Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Seen plenty of this poo poo on Facebook and even here in GBS. Oh he wasn't a Muslim? He was definitely this Sanders-voting Marxist!! Oh he wasn't that guy? Well then "it's not the time to talk about America's gun control problem"/"This is all a distraction you sheeple #wokeaf"

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

"Why am I being tagged in fetish art?" TheRealAsswolf wonders aloud.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Dejawesp posted:

I think Kennedy had more problems with the FBI dog.

Are any of the various agencies a cat?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Welp. Now i support furries.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

omnibobb posted:

Welp. Now i support furries.

It's a weird time. Furries and Juggalos are not as bad as fascists.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

IamnotJoe posted:

It's a weird time. Furries and Juggalos are not as bad as fascists.

The Juggalos didn't do poo poo. Mostly because the Supremisist rally was like 50 people strong. But Its safe to loathe them again.

I mean, by that logic theres lots of terrible people that aren't as bad as literal Nazi's

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

seems like a horrible waste of loathing

lately I can't really get hackles up about someone being weird or tacky, it's a luxury I can't afford

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Peanut Butler posted:

lately I can't really get hackles up about someone being weird or tacky, it's a luxury I can't afford

President Jademane Calmtail by 2070?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Can somebody help me here? I'm yellow.

He's since countered someone posting a Politifact link with "So you're saying CNN is fake news?", so maybe it can't be helped.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Yes, stop talking to that person.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

SpacePig posted:

He's since countered someone posting a Politifact link with "So you're saying CNN is fake news?", so maybe it can't be helped.

It was on the news this mroing. An Antifa in Las Vegas has killed 59 people.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Peanut Butler posted:

Yeah 2016 - 2017 has really laser focused who I spend my anger on

Spoiler alert: it's nazis

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Zelder posted:

Yeah 2016 - 2017 has really laser focused who I spend my anger on

Spoiler alert: it's nazis

You don't have to spend anger on them. But a group idolizing petty theft and assault and worst, poo poo music. Don't magically become good based on worse groups existing.

Its not incongruous to say they are still terrible but I hope they win against Nazi's.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Peanut Butler posted:

This is me lately. Getting angry at someone who likes different music or wants to gently caress in a fur suit seems childish compared to the honest to god Nazis.

https://twitter.com/Justin_Ling/status/914832730818478080

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Bombadilillo posted:

You don't have to spend anger on them. But a group idolizing petty theft and assault and worst, poo poo music. Don't magically become good based on worse groups existing.

Its not incongruous to say they are still terrible but I hope they win against Nazi's.

if you clutch those pearls any harder they'll turn to diamonds, ninja

clowny daggers y'all

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

LordSaturn posted:

if you clutch those pearls any harder they'll turn to diamonds, ninja

clowny daggers y'all

That's not how either pearls or diamonds work.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

Oh poo poo you're just a big nerd, nvm

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

You're the Geraldo Rivera sound clip from ELEMENT.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Bombadilillo posted:

Are you me when I was 12?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Hmm, I wonder why the last panel doesn't have a president drawn in, instead using uncle Sam as a stand in.

Truly I wonder. :thunk:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Say what you want about the music, aesthetic and lingo of juggalos but petty theft and assault are actually really cool.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

SpacePig posted:

Your friend may very well be a closet neo nazi. Only neo nazis freak out over antifa because on their private message boards antifa is played up as this big looming threat and some people can't help but carry that baggage around in their normal lives.

Sort of like they also carry around the whole "global Jewish media conspiracy" thing and sometimes the crazy just leaks out in every day life.

Another hint is when people bring up Mao/Stalin to somehow "counter" when someone mentions how bad Hitler and the nazis were.

Because only nazis value an idol so lovely that "Not as bad as Stalin" remains the last moral bastion for them.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

https://imgur.com/gallery/HBAdu/

Hot takes on Imgur

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dejawesp posted:

Your friend may very well be a closet neo nazi. Only neo nazis freak out over antifa because on their private message boards antifa is played up as this big looming threat and some people can't help but carry that baggage around in their normal lives.

Sort of like they also carry around the whole "global Jewish media conspiracy" thing and sometimes the crazy just leaks out in every day life.

Another hint is when people bring up Mao/Stalin to somehow "counter" when someone mentions how bad Hitler and the nazis were.

Because only nazis value an idol so lovely that "Not as bad as Stalin" remains the last moral bastion for them.

You say that, but you forget that they have a foothold in the public narrative. Not just neonazis are anti-antifa. Some anti-antifa have been victims of the same propaganda that makes them think black men dressed a certain way are thugs, that everyone with a drug addiction is a worthless criminal, that any broken window in a protest makes it violent and thus invalid, etc. Just garden variety easily duped pearl-clutchers who're often oblivious to their own racism.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

I hate tumblr.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TinTower posted:

I hate tumblr.

im assuming this is a troll

im hoping this is a troll...

