was Michael-Carter Williams and noted Bulls Dynasty Era Superstar and 7/21 Feet of poo poo Bill Wennington who thinks he is much funnier than he actually is. As far as Bulls broadcasters, I think I have Stacey King Stockholm Syndrome and can now say his catchphrases with him like the legendary goon who says all of Riddick's lines and does his karate moves after he open palm slaps the tape into the VCR.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

The Bulls' radio guys are Chuck Swirsky who is good and should replace Neil Funk on the TV who spent the entirety of last season calling MCW "Michael Carter" because I sincerely think he thought his name was Michael-Carter Williams and noted Bulls Dynasty Era Superstar and 7/21 Feet of poo poo Bill Wennington who thinks he is much funnier than he actually is. As far as Bulls broadcasters, I think I have Stacey King Stockholm Syndrome and can now say his catchphrases with him like the legendary goon who says all of Riddick's lines and does his karate moves after he open palm slaps the tape into the VCR.

"Meet me at the rim - don't be late!" is genuinely cool

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

You won't truly have Stacey King syndrome until you live in Lawton, Ok for an undetermined number of years

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I'm still hosed up over Kyrie rejecting LeBron's fatherly influence. That's like if Lil Wayne said Birdman wasn't his daddy. That's like if the Migos and Waka Flocka just kinda existed without Gucci Mane introducing them. It's a sad idea.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

AggressivelyStupid posted:

There's upgrade option if you go to your account. I'm thinking about going to the premium one that includes the in arena cam. It says no commercials, does that mean no commercials period?

thanks, i think i just figured it out

with the premium, i think it just doesn't cut away to those hilariously narrated "top 10s" or the music with the leaderboards.

instead, i assume, it just stays in the arena and you see the acts and cheerleaders and stuff.

i don't know for sure though

i've never seen an actual "commercial" while using league pass

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Guess who is back

quote:

Justin Jackson on Harry Giles: ‘Looks like he's back’

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Top five things I am looking forward to this season

5. Sick Jokic big man passes
4. Simmons and Fultz playing together
3. Giannis MVP season
2. Red Panda halftime shows on league pass
1. Westbrook killing Melo for constantly ball hogging in the last two minutes

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ray's Top 5 Things For the Upcoming Season:

5) How the new Super Teams pan out

4) How Rudy Gay and the other new players fit on the Spurs

3) Will LaMarcus have a redemption year

2) Competition in the West

1) Kawhi winning the MVP

Honorable Mention: Just having NBA basketball back. Feels like its been forever.

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 1, 2017

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Stiev's Top 5 Things

5) Sick Dunks

4) KAT

3) Can't think of one

2) Enjoying a sport not being co-opted by white supremacists

1) Can't think of one

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It's beautiful...

https://twitter.com/its_whitney/status/914465956667297793

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

No Queen Latifah picking Shawn Kemp's pocket, not impressed

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can't stop thinking about a version of NBA Jam where the Bulls players are Robin Lopez and Cam Payne.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

can't stop thinking about a version of NBA Jam where the Bulls players are Robin Lopez and Cam Payne.

That team is built for big head mode

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

This'll be interesting.

https://twitter.com/therealjrsmith/status/914557628868710400

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's pretty easy to find radio streams for free directly from stations' websites.

They black out the games on the stations' streams, or at least they're supposed to and usually do.

Cool Buff Man posted:

B-ball on radio is fun to me

Yeah agreed. I don't think it's something everyone is used to or it's fine.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

They black out the games on the stations' streams, or at least they're supposed to and usually do.

Can confirm blackouts in the NOLA and Baton Rouge area for online streaming radio broadcasts.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

RaySmuckles posted:

thanks, i think i just figured it out

with the premium, i think it just doesn't cut away to those hilariously narrated "top 10s" or the music with the leaderboards.

instead, i assume, it just stays in the arena and you see the acts and cheerleaders and stuff.

i don't know for sure though

i've never seen an actual "commercial" while using league pass

I've had ads play, like the same 2 loving ads. I'd pay the 50 more to never see them again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6364ItTQwUw

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
dunks look even cooler in the theater of the mind

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

tanglewood1420 posted:

Top five things I am looking forward to this season

5. Sick Jokic big man passes
4. Simmons and Fultz playing together
3. Giannis MVP season
2. Red Panda halftime shows on league pass
1. Westbrook killing Melo for constantly ball hogging in the last two minutes

Westbrook wouldn't pass KD the ball in the last two minutes so he sure as poo poo isn't gonna give it up to Melo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

leftist heap posted:

Westbrook wouldn't pass KD the ball in the last two minutes so he sure as poo poo isn't gonna give it up to Melo

:thunk:

• Locked thread