Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I so love these blistering takes that conflate the vegas shooting with football players.

I simply cannot feel sympathetic towards the police after seeing that video of the guy getting shot 6+ times for reaching for the cops belt. Those incidents happen far too often and the cops immediately defend the actions of the officer that stone-cold murdered someone.

Danger is a part of the job. They can either be the noble public servants they are made out to be and risk getting killed by not using enough force when it becomes necessary, or they can continue to be knee-jerk murderers. If you want a risk averse career, stock shelves at Walmart. You don't get to just light people up on the pretense that you feel threatened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Perfectly Safe posted:

It seems incredibly silly that they've not just positioned her as "intelligent conservative woman talks about the news". There's got to be an appetite for "conservative making GBS threads on Trump". But no, they have to try to turn her into Whoopi loving Goldberg for some loving reason.

They tried this too with her Sunday show. Her first two major guests were Vladimir Putin and Alex Jones, the latter of whom immediately came out and trashed her before his interview even aired.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CTE is a much more real danger to NFL players than anything a typical cop faces

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Captain Internet posted:

after my wife's car accident 10 years ago she is still pretty embattled with opioid addiction, using subsolve or suboxone every day for 3 years now. Stepping down every so often. worst part about the recovery process is having Suboxone and Subsolve so regulated and stigmatized (prescribers have a little unique notation to their DEA #) that typically only methadone clinics prescribe it. So every 28 days we gotta go into the city at 6am and she has to do a mandatory 30min psych session and a quick dr appointment. All so she can avoid withdrawal.

like, why wonder why there is epidemic.

gently caress subs id rather go cold turkey than try that poo poo

i aint never heard of nobody gettin off em. gl 2 her

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
why does Jake Tapper jack off so much about the military

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

nbc you too.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
cum

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Bruteman posted:

I'm waiting outside a doctors office that has Megyn Kelly on and man is she terrible. She has trouble doing "empathy" I think.

conservative unable to empathize, big if true

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ymgve posted:

didnt he rent multiple rooms tho

he could have rented two of those rooms with connecting doors and just shuffled the guns between rooms so housekeeping wouldn't become suspicious

also I don't think vegas hotels really care about housekeeping being locked out until it goes beyond a week

or just left the "do not disturb" card on because 90% of the draw of Vegas is their "we don't go into your rooms unless you literally murder someone" policy

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

zegermans posted:

"we don't go into your rooms unless you literally murder someone"

got some bad news for you friendo

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Bruteman posted:

I'm waiting outside a doctors office that has Megyn Kelly on and man is she terrible. She has trouble doing "empathy" I think.

I hate that she's making so much money being a failure but I love that NBC is losing so much money thinking she deserved a chance at anything

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

NEED MORE MILK posted:

got some bad news for you friendo

he was only preparing to murder people

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

FAUXTON posted:

The only miracle is how this guy landed so many rounds on the crowd while bumpfiring.

Just aim for the center of the mass. Doesn't take much to be accurate when you have so many targets.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Perfectly Safe posted:

It seems incredibly silly that they've not just positioned her as "intelligent conservative woman talks about the news". There's got to be an appetite for "conservative making GBS threads on Trump". But no, they have to try to turn her into Whoopi loving Goldberg for some loving reason.

NBC's CEO makes 47 million dollars.

Serf
May 5, 2011

hunting with guns is fine, but you don't need anything more than a bolt-action rifle and a double-barrel shotgun for that

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Thatim posted:

Good morning nitecrew.

It's me, werkcrew

:cripes:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If people want to hunt they should do it the traditional human way and keep chasing after the animal until it collapses from exhaustion

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hinting is fine if the game animal consents imho

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hoed down. It was a country festival.

