Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

RFK was so much better it's a crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

euphronius posted:

RFK was so much better it's a crime

Sadly now RFK is falling apart and the one time I went there for a DC United game I could've sworn it was haunted by literal ghosts. The whole place was spooky.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Shinjobi posted:

Dallas also is a city of transients, and Arlington specifically is a nightmare to get to because the people there are willing to pay taxes on everything except public transportation (oh boy, another new stadium project!)

Between that and Jerruh basically pricing out the loudest fans, it's no surprise when JerryWorld is 60% road fans. Hell, it's a vacation for them.

Filthy poors can pay for a $20 "party pass" and earn the privilege of standing up during the entire game in a huddled mass of $10 piss beer guzzling humanity gazing skyward toward a gigantic television.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

axeil posted:

Sadly now RFK is falling apart and the one time I went there for a DC United game I could've sworn it was haunted by literal ghosts. The whole place was spooky.

RFK was falling apart when the Nationals were using it.

FedEx Field is the best justification for an HDTV and a sound system there is. Never go.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
The Eagles are 3-1.

The Cowboys are 2-2.

The Skins are 2-1 pending tomorrow's game.

The Giants are 0-4.

I like this.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/LesBowen/status/914580522960949248

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eagles 3-1 and get their best corner back in a few weeks

How bout rasul playing big

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

euphronius posted:

If you told me the entire secondary + Cox + Sproles would be injured by Week 4 I would not have thought we would've been 3-1.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

89 posted:

BIRDS, BITCH.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Pretty unfair that the Eagles got an extra home game today imho.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

But Douglas got smoked multiple times? He gave up a 75 yard TD, he gave up a 50 yard reception that became a field goal. He also got away with a PI in the end zone... I guess because the ball was thought uncatchable? Because otherwise it was clearly PI.

I think he has potential. It's unfortunate he's been forced to play so soon. He's done some good things, but he's a huge liability right now.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The off-season additions are really looking great, in particular Jernigan, Long, Blount and Jeffery.

Torrey Smith hasn't impressed, but you can't win them all. Mack Hollins needs more targets.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Ertz is leading the NFL in receptions and yards for a TE. Gronkowski is close though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

But Douglas got smoked multiple times? He gave up a 75 yard TD, he gave up a 50 yard reception that became a field goal. He also got away with a PI in the end zone... I guess because the ball was thought uncatchable? Because otherwise it was clearly PI.

I think he has potential. It's unfortunate he's been forced to play so soon. He's done some good things, but he's a huge liability right now.

They won the game manno

Relax

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
NFC East: The Eagles are the best Division in football

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

axeil posted:

Last game there is 10/22/17! RFK owns, the buzzard point stadium isn't going to have nearly the same feel.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean rasul gave up some yards but he could have given up more yards !!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

MrLogan posted:

Last game there is 10/22/17! RFK owns, the buzzard point stadium isn't going to have nearly the same feel.

Whoa, it's this month? I didn't realize the new United stadium was going to be up that quickly. I'll miss it. We got to do some on the field stuff there at halftime for the Washington Area Frisbee Club and it was really neat.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
The Eagles looked good yesterday except when the secondary was getting torched.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

The Eagles looked good yesterday except when the secondary was getting torched.

Good news! Darby should be back either this week (vs AZ) or next week (@CAR) and there's even a chance Sidney Jones might play at some point this year.

The secondary is likely to get better as the year goes on as guys get healthy. I also think we're on our third(?) string safety and I know we've had at least one other CB injury.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

My biggest concern is that teams are eventually going to figure out that dink and dunk style is the way to beat us. Our CBs are not playing at the line so short curl and crossing routes are picking up decent yds. This should change once Darby is back but the Giants showed that you can march on us by doing that and the Chargers did it a couple of times

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah aren't like 4+ DBs injured? I wouldn't worry about it.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

CyberPingu posted:

My biggest concern is that teams are eventually going to figure out that dink and dunk style is the way to beat us. Our CBs are not playing at the line so short curl and crossing routes are picking up decent yds. This should change once Darby is back but the Giants showed that you can march on us by doing that and the Chargers did it a couple of times

That probably becomes a bit less of a factor when the secondary isn't held together by chewed bubble gum and hope, but yeah, their insistence on playing off the line is kind of weird.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/914632228147040256

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Have they tied any???

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Big if true

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Eagles have now beaten two 0-4 teams in consecutive weeks by a total of 5 points. When do Super Bowl tickets go on sale?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

The Eagles have now beaten two 0-4 teams in consecutive weeks by a total of 5 points. When do Super Bowl tickets go on sale?

Both of which most people would have told you were pretty good teams before the season began, both of which have excellent albeit aging qbs, both of which had the benefit of only having half of our defense to contend with, particularly in the secondary.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

Giants could easily be 3-1. Chargers could also easily be 3-1. Both teams only got trashed in 1 game so yeah. We had a few games like that last season.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the eagles are frauds

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

axeil posted:

Whoa, it's this month? I didn't realize the new United stadium was going to be up that quickly. I'll miss it. We got to do some on the field stuff there at halftime for the Washington Area Frisbee Club and it was really neat.

They've been building it for three years!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

romanowski posted:

the eagles are frauds

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I think the Eagles are good. I just don't think they are great or very good. Yet.

You know, like the Sixers.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 2, 2017

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

I think the Eagles are good. I just don't think they are great or very good. Yet.

You know, like the Sixers.

But 18-1 is real my friend.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I don't trust Wentz to throw anything but a medium slant or curl.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

a new study bible! posted:

I trust Wentz to make any throw on the field as long as he's scrambling as pass rushers bear down on him. It's when he has time that the throws sometimes seem to go awry.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I think the packers game will be a good litmus test as to where the Cowboys stand this year. I figure it'll be another close game or maybe a blowout because Aaron Rodgers is going to make the defense look stupid.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

There was a throw yesterday to Ertz in like, the 3rd quarter that was absolutely beautiful

e: it's a little wobblier than I remembered, but the placement is awesome

https://streamable.com/m33co

e2: this one was really good too

https://streamable.com/cp2p2

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 2, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Cowboys have a very real chance of going 8-8 again.

Christ.:qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Shinjobi posted:

The Cowboys have a very real chance of going 8-8 again.

It's gonna happen. This year's team is built just like those 8-8 Romo teams and 2nd year Dak is even less prepared to deal with the pressure of playing heroball

• Locked thread