Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Tighclops posted:

I picked Ashton because as lame as her campaign was, it had a bunch of ideas I really liked the sound of and want to hear more about in our politics. I'm sick of voting for the NDP just because they're the only other option. I'm not surprised she didn't win but I'm disappointed the party lined up behind a dude that seems to ooze the same kind of stand for nothing empty platitudes we got from the last two assholes who ran the joint into the ground

On the other hand, while Ashton has a lot of great ideas, she comes from a multi generational political family and hasn't actually done anything I can see to actually implement any of those ideas. On the other hand, she has been a giant whiny baby about someone getting bumped in the HoC and also took the low road when trying to get her dad elected as the MBNDP leader, while also falling in line with that 'believe the victim' bullshit that is all well and good until you or someone you love and care about has their life loving ruined because someone accused them of something and we live in a society where being accused of something publicly is enough to gently caress up someone's life forever, be it an accusation of a sexual nature or otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

EvilJoven posted:

... she has been a giant whiny baby about someone getting bumped in the HoC and also took the low road when trying to get her dad elected as the MBNDP leader, while also falling in line with that 'believe the victim' bullshit ...

Nuclear Takes

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
ah yes, the 'believe the victim' bullshit

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

RBC posted:

Oh trust me this is one road you don't want to go down with me.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

EvilJoven posted:

Ill touch the poop.

Youre dumb.

e: Looks like I cant spell so I immediately fail my own troll.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

RBC posted:

Dog, do not tangle with Dr. Richard Kimble

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

EvilJoven posted:

Blink twice if your dad is Bill Clinton

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
According to this winner, the Gays caused the Edmonton attack

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/calgary-school-trustee-candidate-condemned-for-blaming-lgbtq-for-edmonton-terror-attacks

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

What kind of blueballs is this, link to the goods

https://www.facebook.com/KDforTrustee/

pre:
Nick Kellock gently caress you bitch
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 2 · 22 hrs

James Hill gently caress you racist bitch!
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 18 · 23 hrs

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

RBC posted:

EvilJoven posted:

lol

Risky Bisquick posted:

What kind of blueballs is this, link to the goods

https://www.facebook.com/KDforTrustee/

pre:
Nick Kellock gently caress you bitch
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 2 · 22 hrs

James Hill gently caress you racist bitch!
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 18 · 23 hrs

lol

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

quote:

You are disgusting. The fact that you can't seem to spell "racist" (despite the fact that I'm sure you are rightly called that on a daily basis) is the least of the reasons why you will never be elected for the position you are trying to get.

You can't even loving spell racist correctly. You clearly should be running for a school board trustee position....

I expect school board members to be upstanding citizens, be able to spell and have a working knowledge of grammar.

On one hand :thunk:

quote:

You can gently caress right off fat bitch

Not only are you a racist, you are a disgusting fat pig. In fact, I think we should deport you. Our society would be far better off.

On the other...

quote:

This woman and her crass ignorance gives all fiscal and educated conservatives a really bad name. Can't believe she is low and dumb enough to not show some humility even now. Like go away and shut up. You are guarnteeing another NDP win. loving neatherdal

Meanwhile

Whaoooo https://www.facebook.com/pg/KDforTrustee/reviews/

ed: facebook surfing her defenders and their profiles :stonklol: I can't do it anymore it's too much. Is that really what rural AB is? It cannot be real, they have to be fake profiles with fake pics, it cannot be realllll aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Oct 3, 2017

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

EvilJoven posted:

You're a misogynistic piece of poo poo and a large part of why so many sexual assaults go unreported. I remember during undergrad I looked at sexual assault statistics and came to the conclusion that for every false accusation there is anywhere between 500 and 1000 unreported sexual assaults.

'Oh no men might suffer a false accusation 1 time in 100, better institute a culture of victim blaming and guilt assigning that insures only 2 or 3% of sexual assaults are even reported!'

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
That's an extremely stupid false dichotomy you've concocted.

e.
Cops should listen and believe to the extent that it compels an investigation but there's a lot of space between that and saying its tolerable, and maybe even desirable, that an innocent person can have their life ruined by an allegation because too many guilty people get away with it.

e2.
Maybe it's a necessary evil, but it's still an evil.

just another fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 3, 2017

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
It is really, amazingly, spectacularly, dangerously stupid to assert that because people in general are morons who don't bother doing their research or waiting for information, we should do literally anything that isn't taking every allegation seriously and investigating in good faith. It is not the fault of the many, many, many, many sexual assault victims in the world that other folks love a good crucifixion, and hamfistedly attempting to shape policy to preemptively protect people from these hypothetical consequences - which take place entirely outside the justice system and are largely beyond our control anyway - at the potential expense of actually pursuing and upholding the law and the citizens it protects is straight up dumb as poo poo.

If someone reports a crime, the police should seriously investigate the reported crime. How the gently caress does this suddenly become controversial solely and specifically in the case of rape

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

we should abolish the police

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ya you can eat a big loving can of poo poo if you want to get all 'Believe the Victim'. Being accused of something you didn't do can ruin your loving life. It's happened to me, it's happened to multiple family members. None of it sexual in nature, fortunately, but still it's lead to damaging family, finances, mental health and standing in the community.

