Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Well that was a bust. I go in wanting Shantotto USB and Tiny Bee, two pulls to my name.

1: 3/11: Rikku USB, Reks BSB, Vaan BSB.
2: 3/11: Vaan USB, Auron BSB, Seymour BSB.

I guess Vaan is up next to get levels!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Eh. I'll take it.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Kumog posted:

Well that was a bust. I go in wanting Shantotto USB and Tiny Bee, two pulls to my name.

this is one of the strangest posts

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

wizard on a water slide posted:

this is one of the strangest posts

He reverse psychologyd the game

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I did two pulls overall meh ish. 3/22 Reks, Shantotto USB and dupe Ashe.

Shantotto's record dive is interesting. A ton of black magic buffs, but do they affect witch abilities? I have her USB and CSB combo now, so I'm actually going to try to use her for Magicite.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Kumog posted:

Have.... have you seen what Vaan can do? Hone Thief's Revenge and Dash and Slash. Enjoy.

For maximum obscenity use an attack buff and Cloud USB RW.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I must remain strong and not try to pull for Balthier's BSB2

I would just Tiny Bee/11

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Pretty much that, yeah, went in with odd hopes, game tried to spite me and failed.

Only flaw with Vaan is that I have a fully dived Setzer already...but you know what, I wonder how fun it'll be to send both of them in for a MP raid.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kumog posted:

Only flaw with Vaan is that I have a fully dived Setzer already...but you know what, I wonder how fun it'll be to send both of them in for a MP raid.

Vaan plays really well with Setzer; if you need boss debuffs, bring Mug Bloodlust and use his BSB, pack FB and Power Breakdown on Setzer. If you need dps, slap on Slash + Dash and Thief's Revenge and go to town with his USB.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

Because there was a time in the game where they got the cute idea to make unique weapons for esoteric characters like Books, Blitzballs, Dolls, hairpins, etc.

Blitzballs are, at the very least, equippable by Tidus, Wakka, Jecht, and Rikku.

I just can't stop laughing at the supreme irony of a weapon with a non-RS elemental boost that can only be equipped by characters from a single realm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Huh, apparently Setzer can chase his USB chases with his LM2 chase. That was pretty fun to watch, if pointless, vs Omega. Full Break - LM Chase - USB Chase - LM Chase.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Dr Pepper posted:

Because there was a time in the game where they got the cute idea to make unique weapons for esoteric characters like Books, Blitzballs, Dolls, hairpins, etc.

Blitzballs are, at the very least, equippable by Tidus, Wakka, Jecht, and Rikku.

I think my favorite is somehow Setzer got the rational end of the bargain and after a single gambler's item was the time they realized that it was a loving stupid idea and just made all his items after throwing items.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

And the JP Pull-ocalypse has occurred. Sadly I can't do pictures since my emulator isn't working anymore but oh well.

Dollar Draw: The Terra UOSB I wanted (which means I can take the II package for Firion BSB to boot).
First Pull: Dupe Terra BSB2, Terra's Flash Tech and Krile LMR
Second Pull (for the gently caress of it): dupe Terra UOSB, dupe Terra LMR and Tidus BSB2.

So I was not meant to get Yuffie's new stuff, as it turns out but I'll take the consolation of a complete Terra. :v:

And, since I promised myself I'd do the second 33 pull if I had Myth left over after pulling on the banner:

Minwu USB, Golbez USB, Cecil BSB2 and a dupe Quistis BSB.

Gotta say, a really excellent finisher to the Fest for me. Can't wait to rip into Isegbind once I get some of this stuff mastered onto Terrra. :getin:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Fister Roboto posted:

I just can't stop laughing at the supreme irony of a weapon with a non-RS elemental boost that can only be equipped by characters from a single realm.

Eh, it's still better than Lann's OSB.

(Or Jecht's OSB, which is in that same boat but Jecht is the only character that can really make use of it.)

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I noticed I had enough crystals to R3 Omega Drive or Meltdown but not both. What do you guys think? Meltdown rules and is really generally useful but I have Cloud's USB and legend dive to take complete advantage of Omega Drive.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Heaven Spacey posted:

I noticed I had enough crystals to R3 Omega Drive or Meltdown but not both. What do you guys think? Meltdown rules and is really generally useful but I have Cloud's USB and legend dive to take complete advantage of Omega Drive.

see if you can't smash a few copies of lifebane

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Between machinist (lightning), sharpshooter (water, fire, ice), and thief (wind, poison), she can hit most elemental weaknesses for meter gain. Only missing earth, holy, and shadow.

Yeah I just need some sort of imperil on at the same time for those bosses with no weakness

Pander posted:

open with her USB

have her use dances or mug bloodlust or any of the billion abilities in her arsenal

have her refresh USB

what BSB?

BSB Gives water imperil though! That's actually quite good. But yeah obviously nowhere near as good as just the USB.

But yeah point taken just start honing other stuff and see what happens

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Fister Roboto posted:

If Terra was the only one that could use one of her massive fuckoff magic swords, I'd use it with her in other places realm synergy be damned if it boosted her fire damage.

In the far future, DeNA listens to my wish.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
Even though I have no dupes on this banner, I didn’t really want to pull. Only thing I really want is Rikku’s USB. But after seeing everyone’s pulls... couldn’t resist. Guess I wouldn’t mind having any of the other 6*s or Vaan/Ayame BSB.

