Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
[quote="“euphronius”" post="“477020013”"]
Fox News running the country is not going well
[/quote]

trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

logikv9 posted:

59 people dead? what a shame, but did you know how many people voted for me in november? so much more, so much more.

[snorts up post]

ahhhh that's close enough

"you knlow, you all should be grateful, way more people die in vegas than died from hurricane maria"

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Squizzle posted:

people keep thinking that wonk means actually clever

a wonk is a policy theorist w detailed ideas on how to support an overarching agenda w changes great and small

theres nothing saying that a wonk has to be correct, even a lil bit

ryan is a weedy wonk dweeb whose ideas have no relationship to reality but by god he has a whole interlocking assemblage of thrm

That's the thing though. Ryan has a reputation for not having details. For hosting meetings where the topic is "wouldn't it be cool if..." and then there's never any hashing out policy in a way that can be made legislation.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

logikv9 posted:

this shooting wouldn't have happened if it was a trump hotel

Uday and Qusay would have stopped the shooter with their elephant guns

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Not to Godwin this up more than it's already been, but this seriously mirrors the records and logs of the Gestapo in the 1930s, which despite its reputation was a remarkably reactive police force and relied largely on informants and denunciations to start investigating people. Ordinary Germans were not slow to see the opportunity it, and other elements of the Reich's security apparatus, offered to settle grudges and gain advantages over rivals.

It mirrors a lot of things. Witch hunts in Venice were not really on par with ppl being burned at the stake elsewhere, but in the time of the famous courtesan Veronica Franco, they were used to drag people into court for other stuff. Like a guy would be like "Yo my neighbor borrowed my lawnmower and won't give it back" and the courts would say "that's not our problem." So the guy would come back later and be like, "Yo my neighbor is a witch and I saw him communicate with the devil and tell fortunes...and also he borrowed my lawnmower and won't give it back." Veronica Franco herself was dragged into court like this for some stupid poo poo property dispute, but the accuser tacked on "and she uses water bowls for scrying I think" just to get it into the courts, because the actual property dispute was minor and stupid.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

logikv9 posted:

Getting that many people to willingly set foot on a Trump property all at once does seem pretty unlikely, yeah.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Bethamphetamine posted:

That's the thing though. Ryan has a reputation for not having details. For hosting meetings where the topic is "wouldn't it be cool if..." and then there's never any hashing out policy in a way that can be made legislation.

hey man, you come up with ideas at a kegger, not the details

nerds make the details, alpha males skip leg day

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

pathetic little tramp posted:

Vegas has its first pro sports team to rally around in the next few days:

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/915276990600450048

That's just pretty nice.

:thunk:

golden knights.....

golden nights.....

piss tape is real!!!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

logikv9 posted:

folks, the Mandalay Bay has always be a terrible, just awful, very bad! hotel unlike trump hotel Vegas where the drinks are strong, the food is good and there's never been a mass shoo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Ah, the continuing of nothing's mattering

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
wow, just wow. 59 dead, that's just...that's something.
you know, I was in Puerto Rico yesterday, they only had 16, this is almost 4 Puerto Ricos! can you believe it folks? Wow.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

euphronius posted:

[quote="'logikv9'" post="'477020025'"]
trump
[/quote]

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

euphronius posted:

if you're a fox news viewer you think it's going amazingly

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Duscat posted:

trump hurling #10 cans of beans off a balcony as the crowd below scatters screaming

THANK YOU ALL, A++++++, HAVE A GOOD TIME

edit: gently caress, beaten

somebody made a gif of this with trump's head pasted over joe's, does anyone still have that??

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
That voice story, wow

Everything is terrible

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
paul ryan is a wonk if "wonk" means knowing only the cliff notes to ayn rand and like half of a freshman economics course and regurgitating it endlessly

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

beaten :ocelot:

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/915279767599026177

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

appreciate the congrats

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ugh, hes running

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Al! posted:

ugh, hes running

yep

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/politico/status/915281692377612288

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

triple sulk posted:

and i dont mean 'republican'

radish?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

good god that's as effective as a neutering

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

some kind of.... night.... maybe with some knives? long ones.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/915278215702306816

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

zegermans posted:

if you're a fox news viewer you think it's going amazingly

a fox-viewing relative i know said "no matter what people ssay, i still think trump is a g ood rpesident"

i asked why he could say that and to give me a few examples. he changed the subject. turns out later the example were all stuff he was afraidt o say when i was with non-honkey friends lmao

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
yeah im real mad joe biden isnt calling for full communism now in an alabama special election

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/calebecarma/status/915281461435092992

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

ah there's non-onion joe biden

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Kazak_Hstan posted:

yeah im real mad joe biden isnt calling for full communism now in an alabama special election

fuckin counterrevolutionary spotted, prepare for guillotine citizen

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

so like, how did we actually vote against it? did nikki haley just raise her hand and be like, "nope, not america" or what? I don't know how this UN poo poo works

http://ilga.org/downloads/HRC36_death_penalty_voting_resolution.pdf

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Fallen Hamprince posted:

fuckin counterrevolutionary spotted, prepare for guillotine citizen

yes the sweet release of death

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

look at that natural athleticism and raw talent. just truly an extremeley special man

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Unperson_47 posted:

a fox-viewing relative i know said "no matter what people ssay, i still think trump is a g ood rpesident"

i asked why he could say that and to give me a few examples. he changed the subject. turns out later the example were all stuff he was afraidt o say when i was with non-honkey friends lmao

haha nice nice, so "all the racist stuff" is the driving force.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Kazak_Hstan posted:

this but unironically

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

its just a good time

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Vox...is alright

White American men are a bigger domestic terrorist threat than Muslim foreigners

Shageletic has issued a correction as of 19:34 on Oct 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think i might be too bougie to post in this thread because i am giving serious thought to buying out my lease and moving to a unit closer to the pool so i dont have to walk outside in the cold to get to the pool once winter comes :thunk:

• Locked thread