Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

tbf there's a vote on this issue this week

tying a recent mass death tragedy to a looming "common sense" gun reform vote and hedging your all bets on that has worked out greats for Dems in the past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

shiksa posted:

hahaha wow i genuinely did not see that coming

of course you didnt because your Mind is Controlled :tinfoil:

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

succ posted:

Holy poo poo I remember that. Someone link that video of Trump dancing around in church.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbkGAlqxFzQ

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Turdfuzz posted:

ur just tryin to justify her awfulness so u can keep on lovin her u sick gently caress

:suezo:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ex post facho posted:

guy definitely used full autos, only thing accounts for the RPM heard on the recordings and death toll.

with such strict regulation, how could someone obtain such an automatic weapon???

a guy at the store this morning mentioned he was in the army and they could change the spring to make a semi into a full

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

GobiasIndustries posted:

tbf there's a vote on this issue this week

And seriously a supressor would have only helped the shooter

juche avocado posted:

where was there a goddamn dinosaur/alien stripper??

When Beth calls Rick about being a clone, in the background when Rick is passing the :420:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/science360/status/914848898220531712
im the smokey orb

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

"No, we didn't think stockpiling guns and ammunition was a warning sign. Guns good... Right? Guns good??"

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

shiksa posted:

hahaha wow i genuinely did not see that coming

xcom is good and real my friend

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

:same:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Any news on how the shooter acquired the guns?

its much easier than you think it would be to just buy full auto weapons since there's so many loopholes around them

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

guns are good and there should be no restrictions but also he totally should not have had his machine gun and whoever gave it to him is actually the bad guy.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*tips back cowboy hat w/ thumb* well howdy folks my names Smokey Bubble and im here to talk to you about the benefits of gun ownership

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Vox Nihili posted:

Any news on how the shooter acquired the guns?

go to lawyer, have trust setup, pay lots of money??

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
u also don't need to buy full auto (which is real annoying and expensive), just get a 100% legal and easy bump stock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6tORrODJE

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Considering the distance this shooting took place at, wouldn't the fact that the silencer slows the round down considerably have resulted in potentially less hyperdeath?

The bullet drop would be more noticeable and have to be corrected for, but it would still be deadly.

source: my considerable PUBG experience

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Joementum posted:

puuuuuuuttttttttiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn!!! :argh:

It was the CIA you God drat loony , jeez

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

and now we go to former president barack obama for his reaction: uhh, well, uh, those cool little pop cap guns you can get at the uh grocery store, they're bad. folks, we need to rededicate all of our efforts to uhh banning what is essentially a gateway drug

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/MandalayBay/status/914893207388938240

Company that turns multi-billion dollar profits every year asks for volunteers when a tragedy takes place on their property. Go capitalism!

:capitalism:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

NofrikinfuN posted:

"No, we didn't think stockpiling guns and ammunition was a warning sign. Guns good... Right? Guns good??"

it's extremely good and someone having this as their hobby and part of their identity is very health and normal

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Durf posted:

Amidst the weeping throngs, the president was seen swaying back and forth with a grin on his face, arms flapping about before eventually pulling his shirt over his head.

My governor just announced all flags lowered to half staff for Las Vegas.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
NFL Players!! :argh:
https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/914907265144164353

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Nastier Nate posted:

I think your brain has been numbed and forgot how horrific the response to Sandy Hook was and I don't blame you one bit, everything is hosed up. But this doesn't feel any worse to me.

I think we'll need to get to the point of 51% of Americans being directly affected by gun violence before any laws change, give or take a few points based on gerrymandering.

Sandy Hook was 2012 before social media really exploded everywhere and everyone had access to it. People are much more directly confronted with Vegas compared to back then and are much more connected to someone who would point out how loving ridiculous our gun laws are

of course the chuds will double down but they're not the majority, not close to it

I dunno, I'm not making any predictions, but the response to this feels different already and it's not even 24 hours, maybe I'm just connected to too many leftists nowadays

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

al!
AL!!!
AL-QAEDA!!! HMMMMMMMM

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/lgmaterna/status/914832134204002304

ooh speecy ohh a spicy take

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I wonder what the largest orb in the universe is that isn't the universe itself

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Al! posted:

why do people want more guns than they have hands :shrug:

brace of pistol is a classic way to accessorize

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

your mom

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
lol that the top four deadliest shootings in US history have all happened in the last decade. Just don't leave the house ever

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

That DICK! posted:

i'm shocked that within hours of a 450+ casualty event in a major american city the Democrats have allowed the debate to be about silencers, for some reason

does that shock you, really

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

We can definitely solve this

The answer is more guns

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

paranoid randroid posted:

*tips back cowboy hat w/ thumb* well howdy folks my names Smokey Bubble and im here to talk to you about the benefits of gun ownership

"Remember kids, only you can prevent mass shooters." *awkwardly paws at an automatic rifle only to have it go off and kill a nearby woodland creature and a crowdful of people indirectly*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
if we outlaw firearms then only the cops will have guns

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

O poo poo

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

C-Euro posted:

lol that the top four deadliest shootings in US history have all happened in the last decade. Just don't leave the house ever

We are goons. That was a requirement when we bought our account.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Epic High Five posted:

the multiverse

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Admiral Ray posted:

u also don't need to buy full auto (which is real annoying and expensive), just get a 100% legal and easy bump stock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6tORrODJE

"slide fire" oh you fuckers.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
got drat these takes are burning the poo poo out of my hands today

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

if we outlaw firearms then only the cops will have guns

the least safe result