2/11: Aphmau BSB, Balthier BSB2

Oh, uhh.. cool... :unsmith:

Well Balthier’s BSB2 will be my fire imperil now, doesn’t seem too bad. Better than my only other fire imperil Rubicante’s SSB. I don’t get what this Aphmau BSB actually does but I’ll take my first XI relic.

Got two pulls left, could probably scrounge up a third with the mythril pot and my leftover elite dungeons, so I’ll do a Crystal Tower pull and 1 or 2 on Phase 5 to finish out my festival pulls.

jebeebus fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Oct 1, 2017

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Did a JP pull on the last banner. Got 2/11 Terra and Yuffie UOSBs or whatever they're called.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
What are you guys doing against the treasure race Omega hard mode fight? I'm debuffing the crap out of him and he's still wrecking me with 3K AoEs.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Elephant Ambush posted:

What are you guys doing against the treasure race Omega hard mode fight? I'm debuffing the crap out of him and he's still wrecking me with 3K AoEs.

Don't waste your time or party/ability slots.with debuffs. Kill the fucker as quickly as you can.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
^ I just cast Last Stand as much as possible and use Stop/Halting Rumba during his last phase, everyone else DPS as much as possible

Also is it just me or is the orbfest being really stingy with power orbs... barely seeing any drop even on Part 1.

jebeebus fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 1, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Omega has 80% debuff resistance, so they're going to be fairly ineffective. Resistance buffs are going to matter way more.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

jebeebus posted:

^ I just cast Last Stand as much as possible and use Stop/Halting Rumba during his last phase, everyone else DPS as much as possible

Also is it just me or is the orbfest being really stingy with power orbs... barely seeing any drop even on Part 1.

I believe the mini cactuars on stage 3 are the power orb droppers which makes farming them crappy. Sucks cause I need lots.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Oh what, I thought it went in order of the name so I assumed P1 Power, P2 Black, P3 Wind. I’ve been doing P1 and mostly been getting wind orbs.

e: Ah yep, checked on Reddit and it seems it’s Wind > Black > Power. Boooo.

jebeebus fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 1, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

ApplesandOranges posted:

Omega has 80% debuff resistance, so they're going to be fairly ineffective. Resistance buffs are going to matter way more.

Oh ok thanks. I'll see if I can do a Cloud USB thing.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ApplesandOranges posted:

Well this explains some things.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
5/22 on Banner 4. Ashe's Dress x2, Auron's Warblade (dupe), Vaan USB, Tidus USB!

Pretty good haul, I can't complain! Ayame's BSB and Rikku's USB were the goals but I could have done a hell of a lot worse.

With no other toys, how do the two USBs stack up? I'm beginning to get lost in a sea of DPS relics~

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Vaan can go crazy buck wild with his USB since it has an ATK/RES 30% Mug attached and his EX-Mode gives a 30% damage boost to Thief abilities and makes them all instant cast. He'll run you dry of hones real quick but he'll poo poo out damage.

Tidus is a bit less crazy but still really respectable. Gives him EnWater and the EX-Mode chases every water attack with a 6-hit water attack. In theory if you also have his Water chain you could Lifesiphon up to 2 bars and then go into Chain > USB > Water Spam for some crazy chain building building. It helps that Tidus gets full Shooter access to make good use of this, and hey the USB is even a ranged weapon!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I have no idea what to do against treasure race Omega. I can get Shout and wall and proshellga up no problem but Edge and Vanille can't even build a bar for Last Stand and Transcendent Dream before half the team dies.

What are you guys doing?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm running ko resist and Bismarck to eat atomic rays

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

:toot: done with the roulette! Now I can use my stamina on other things

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

:toot: done with the roulette! Now I can use my stamina on other things

How many stamina refreshes did you end up using? I thought I was on a good pace but I've gone 0-3 for gold knights my last couple runs

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Ybrik posted:

How many stamina refreshes did you end up using? I thought I was on a good pace but I've gone 0-3 for gold knights my last couple runs
I used a mythril during the summon orb phase

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Vaan can go crazy buck wild with his USB since it has an ATK/RES 30% Mug attached and his EX-Mode gives a 30% damage boost to Thief abilities and makes them all instant cast. He'll run you dry of hones real quick but he'll poo poo out damage.

Tidus is a bit less crazy but still really respectable. Gives him EnWater and the EX-Mode chases every water attack with a 6-hit water attack. In theory if you also have his Water chain you could Lifesiphon up to 2 bars and then go into Chain > USB > Water Spam for some crazy chain building building. It helps that Tidus gets full Shooter access to make good use of this, and hey the USB is even a ranged weapon!

Someone in MP did a Tidus USB after the host did Tidus CSB and yeah it was crazy.

I was tagging along with Tidus bsb and double cast sapphire shots

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

I used a mythril during the summon orb phase

Just 1 that whole time? Nice

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Except for the FF6 bonus battles, I've spent every single point of stamina on Orbfest dungeons with no mythril resets. I'm still ~260 prizes short.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I refreshed probably 5 or more times and am still 170 prizes to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How much time do we have to get everything, I got around 600 to go :(

• Locked thread