These are the best hoedowns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvZfS0VxD0c

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/915208739103428608

guess who's cumming to washington

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Captain Internet posted:

after my wife's car accident 10 years ago she is still pretty embattled with opioid addiction, using subsolve or suboxone every day for 3 years now. Stepping down every so often. worst part about the recovery process is having Suboxone and Subsolve so regulated and stigmatized (prescribers have a little unique notation to their DEA #) that typically only methadone clinics prescribe it. So every 28 days we gotta go into the city at 6am and she has to do a mandatory 30min psych session and a quick dr appointment. All so she can avoid withdrawal.

like, why wonder why there is epidemic.

yeah it's crazy poo poo and based off of the simpsons poo poo of like bringing in mongooses to kill cobras and then something else to kill mongooses since heroin was viewed as a way to fight opium addiction

but it's insane how regulated suboxone is. every pouch is taggable to a carton which is taggable to a shipping box, so it can be figured out where the poo poo was diverted. on top of that doctors can only have so many patients they prescribe it to, and patients have to actually go in to ssee a doctor to get it instead of a simple phone call or poo poo

all so you can feel more or less normal and not crippling addiction

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ymgve posted:

he could have rented two of those rooms with connecting doors and just shuffled the guns between rooms so housekeeping wouldn't become suspicious

ah yes, the constant patrolling housekeepers on that level of MGS...very pesky....

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

simpler more happy times

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/JacquiHeinrich/status/915176903518097408

Quite possibly not the weapon used for the shooting

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that water mark is sure something

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

This guy spelled meat wrong.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Jose posted:

If people want to hunt they should do it the traditional human way and keep chasing after the animal until it collapses from exhaustion

Since Americans are so universally fat this would be an effective hunting method

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Serf posted:

hunting with guns is fine, but you don't need anything more than a bolt-action rifle and a double-barrel shotgun for that

what a loser

i send in artillery to level the whole forest to flush out the game and when they flee, its a whole turkey shoot with my automatic, just piling them up on the charred earth

sorry you aren't loud and proud about yer firepower in an awesome show of force

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

GobiasIndustries posted:

They tried this too with her Sunday show. Her first two major guests were Vladimir Putin and Alex Jones, the latter of whom immediately came out and trashed her before his interview even aired.

Which was an extraordinary mistake, utterly failing to capitalise on the post-Trump, post-Fox broadening of her appeal. I think they've completely hosed her now; she could have been a hard-edged challenger of the status quo, calling out bullshit when she sees it. She would have been pretty good at that. But no. smdh

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Lastgirl posted:

ah yes, the constant patrolling housekeepers on that level of MGS...very pesky....

yes, even with housekeeping patrols on the level of MGS he would have avoided them, so they are not to blame at all

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

ymgve posted:

didnt he rent multiple rooms tho

also I don't think vegas hotels really care about housekeeping being locked out until it goes beyond a week

Nah, housekeeping doesn't go through your stuff. If those guns were in locked suitcases no one would ever have noticed. Maybe if you had a dozen suitcases in your room that would be suspicious, but if he had multiple rooms housekeeping has no way of knowing or caring who is renting them out. Keep 3 or 4 locked suitcases of guns in each room and no one is the wiser.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
this thread is terrorism

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/DavidOvalle305/status/915198094425427968

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

what a loser

i send in artillery to level the whole forest to flush out the game and when they flee, its a whole turkey shoot with my automatic, just piling them up on the charred earth

sorry you aren't loud and proud about yer firepower in an awesome show of force

i have had a dinky little marlin .22 that has kept me flush with squirrel burgers, rabbit stew and roasted possum for as long as i can remember.

.22 is the best caliber

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

look, paddock was a tier 1 operator

you can't stop a guy like that when he sets his mind to do something.he's too well trained and has too many connections. he was just pretending to be an old fat white dude

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
going into the woods without a gun is a fools errand

you wanna be fukken notchin arrows while a bear decides to eat your deer and then you for dessert :thunk:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

Nah, housekeeping doesn't go through your stuff. If those guns were in locked suitcases no one would ever have noticed. Maybe if you had a dozen suitcases in your room that would be suspicious, but if he had multiple rooms housekeeping has no way of knowing or caring who is renting them out. Keep 3 or 4 locked suitcases of guns in each room and no one is the wiser.

It's Vegas, even with a dozen suitcases he would have looked perfectly normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/915005768604274689

• Locked thread