Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm tough i'm tough i insist as i continue to whine and whine -baked alaska

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
I think in a near future it will be proven that reading a Ben garisson cartoon gives brain cancer

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

imagine being proud of yourself for making this the cover of your book

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

He needs to have a motive, pleaded a person, writing his headcanon about Stephen Paddock

so apparently the definition of terrorism requires one to have a goal or objective

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Vladimir Putin posted:

I just don't think that's a compelling motive. I can't believe someone would go and do that because they were rich and bored.

yeah it helps me sleep better at night to just tell myself that people do horrific things because theyre just plain crazy too

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Sir Tonk posted:

right wingers are so loving horny lol

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Duscat posted:

no, you really do need to have a political motive for it to be terrorism, just wanting people to cower before your godly power does not meet the definition

given that he had explosives, it does seem probable there is a political motive here, but i haven't seen anything reported yet to make it certain

Yeah exactly

Terrorism is not just a synonym for "really bad."

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Evil_Greven posted:

Bored of life and wanted to hunt people on his way out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWoXKdj6zHQ

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bump_fn posted:

i came here to shitpost and debate semantics

and im all out of poo poo

Wait, isn't that all every forum is about? Shitposting and semantics?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

GobiasIndustries posted:

So the whole point is just trying to own libs, but he always ends up getting owned...he's just an annoying white supremacist masochist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHftejWSvU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Al! posted:

yeah it helps me sleep better at night to just tell myself that people do horrific things because theyre just plain crazy too

I'm glad they have ways to get ridiculous guns or operate gigantic machines that they can kill tons of people with.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Phi230 posted:

Terrorism, in its broadest sense, describes the use of intentionally indiscriminate violence as a means to create terror, or fear, to achieve a political, religious or ideological aim.[1]

hmmmm

cool story, pretty good source material for the headcanon

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
im p sure im gonna be covered by the NHS while i work here

ahahahahaha eat a dick america

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
What does baked alaska do for a living

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

a.lo posted:

What does baked alaska do for a living

get owned

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

:yeah: I'm actually finishing an episode of curb right now (Officer Krupke, one of my favorites)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Evil_Greven posted:

Bored of life and wanted to hunt people on his way out?

the most dangerous game

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

logikv9 posted:

get owned

slavery is wrong

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Al! posted:

lastgirl said he might just be a rich old creep who was empty inside and saw this as some last hedonistic indulgence, and it turns out she was right
Yeah, it was a good ID.

Automatic weapons are not that easy to acquire in the first place, save for having money and no record.

Being able to sneak ammo and guns into a crowded hotel overlooking thousands of people means nobody suspected this guy of anything ever.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I forgot to post this during Irma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KEFAh46yco

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sir Tonk posted:

also dana you have no rear end jfc girl

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

slavery is wrong

calm down dick dorkins

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

bump_fn posted:

right wingers are so loving horny lol

:same:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
farts and prayers

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Phi230 posted:

so apparently the definition of terrorism requires one to have a goal or objective

heh, got'em with a rulebook of defintions of :words:

i could change the definition of terrorism, and you'd be like "he didn't commit terrorism because the definition of terrorism, according to this revised and updated definition means one who loves to suck massive cock" with the upmost of your conviction, unquestioning in your dogma

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
this rich white man with all these guns? he's a *turns wheel* isis

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Al! posted:

Well you either do something and it's within the realm of reason and you're sane by society's standards or if you do something out or the realm of reason your loving crazy.

And that explanation of oh I'm rich and bored is so loving stupid that no person within the realm of reason would do it for that.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

logikv9 posted:

find a way to get pop-a-matic and this boardgame will sell gangbusters

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

it creeps me out a lil that literally no woman of the right, from nazis to clintons, can be posted here w/o people commenting on their appearance

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

logikv9 posted:

get owned

the feels....

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
luv to do sweeping broad categorizations and handwave acts of massive violence because it didn't fit the defined criteria

you loving pendant

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Squizzle posted:

it creeps me out a lil that literally no woman of the right, from nazis to clintons, can be posted here w/o people commenting on their appearance

:same:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Squizzle posted:

we talk about the appearance of the men on the right more if anything

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Sir Tonk posted:

as ever...

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
terrorism has been incorrectly used to refer to all sorts of violence lately and it's messed up the de facto meaning of the word for a lot of people, but the political aspect of it is important in understanding why it happens and how it could be avoided

the fact that "terrorism" has a meaning separate from "mass violence" is in fact why some are angry that this guy is not being labeled a terrorist

that there's a double standard here where any muslim attacker would immediately be called a terrorist by the current administration muddies the waters

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

bump_fn posted:

farts and prayers

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/915009784469966848

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Squizzle posted:

the horny incel /pol/ poster who did graphic design for that book cover is who i was talking about nerd

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

lovin this headcanon

this will sell really well for the upcoming "Paddock: A Stephen Story (based on a true story) coming to theaters December 24th"

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

triple sulk posted:

Tesla Misses Model 3 Production Goals
Electric-car maker built 260 Model 3s in latest period, missing out on goal of building 1,500

quote:

Tesla Inc. TSLA 0.13% badly missed its goal of building 1,500 Model 3 car in the third quarter, the first sign that the production ramp-up for the new sedan isn’t going as smoothly as planned.

The Silicon Valley electric-car maker built 260 of the Model 3s between July and September, the company said Monday in a statement. In August, the auto maker predicted it would build more than 1,500 Model 3s before cranking up production to 5,000 a week by the end of the fourth quarter.

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo

'But they're worth so much and are so innovative, how could they miss targets like this?' - some investor probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Duscat posted:

terrorism has been incorrectly used to refer to all sorts of violence lately and it's messed up the de facto meaning of the word for a lot of people, but the political aspect of it is important in understanding why it happens and how it could be avoided

the fact that "terrorism" has a meaning separate from "mass violence" is in fact why some are angry that this guy is not being labeled a terrorist

that there's a double standard here where any muslim attacker would immediately be called a terrorist by the current administration muddies the waters

Terrorism has always meant violent acts linked to a political goal or ideology.

I don't know why people are twisting it around to say this is terrorism. Maybe to fit it into their own political wishes.

• Locked thread