Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
lol whole NFC west is poo poo, other than the Rams. Fix the thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
NFC West: We all float down here (in mediocrity)

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Rams might be legit.
Everyone else is meh though.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I continue to feel very neutral and nonplussed about my 49ers, which tbh feels pretty great after the last couple years.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I continue to feel very neutral and nonplussed about my 49ers, which tbh feels pretty great after the last couple years.

Feel the entire Bay has petty much come to terms with the whole three year rebuild idea. Shanahan's first year as a head coach will be 2020.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams bitch

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

2017 encapsulated.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
SAME OL SORRY rear end (NFC WEST EXCEPT FOR THE) RAMS

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Hi. I'm officially a Los Angeles Rams fan now because Jay Cutler killed my brain. What should I know about the Rams

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Hi. I'm officially a Los Angeles Rams fan now because Jay Cutler killed my brain. What should I know about the Rams

Always be prepared for massive disappointment.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

The most important thing you should know about the Rams is that they're proving I was right about Goff (and Jeff Fisher) all along :smuggo:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

NFC West: RIP Jeff Fisher's Coaching Career (1985-2016)

Edit: Alternatively

NFC West: Here lies Jeff Fisher, he never scored

DariusLikewise fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 2, 2017

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

You just chose one of two thoroughly mediocre LA teams.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Benny the Snake posted:

You just chose one of two thoroughly mediocre LA teams.

I would definitely reserve that statement for after we get wrecked by themplay them next Sunday

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Didn't the rams start 3-1 last year?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

its all nice on rice posted:

They did with such games as a 28-0 loss to the Blaine Gabbert 49ers and historical 9-3 and 17-13 wins over the Seahawks and the Cardinals respectively.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

its all nice on rice posted:

They did, but this is a completely different 3-1. They're not finishing 4-12 this year.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

They did, but this is a completely different 3-1. They're not finishing 4-12 this year.

You're right, you're finishing 7-9

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I won't believe the Rams aren't the Rams until they are at least 6-3.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Benny the Snake posted:

As a Seahawks fan, believe me when I say that we have no right to be cocky this year. We look like poo poo, and I will be surprised if the Rams don't win the division.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

rams may go 7-9 and win the division

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Benny the Snake posted:

The ghost of Jeff Fisher strikes again.

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

I'm sure 49er/Seahawks/Cardinals/Rams fan can all agree with Frank Gore rushing for 500 yards this weekend...Be still my beating heart :3:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I love old man Gore and I want him to keep trucking and never getting hurt forever

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Frankie gonna pass Dickerson this weekend to get to #7 all-time within his first few carries if not his first one :toot:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

navorro bowman gonna give his old friend old man gore lots of hugs

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Bowman should do his friend a solid and refuse to tackle him.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

the sad thing is gore probably thought he was escaping a sinking ship and joining up with a good team and then look what happened to the colts

I always feel really bad for aging stars who are just trying to find a championship team and it works out super badly for them

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Maggot Soup posted:

Bowman should do his friend a solid and refuse to tackle him.

Like a reverse Farve when Strahan was chasing the sack record.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Leperflesh posted:

the sad thing is gore probably thought he was escaping a sinking ship and joining up with a good team and then look what happened to the colts

I always feel really bad for aging stars who are just trying to find a championship team and it works out super badly for them

didn't that happen to takeo spikes, the instant he left to try to go to a playoff game the bengals made it and he didn't

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Leperflesh posted:

I love old man Gore and I want him to keep trucking and never getting hurt forever

:yeah:

He's clearly in the hall of very good. And given his incredible power and handsomeness, an outside shot for HoF???

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

didn't that happen to takeo spikes, the instant he left to try to go to a playoff game the bengals made it and he didn't

I was thinking of andre johnson, but sure, Spikes left the Bengals for buffalo in 03, but he'd only been with the bengals for 4 years. And he got to be a Niner from 08-10, and then a charger 11-12, lol

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

:yeah:

He's clearly in the hall of very good. And given his incredible power and handsomeness, an outside shot for HoF???

He's first ballot and you're insane if you think otherwise

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Frank Gore is One Of The Good 49ers

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benne posted:

Frank Gore is One Of The Good 49ers

Sad that the 49ers and Seahawks most likable players are on other teams now :(

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I think it would be fair to compare Gore's career to Emmitt Smith's or Curtis Martin's who are both in the hall of fame

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Gore was never as dominant at any point in time as those two but I think he'll wind up 5th or 6th on the all time list and that would be pretty hard to keep out.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

gore's greatest skill might be his ability to never get hurt

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
He hasn't missed a game, or had fewer than 255 rushing attempts, since 2011.

Crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

gore's greatest skill might be his ability to never get hurt

Amazing considering he blew his knee out twice in college

• Locked thread