Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Pocket Mine 3 talk:

I just got a legendary hammer that shits out 5 fireworks every time I kill a monster. Combined with an extra monsters amulet, I barely need to use my pick at all. It's pretty great. What slot does the 'fireworks break they hit' mod show up on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Vulpes posted:

Pocket Mine 3 talk:

I just got a legendary hammer that shits out 5 fireworks every time I kill a monster. Combined with an extra monsters amulet, I barely need to use my pick at all. It's pretty great. What slot does the 'fireworks break they hit' mod show up on?

It's a legendary ring.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Dragon Project is now available for me to download on the US Play store :toot:

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Is fireworks break blocks/fireworks on monster kill combo better than chain lightning forks/chain lightning on monster kill?

faptown
Dec 6, 2008

LogicNinja posted:

Is fireworks break blocks/fireworks on monster kill combo better than chain lightning forks/chain lightning on monster kill?

That's what I've been using. Plus I have purple gloves that have a 35% chance for fireworks on breaking coal.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Dragon Project is now available for me to download on the US Play store :toot:

For anybody who was already playing Dragon Project before today: are the servers slammed or something right now? I'm not sure if it's that, or the game is just made poorly like so many other games, or if it's my own network problems, or what :/

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
A month ago it was pretty stable, I never really noticed much lag or disconnects. Probably just slammed.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Soda dungeon 2 is coming. The developer release some concept images today. No dates at this time.
https://imgur.com/a/QMvt7

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Humble Bundle out. Get a bunch of Korean-made games including:

IFO
The SilverBullet
Dim Light (beat the average)
Sally's Law (beat the average)
Replica ($5 or more)
Redden ($5 or more)
6180 the moon ($5 or more)

The only one I've played is Redden, which is a pretty cool game but is probably not the sole reason to get the whole thing.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 3, 2017

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

For anybody who was already playing Dragon Project before today: are the servers slammed or something right now? I'm not sure if it's that, or the game is just made poorly like so many other games, or if it's my own network problems, or what :/
If I remember correctly, wasn't this game #1 on the :japan: app store for a minute? Wouldn't be surprised if the lag is being caused by a huge influx of players.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Oh thanks google, having update from apkpure to official really is useful for free apps
Even if I need to manually do it

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Having added the last 10 people in the thread, here's mine pgnk0727.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

The servers seem to be dying

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

I have little patience for gacha games these days. But for now I will give the endless loading loading loading loading screens the benefit of the doubt.

e: for now :unsmigghh:

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 3, 2017

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Is there a good Settlers of Catan game on Android (with AI or multi)?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ragingsheep posted:

Is there a good Settlers of Catan game on Android (with AI or multi)?
The official port is solid, if a little expensive. The campaign has some fun scenarios and "house rule" setups to keep it interesting and the AI is decent. I never played the multiplayer but it claims to have synchronous online play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.exozet.android.catan

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Dragon Project isn't very good. 😞

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Dragon Project isn't very good. 😞

It is if you like shrieking anime tits, clunky interfaces and bad gameplay!

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I quite like Dragon Project. It scratches that Monster Hunter itch. I also play with the sound off, and skip all the story stuff, which helps quite a bit.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

overseer07 posted:

I quite like Dragon Project. It scratches that Monster Hunter itch. I also play with the sound off, and skip all the story stuff, which helps quite a bit.

Fair enough, but when "I skip large swaths of the game and all sound and it's tolerable" is your take, that doesn't do a lot to convince me haha.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Ha! Didn't think of it that way, but good point. Though, I turn the sound off on all games so my boss doesn't know what I'm up to.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

It is if you like shrieking anime tits, clunky interfaces and bad gameplay!

You forgot a million loading screens.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Mr Hootington posted:

You forgot a million loading screens.

Installing now.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Fair enough, but when "I skip large swaths of the game and all sound and it's tolerable" is your take, that doesn't do a lot to convince me haha.

Some people actually play games for their gameplay??

Like, I've put a lot of time into Diablo 3 and it definitely wasn't for the plot or the foley.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

Some people actually play games for their gameplay??

OH, yeah, that's also bad, sorry I didn't mention that part.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Pocket Mine 3 chat.

Okay so having beaten world 18 "Monster Temple", no other new world appears, yet I have an achievement available called "Complete all mines in Ruined Temple World". I have no such world available.

In the Daily Challenge, taking today as an example, how on earth are the highest entries getting like 70,000 when I get 9,000.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Konsek posted:

In the Daily Challenge, taking today as an example, how on earth are the highest entries getting like 70,000 when I get 9,000.

Today's is based on money so they probably just used the goblin character and a bunch of cards that provide explosions. Or Super Ore cards. Or both.

I just got a 36k score playing poorly; I'll probably do better before it ends.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

someone awful. posted:

Today's is based on money so they probably just used the goblin character and a bunch of cards that provide explosions. Or Super Ore cards. Or both.

I just got a 36k score playing poorly; I'll probably do better before it ends.

Huh, I must have messed up my first couple of runs somehow, got way higher this time.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Konsek posted:

Pocket Mine 3 chat.

Okay so having beaten world 18 "Monster Temple", no other new world appears, yet I have an achievement available called "Complete all mines in Ruined Temple World". I have no such world available.

Maybe it's not implemented yet? :shrug:

There's also a "Wear All Legendary Gear" achievement despite there being no Legendary gloves in the game.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Geostorm is both the name of a schlocky Gerard Butler disaster movie coming out this month and a tie-in Lara Croft GO-esque puzzle game that looks way better than it has any right to be.

edit: also out today: Stranger Things: The Game.

edit 2: OK, I was expecting Stranger Things to be something like a dinky 10 minute long advergame but this is a legit multiple hours long adventure game:

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 4, 2017

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Add me for hot miner on miner action:

Click this link to add me as friend in Pocket Mine 3.
http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=dxpg5578

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

How is Stranger Things? Is it really free with no IAP? They're banking on this solely being an ad for the show?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Hobo Clown posted:

How is Stranger Things? Is it really free with no IAP? They're banking on this solely being an ad for the show?

What? Do you have a link?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Hobo Clown posted:

Not a first. Dark souls had that terrible game that was just REMEMBER DARK SOULS before 3 came out.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

What? Do you have a link?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/10/04/mornings-coffee-contemplation-also-playing-stranger-things-game/

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
It says on the Play Store that the Stranger Things game: "Offers in-app purchases"

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Budgie posted:

It says on the Play Store that the Stranger Things game: "Offers in-app purchases"

The play store is often wrong about that though.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Anybody have a trip report? I mean, I loved stranger things. But how'd they turn it into a mobile game?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Budgie posted:

No it doesn't.

Bombadilillo posted:

Anybody have a trip report? I mean, I loved stranger things. But how'd they turn it into a mobile game?

It rules. It's like a Zelda or Fester's Quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

yeah, it's a light Zelda