Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Sadly he's doomed to always be the #2 Lions Kicker in my heart since Jason Hanson can never be replaced. He was getting up there in my regard, but now that he's proven to be human by missing a 50+ yard kick I just can't rank him at the top.

I'm still drat glad to have him of course, it's been pretty hilarious this year to see us at like 40 yards out from the endzone and just trot out Prater to get us points, he had one kick last week that looked like it'd have been good from like 65 or something insane like that.

Happy to beat the Vikings too, though I was hoping after how last week went down we'd become unstoppable death machines and beat everyone by 20 points the rest of the year out of sheer rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't mind Caldwell and his coaching style can win in the NFL. Unfortunately, it doesn't lend itself at all to "unstoppable death machine football." More like "Squeaked out another win by a score."

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Still no 100 yard rusher for the Lions since Reginald Bush in 2014.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gonz posted:

Still no 100 yard rusher for the Lions since Reginald Bush in 2014.

2013. I like how they brought that up a million times and then Ameer got hurt with 6 yards to go

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

2013. I like how they brought that up a million times and then Ameer got hurt with 6 yards to go

Apparently he's not even really hurt, they just didn't want to risk it after a close call.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

xsf421 posted:

Apparently he's not even really hurt, they just didn't want to risk it after a close call.

s'fine with me, I wish we played that way more often and didn't let people keep playing kinda hurt and end up super hurt.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Thread title needs to be changed to Dalvin Cook or maybe just Vikings in general. I really don't know of a team in any sport that's had legitimate hopes and dreams ruthlessly crushed time and time again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Henchman of Santa posted:

And they made a big deal about how Cook never fumbled.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

So does that count as a win against a team with a winning record?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
they're 2-2 now so no :colbert:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm not worried about anyone in this trash division, Lions will prevail

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

howe_sam posted:

So does that count as a win against a team with a winning record?

Pretty sure it's based on record at the end of the year.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Vikings are now guaranteed to finish 8-8 at best.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sorry for guaranteeing you won't have a winning season, Vikings. :(

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Eh, at least hopes were dashed early this season? Plus the defense is still fun to watch, it's not all grim.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm so glad the Twins bridged the entire gap from Baseball to Basketball so I didn't have to rely on Football for anything :toot:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/914859953692737543

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Da Bears

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Dexo posted:

Da Bears

He's gonna die. The vikings line abused the Lions on Sunday.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

Darth Brooks posted:

Thread title needs to be changed to Dalvin Cook or maybe just Vikings in general. I really don't know of a team in any sport that's had legitimate hopes and dreams ruthlessly crushed time and time again.
Goddamn I loved watching him in college and started following the Vikings just to keep up with him. I was listening to the game on Sirius when he got hurt ughhhh.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Dat Trubinsky kid is gonna right da ship

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Scipiotik posted:

He's gonna die. The vikings line abused the Lions on Sunday.

On the flip side, the Vikings losing to a rookie QB on MNF would not surprise anyone.

Less cynically, the team does struggle a ton at Soldier Field regardless of the current quality of the Bears. Add in the Vikings are using their backup QB and RB, I'm not signing on for an easy victory.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Oh poo poo. Monday Night Football is gonna rule! Bringing the kid out in prime time against a good defense is sink or swim as gently caress, and I'm down.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Trubsiky will be fine as long as the Bears o-line holds. How good is the Bears o-line?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

VJeff posted:

Trubsiky will be fine as long as the Bears o-line holds. How good is the Bears o-line?

It's bad

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014
It isn't like the backup rb for the vikings is some scrub. Losing Cook sucks big time, but they should be fine with Murray

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

iospace posted:

It's bad

They aren't the Cowboys or Raiders, but they aren't bad at all. Long, Whitehair, Grasu, Sitton are all good and Leno isn't awful.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Yeah, for the first time in ages they aren't in the top 10 in sacks allowed this year.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

weird Asian candy posted:

They aren't the Cowboys or Raiders, but they aren't bad at all. Long, Whitehair, Grasu, Sitton are all good and Leno isn't awful.

They gave Glennon plenty of time most of the game Thursday. The only sack the Packers got was on the first offensive play Chicago had. For reference the Packers have had three per game until then.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

They've also been using extra TEs to block.

I have real misgivings about throwing the kid out there already. This situation is the reason we have Sanchez, might as well use him.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Pops Mgee posted:

Pretty sure it's based on record at the end of the year.

Well that's just dumb.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

VJeff posted:

And they made a big deal about how Cook never fumbled.

There was also a mention on Minnesota's kicker having a consecutive FG streak, right before he hit one off the goalpost.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Wilford Cutlery posted:

I have real misgivings about throwing the kid out there already. This situation is the reason we have Sanchez, might as well use him.

I think fox is sabotaging him on purpose to justify putting Sanchez out there down the road

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Wilford Cutlery posted:

I don't hold to the theory that you can ruin a kid by putting him our early, except in extreme circumstances like Carr in Houston. Glennon does not navigate the pocket well and the only way Trubisky is going get better is with game reps. We are playing for next year, so he might as well start.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Sataere posted:

I don't hold to the theory that you can ruin a kid by putting him our early, except in extreme circumstances like Carr in Houston. Glennon does not navigate the pocket well and the only way Trubisky is going get better is with game reps. We are playing for next year, so he might as well start.

Agreed. Sending out a rookie with bad O-line is a terrible idea. Sending out a rookie with a bad receiving corp is unfortunate, but something he will have to learn to deal with.

Now were this the Bears' offensive line of 5 years ago, my tune would different.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

I just think MNF against a division rival is a bad matchup to debut him. The long week to prepare is in Trubs favor though.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

OH MY GOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:five:

• Locked thread