I really hope each and every one of you that belittles the concept of innocent until proven guilty has your own day in the spotlight, complete with being perp walked out of your office in handcuffs, with seeing your name in the newspaper, with dreading what's going to happen if someone you've met becomes curious and Googles your name.

gently caress you.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Did they make you stay 1000m away from schools too or is that only in the US?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

EvilJoven posted:

Ya you can eat a big loving can of poo poo if you want to get all 'Believe the Victim'. Being accused of something you didn't do can ruin your loving life. It's happened to me, it's happened to multiple family members. None of it sexual in nature, fortunately, but still it's lead to damaging family, finances, mental health and standing in the community.

I really hope each and every one of you that belittles the concept of innocent until proven guilty has your own day in the spotlight, complete with being perp walked out of your office in handcuffs, with seeing your name in the newspaper, with dreading what's going to happen if someone you've met becomes curious and Googles your name.

gently caress you.

Hey fucktard, ever think it's logical to believe the victim because sexual assaults are around 1000x more likely than a false accusation?

Innocent until proven guilty is an important part of the justice system. This doesn't mean that if a crime is reported by a victim it is far far far more likely to have occurred rather than just being some false accusation.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I think you're missing a negative in that last sentence.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
I have a confession to make. I provided one of the signatures from Quebec to name Jagmeet's leadership run possible. Please give me poo poo for this when Scheer somehow gets a minority that the NDP somehow justifies themselves into supporting.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Are you suggesting Jagmeet wouldn't tag team with Trudeau for the ultimate coalition?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
tfw you're too lazy to keep filling in letters after the first one

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

canadianrurals.jpg

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

EvilJoven posted:

[...] your own day in the spotlight, complete with being perp walked out of your office in handcuffs, with seeing your name in the newspaper, with dreading what's going to happen if someone you've met becomes curious and Googles your name.

Yeah...well...social media can be detrimental and criminal privacy rights are very important; but discouraging sexual assault victims from speaking up doesn't solve those problems of privacy. Somewhere deep down past your rage that should make sense.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Hey, speaking as a husband, a father, a brother, and a son: I would literally rather be subjected to one of these feared and legendary false accusations and deal with the fallout than go about my day knowing that my pearl-clutching cowardice contributes to a world in which my kid and my other family and friends are significantly more likely to be sexually assaulted by some entitled troglodyte emboldened by the idiot wailing of rape culture apologists

hope this helps

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

Hey, speaking as a husband, a father, a brother, and a son: I would literally rather be subjected to one of these feared and legendary false accusations and deal with the fallout than go about my day knowing that my pearl-clutching cowardice contributes to a world in which my kid and my other family and friends are significantly more likely to be sexually assaulted by some entitled troglodyte emboldened by the idiot wailing of rape culture apologists

hope this helps

EvilJoven is literally scared of an 11 year old and has bashed the juvenile court systems for not being able to incarcerate a child. Admitted he always makes sure to lock his doors at night cause he's scared a broken kid is going to break into his house or something

A Typical Goon fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Oct 3, 2017

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i believe the 11 year old

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

RBC posted:

i believe the 11 year old

You fool! What if the 11 year old accuses an adult of molesting them and it turns out not to be true??

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Thing meant to protect people has awful side-effect when weaponized! Film at 11.

Angry Diplomat posted:

It is not the fault of the many victims in the world that other folks love a good crucifixion

I'm keeping this.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
It's funny because the #IBelieveSurvivors/#IBelieveVictims are saying the same thing. If you're not a real survivor or real victim, they don't believe you, that would be silly but they only believe actual survivors. It's just possibly the most virtue signally thing ever created, worse than facebook profile flags I say. The emphasis isn't on Believe or Survivors, the emphasis is on the I.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Take me, Jagmeet! Ravish me!

https://twitter.com/DMacpGaz/status/915204774076829696

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I almost read this article but didn't want to feed Wente clicks. Fuckin' lol.

I've heard this theory that in the 21st century parties / voters are motivated to elect leaders not based on their policies but to maximize the troll their adversaries in the other tribe. Rob Ford and Donald Trump are exhibits A and B.

Electing Trudeau could even been seen as a great troll of Harper and the West generally, who hate Pierre Trudeau with a passion. Singh could wind up being an even better troll of Conservatives, and that's why I think he might actually have a chance at forming a government.

Reince Penis fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 3, 2017

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Reince Penis posted:

I've heard this theory that in the 21st century parties / voters are motivated to elect leaders not based on their policies but to maximize the troll their adversaries in the other tribe. Rob Ford and Donald Trump are exhibits A and B.

Electing Trudeau could even been seen as a great troll of Harper and the West generally, who hate Pierre Trudeau with a passion. Singh could wind up being an even better troll of Conservatives, and that's why I think he might actually have a chance at forming a government.

Does this theory really apply to the left?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Reince Penis posted:

Niki Ashton was like two more pages down.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lobok posted:

Does this theory really apply to the left?

I don't know but I think we're going to find out!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I didn't realize Beyak wrote children's textbooks

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Niki Ashton was like two more pages down.

Where is this chart from? I'm surprised to see Evangelicals on there.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Count Roland posted:

Where is this chart from? I'm surprised to see Evangelicals on there.

http://angusreid.org/who-could-be-prime-minister-president/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Reince Penis posted:

I highly recommend The Righteous Mind, by Jonathan Haidt.

It talks about how people vote among other things, and yeah its not about policy or really anything rational. Humans are dumb.