Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I think sharing data is just how pods go on dates.

Now I'm picturing one of them showing up with a bouquet of flowers :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

Ratoslov posted:

I like how in every single iteration of Adam he is clearly a completely insufferable pompous fop that needs a swirly. At no point did he every approach being tolerable. It's great.

Yeah. You learn more about Eve and it turns out he's a good boy who would've been pretty chill under other circumstances. You learn more about Adam and all you get is that he's just as much of a smug dick under the surface. Eve deserves better.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Bruceski posted:

I think we're safe unless they go full tachikoma and spend half an hour cutsceme discussing philosophy and identity.

Didn't Cavia develop (that?) one of the GitS games?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Keep in mind Adam is like maybe a month old at this point.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Geemer posted:

There were GitS games? I was referencing Stand Alone Complex,.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Bruceski posted:

There was a SAC game. On PS2. It was awful.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

VolticSurge posted:

There was a SAC game. On PS2. It was awful.

Glad I didn't know about it then.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Geemer posted:

YEP

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I wonder if the whole "9s you did great, we're going to increase production of the 9s models" is going to bite us in the behind at some point. Maybe an army of 9s's will get the turrets to revolt with him.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Okay so this translation and localization is, for the most part, very good, but this is just a big mistake.

"Hug" is three letters, geez.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Given what we know about the machines, they probably keep repeating the same thing over and over again because success is boring and failure is exciting.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Oh, haha. I thought you were specifically referring to the SAC game because of the Cavia connection.
I never played it, but wouldn't be surprised if it had a half-hour cutscene of Tachikoma discussing the meaning of life.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Considering how much I am not good at the hacking segments, Adams conversation barely feels like torture here.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
9s has a text conversation with someone who barely understands humanity, makes an inappropriate comment about 2b, and thinks hate is the meaning of life... Did 9s connect to 4chan?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Okay this update just came out and Id's icon already changed? Classic.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

The Dark Id needs to LP this next.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

:allears:

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I think sharing data is just how pods go on dates.

Pod 153: There are human records of combat scenarios with a variety of non-human lifeforms. Proposal: We should analyze these records together and determine if there is any information which would improve combat efficiency.

Pod 042: Proposal accepted, submitting request to bunker archive for data transfer.

Episode XCIII

The Dark Id posted:

And doesn’t even right since she goofs it the first shot.

as soon as we activated it and it reach land.

Nor is any of the energy orbs being fired

there's one final addition scene...

Taking a guess at the first one, "it doesn't even work right since she goofs the first shot"? 3rd and 4th should be "are" and "additional" respectively.

Episode XCIV

The Dark Id posted:

When has that ever happened in the 33 hours of interacts with machines

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

So this horrible thought came in my through my head last night as the text started showing up., but internet problems kept me from posting it sooner.

Sorry... not sorry for the delay, sorry for ever having the chance to post it at all.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

FeyerbrandX posted:

So this horrible thought came in my through my head last night as the text started showing up., but internet problems kept me from posting it sooner.

Sorry... not sorry for the delay, sorry for ever having the chance to post it at all.

Awesome, now do another one with the pods in the Narration Zone(TM).

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Glazius posted:

Given what we know about the machines, they probably keep repeating the same thing over and over again because success is boring and failure is exciting.

The machine network is the only computer in the universe powerful enough to run dwarf fortress 1.0

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

FeyerbrandX posted:

:stonk:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

FeyerbrandX posted:

:golfclap:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

FeyerbrandX posted:

:five:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

The Dark Id posted:

Stop it... stop it...

Sadly, the Shadow Nines fight was cut due to budgetary constraints.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Like... this whole thing about Adam being consumed with Hate seems a bit out of the blue? Before this it's all been about humanity human humans did it be like the humans. Right down to wanting to know what it's like to be mortal and face death. He never seemed to go monologuing about hate and how much he hates everything, did he? Did I forget that?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Adam posted:

The core of humanity... is conflict.

Adam posted:

Yes!! That's the feeling! Pure hate! AHAHAHAHA!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Zagglezig posted:

Pod 153: There are human records of combat scenarios with a variety of non-human lifeforms. Proposal: We should analyze these records together and determine if there is any information which would improve combat efficiency.

Pod 042: Proposal accepted, submitting request to bunker archive for data transfer.

One of them IS voiced by Wesker, so this makes perfect sense. We've finally figured out what combat data is for!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Schwartzcough posted:

Like... this whole thing about Adam being consumed with Hate seems a bit out of the blue? Before this it's all been about humanity human humans did it be like the humans. Right down to wanting to know what it's like to be mortal and face death. He never seemed to go monologuing about hate and how much he hates everything, did he? Did I forget that?

He literally had a monologue about hate in his final boss fight.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

He was hated and attacked from the moment he was born. It left a strong impression.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

RatHat posted:

He literally had a monologue about hate in his final boss fight.

No he didn't. He monologued about how the essence of humanity is conflict, which is a different concept than hate. And then he had this ONE line that used the word "hate""

The Dark Id posted:

YEEEEEES! That’s it! That’s the feeling! PURE HATE!

This really didn't do anything to show that he was in love with the idea of hate. It shows that he was really happy 2B was getting into this fight now, because he really wanted conflict and to face death.

Oxxidation posted:

He was hated and attacked from the moment he was born. It left a strong impression.

Eh, even then, he didn't seem to harbor any particularly strong feelings towards the androids that attacked him. Every time the Super Eden Brothers showed up, they cordially chatted with the androids and asked if they could deliver humans for analysis and killing. Adam didn't really act like he was holding a personal hate-boner grudge.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey, that could be any long haired humanoid android. Eve got a massive hate on after this

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
It must be really messy to have all your lipstick on your glove.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

FeyerbrandX posted:

:eyepop:

It's the mini-9S forced to sit in the chair that completes this picture for me.

Archenteron posted:

Sadly, the Shadow Nines fight was cut due to budgetary constraints.

But what does he need to accept? That he's a huge dweeb? That his dorky nickname will never catch on? :v:

Schwartzcough posted:

My interpretation is that after he was attacked by 2B and 9S in the desert at the start, Adam scoured the Machine records of humans trying to put some perspective on why they would hate and attack him the moment he was born. He probably trapped himself in a Wikipedia hellhole of researching every possible types of human conflict, until it turned into an obsession.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Adam never truly felt hate anyways. He had no catalyst for it. Eve's the one who actually hated.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.
Yeah, Adam doesn't experience hate himself; he wants to study it.

Edit: it's why he gets so excited when 2B starts to get angry at him. Finally, some first hand data!

Abhorrence fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 3, 2017

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Bad 9S! You don't **** someone without their consent! Go to your room 9S!

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Abhorrence posted:

Yeah, Adam doesn't experience hate himself; he wants to study it.

Edit: it's why he gets so excited when 2B starts to get angry at him. Finally, some first hand data!

That's actually a good take. Being attacked at birth has his motives more like "holy poo poo these people are pissed off I need to get to the bottom of this" rather than "grr I'm so mad now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FeyerbrandX posted:

Magnificent.

There's a texture mod out for Automata on PC.
It fixes that ugly brown piece of shite next to the Resistance Camp teleporter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nier/comments/73zdv1/pc_nier_automata_texture_pack_v025/

• Locked thread