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I have no loving idea what that is trying to convey.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

aromantic better have something to do with smell

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Brother Entropy posted:

im assuming this is a troll

im hoping this is a troll...

Can you decrypt for the rest of us?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
They say that Hefner was aromantic, ie someone who isn't interested in romantic relationships. Like asexual, but pushed even further.

Those colors are the flags/colors they claimed for themselves.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

TinTower posted:

I hate tumblr.

Is it St. Patrick's day already

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Tbh I've never been quite clear on the difference between asexual and aromantic, so let's pull up the way they themselves define it.

From wiki.asexuality.org

quote:

An aromantic is a person who experiences little or no romantic attraction to others. Where romantic people have an emotional need to be with another person in a romantic relationship, aromantics are often satisfied with friendships and other non-romantic relationships. What distinguishes romantic relationships from a non-romantic relationships can vary diversely, but often includes physical connection (holding hands, cuddling, etc.) The aromantic attribute is usually considered to be innate and not a personal choice, just as the lack of sexual attraction is innate to asexuals. It is important to note that aromantics do not lack emotional/personal connection, but simply have no instinctual need to develop connections of a romantic nature. Aromantics can have needs for just as much empathetic support as romantics, but these needs can be fulfilled in a platonic way.

It is possible for an aromantic individual to be involved in, and enjoy, a devoted relationship with another person, but these relations are often closer friendships, naturally reflecting the closeness of the two individuals and not a purposely initiated monogamous separation as is often found in romantic couples. Aromantics may experience squishes which are the aromantic or platonic equivalent of a romantic crush. When an aromatic gets into a relationship that's more than friends - but less than romantic - that is known as a queerplatonic relationship.

Like all romantic identities aromatics can be of any sexual orientation.

Welp, that didn't really help, did it?

E: from the same place

quote:

Related terminology

aromantic: a person who does not experience romantic attraction

demiromantic: a person who does not experience romantic attraction until a close emotional bond has been forged

grey-romantic: a person who does not experience romantic attraction very often, or otherwise feels between a romantic and an aromantic on the romantic scale

lithromantic: a person who experiences romantic love but does not want their feelings to be reciprocated.

squish: a desire to spend time with someone specifically and get to know them personally, sans romantic feelings. A platonic crush

queerplatonic relationship: a relationship that is not romantic but involves a close emotional connection beyond what most people consider friendship. The commitment level in a queerplatonic relationship is often considered to be similar to that of a romantic relationship. People in a queerplatonic relationship may be of any romantic or sexual orientation.

WTFromantic: a person on the aromantic spectrum who doesn’t see the lines between romance and friendship. Any of the following may also apply: cannot define romantic attraction and therefore do not know whether they experience it, have emotions between platonic and romantic attraction, want to be in a queerplatonic relationship

zucchini: a term used to refer to a partner in a queerplatonic relationship. Roughly equivalent to the terms boyfriend/girlfriend for a romantic relationship

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 22:38 on Oct 3, 2017

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

mng posted:

It was on the news this mroing. An Antifa in Las Vegas has killed 59 people.

I saw CNN today oh boy. Antifa done shot up a country fest.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

my absolute favorite part about ben garrison is the rampant overlabeling of his cartoons. like not only did he have to label truman and kennedy, but loving uncle sam gets USA

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Is it just me or does antifa seem like just a scapegoat. Wasn't a minority? Must be antifa.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

poly and open-minded posted:

my absolute favorite part about ben garrison is the rampant overlabeling of his cartoons. like not only did he have to label truman and kennedy, but loving uncle sam gets USA

It's because he's actually kind of poo poo as an artist. I've mentioned this before in the politoons thread, but Garrison is good at drawing individual parts of things, but he is spectacularly incompetent at making those parts fit together cohesively.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

[quote="“Intoluene”" post="“477027472”"]
Is it just me or does antifa seem like just a scapegoat. Wasn’t a minority? Must be antifa.
[/quote]

Works out well, because Antifa are a minority!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

SpacePig posted:

In a fun and not at all surprising twist, my anti-vax flat earth cousin-in-law also believes that the Vegas shooting was a hoax! He's deleted the post that actually used the word "hoax", but this one is still up:

Call that dickhead out and don’t let this poo poo slide. gently caress anyone who has the nerve to call this poo poo a false flag. It’s always been hosed up, but I’m saying we shouldn’t stand for that poo poo anymore.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Fathis Munk posted:

Tbh I've never been quite clear on the difference between asexual and aromantic, so let's pull up the way they themselves define it.

From wiki.asexuality.org

Welp, that didn't really help, did it?

E: from the same place

Seriously, queerplatonic just sounds like having a best friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Boywhiz88 posted:

Call that dickhead out and don’t let this poo poo slide. gently caress anyone who has the nerve to call this poo poo a false flag. It’s always been hosed up, but I’m saying we shouldn’t stand for that poo poo anymore.

Agreed. I called a someone a "stupid loving idiot" for saying that poo poo.