Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
does bundling microsoft groove get around the legal restrictions that necessitated the windows n editions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

wmp is good

it's mediocre

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

Endless Mike posted:

??? spotify launched in 2006, xbox music in 2012

Zune Music Pass also launched in 2006.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

spotify as we know it now launched in 2008 or 2009 iirc

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
verge huffing microsoft's farts again

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

microsoft's addiction to fully funded advertorial puff pieces is the only reason the verge exists in the first place so this makes sense

how microsoft built the xbox one x: they bought slightly more powerful components than were available four years ago and put them in another black rectangular box #wow #whoa

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lol

quote:

The Scorpio engine, the heart of the new Xbox One X, is an integrated 8-core AMD Jaguar processor, the same architecture as the original Xbox One. That means the new box can still play games developed four years ago, for older and less powerful hardware. Yet it’s that same souped up chip, coupled with a generous extra helping of on-board memory, that makes the One X capable of performing more than four times the number of calculations per second than the original Xbox One.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

we have goons in this very forum programming for the jaguar cpu

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
*eats entire can of chili*
*blast processing intensifies*

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Shaggar posted:

wmp is good

I still want to know what retard fuckup piece of poo poo decided ctrl+p should be pause/play instead of space. only MS could gently caress up that bad.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Shaggar posted:

wmp is good

In bizarro world where no alternatives exist, sure

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
wait one in approx. 503 huh? we have a old broken kin laying around here that we havent gotten around to donating for old electronics recycling

my wife got it right after she finished undergrad, when she wasnt making much right out of college, while on her sister's phone plan

she dropped it onto a decently-padded carpeted floor, permanently breaking the screen - no cracks but black screen from then on

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

lol dude the memory commit for the WU db hits two gigs just cataloging everything it needs to check against. the cumulative rollups have made it a little better but its still a low beast to patch

if you're patching a fresh install sure, but otherwise no

and you didn't explain the clock thing yet

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Shaggar posted:

wmp is good
too bad it hasn't received any sort of major update in a while & could be killed off at any moment in time

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I just use it for video stuff so it doesn't really matter.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

I just use it for video stuff so it doesn't really matter.

dsyp

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Lysidas posted:

wait one in approx. 503 huh? we have a old broken kin laying around here that we havent gotten around to donating for old electronics recycling

my wife got it right after she finished undergrad, when she wasnt making much right out of college, while on her sister's phone plan

she dropped it onto a decently-padded carpeted floor, permanently breaking the screen - no cracks but black screen from then on

mail it to me, i want to examine it

and add it to my collection of technological failures

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

dsyp

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

too beautiful for this world

also i had no idea the KIN TWO existed

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

infernal machines posted:

I thought the round one was the kin two (its actually the kin one), then second-guessed myself and checked google to be sure:

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

mail it to me, i want to examine it

is this a good start

i would srsly be happy to mail it, but probably want to make some effort to wipe it first, afaik only the screen is broken

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Lysidas posted:

is this a good start

i would srsly be happy to mail it, but probably want to make some effort to wipe it first, afaik only the screen is broken

i'm the off center letters on the buttons

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

;)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Lysidas posted:

is this a good start

neat. danke

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

I still want to know what retard fuckup piece of poo poo decided ctrl+p should be pause/play instead of space. only MS could gently caress up that bad.

Google ctrl F in outlook.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

man, it sure would have been neat if microsoft could have stuck to at least *one* of their attempts enough to not have internal politics derail everything, the ios/android landscape is dreary as all hell

3310 here i come i guess v:shobon:v

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

qirex posted:

they rebranded the zune music xbox music service since I guess it's a valuable trademark

This poo poo right here is the most Microsoft thing

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

looks like microsoft has finally done something good about groove music, forcing all customers off to spotify

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i did wonder why spotify suddenly went through the rigmarole of getting the application into the windows store last month

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Millstone posted:

:argh:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Wheany posted:

This poo poo right here is the most Microsoft thing

looking forward to when they rename sharepoint to hololens once that garbage fire finally burns itself out

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Millstone posted:

Goddamn if this doesn't piss me off every time.

And I never learn because the muscle memory is reinforced by every other loving program.

:doh:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

basically any key combo in localized office is awful.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lol oops https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/status/history/

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Millstone posted:

The downside of having everybody in the company as a beta tester.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

outlook team got the last laugh: they used bills mugshot as the default image icon.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

lol fu Bill

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

did bill gates also mandate that every email end with a J ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

3310 here i come i guess v:shobon:v

lmbo

• Locked thread